PDA

View Full Version : BB Typing

Kuea
Sep 24, 2005, 07:22 PM
well when I'm playing BB and hit space to start typing, I always start off in the japanese typing setting

Tycho told me how to switch it to regular typing by pressing alt+shift

but now, after I type one line and hit enter

I hit space again to type, but it won't let me type

I hit a button and I get nohting

to type again I have to press alt+shift twice to go back to JP then to regular again >_>

why is it doing this? D:

annoying as hell

Blitzkommando
Sep 24, 2005, 11:01 PM
I assume you are like me and want to keep your alternate IME settings. In that case, there is really nothing I have found out to correct this issue. The only thing I suggest that is slightly less annoying than that is pressing Alt+~. You will only have to do that after each load, or change in menu. There must be a better way at doing this, but I have yet to find a solution other than this myself.

Dark_Scythe
Sep 26, 2005, 11:01 PM
I just now Downloaded PSOBB and Im really excited to play and did everything i needed to do to get going. So I click on my BB shortcut and it sends me to the opening screen and then the music "oh that sweet beautiful music" and I press enter, (my mouse is not on the screen) I go to login and get the user id to highlight in green, but then I cannot type. Why? Why will it not let me type, please if someone knows give me a reply, i would relly appreciate it.

Blitzkommando
Sep 27, 2005, 06:30 PM
I figured it out just a few minutes ago, Eclair. Because of the way BB is programmed it is rather... irregular, however, it is a simple key action each time you log in and you will type in English for the rest of the session online unless you should choose to switch back to Japanese.

Firstly, create a keyboard command to switch to whatever language set you wish to type with in PSO. Do this by opening the Settings menu for the language bar. Secondly, go to the Key Settings... menu. Select the language and how to activate it. Now, when you go into PSO, you will have to hold Shift first, then the following keys. In my case, Shift+CTRL+2. I set another for Japanese so that I may switch between the two at my choosing. I hope that helps.

Kuea
Sep 28, 2005, 03:37 PM
I love you blitz >_>