PDA

View Full Version : Exorcism of Emily Rose

InfinityXXX
Sep 25, 2005, 12:28 AM
I saw it and though it wasn't scary it made me think. It was based on a true story.

It seemed like she was possesed but the people were able to back up every possesed like sympton with a reasonable medical explination.

Some of me(a very little part) actually leans over to the priests(defendant) side and most of me leans over to the plaintiff's side.

So, do you guys believe that people can be possesed and that there are demons and stuff. *Also* In order to get what I've said you have to see the movie

CupOfCoffee
Sep 25, 2005, 02:29 AM
I'm not sure how much of it was the true story. At the end, it says that the whole movie was created by a friend of Erin Bruner's (the priest's lawyer) after being showed Erin's case notes. I think the absolute basics of the trial probably did happen, but I'm not sure about any of the rest.

As far as possession goes, I'm not really willing to take one side or the other. Some of the evidence is pretty convincing both for and against, so I'm not really sure. Although some parts of the trial got a little draggy, I liked the movie a lot.

Edit: Er, I forgot to mention that I disagree with you on the procecution explaining all of Emily's symptoms medically. Her speaking all those ancient languages really didn't seem plausible if you buy the procecution lawyer's story of "she learned them all in school." I took Spanish for two years in high school and don't remember a lick of it, much less how to say things like "come and get me, priest." Also, the lawyer guy offered another pretty lame excuse for the part where she was naming off the demons inside of her using both sets of vocal cords. I mean, even if monks can do it, it's like part of their intense monk training. I doubt if a random girl who didn't even know she had two sets of vocal cords could activate them both and speak in two voices at once, naming off various demonic entities in foreign languages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2005-09-25 00:36 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Sep 25, 2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah, that does make sense. That or shes just EXTREMELY SMART where foreign languages just can come quickly to her by listening to others.

Oh yeah, and I agree with you when the lawyer was talking about the 2 vocal chords.(Everyone in the movie started booing when the lawyer started explaining about the monks and vocal chords) I highly doubt that a young 19 year old girl will know how to use 2 vocal chords.

SEMI SPOILER

But when she was naming off the demons, that to was also disturbing along with the part where she was eating spiders.

Lots of people say it sucks because it wans't scary but to me, I don't think it was suppose to be scary. Its just one of those type of movies where you just ask "what if?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-09-25 10:03 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Sep 25, 2005, 12:38 PM
I totally agree. I did jump a little when she turned to look at the guy taking the test next to her, though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Madzozs
Sep 25, 2005, 01:12 PM
If you were in a choral group in High School, there is a chance you were taught to use both chords. As a Bass in chorus, I had to use them quite a bit. I even used them to make myself sound like a didgeridoo in band.

I haven't seen the movie and I probably won't, I'm just throwing this out there.

Larian
Sep 30, 2005, 08:50 PM
DUDE...It was really really boring at the beginning but twards the end it did a whole trippy Evangelion mess with you head type thing...and that made the whole movie! So I say it was good!

Rubius-sama
Oct 1, 2005, 06:03 AM
Back in my country, my cousin was posessed by something when I was 4 and he was 3. I saw it first hand so I know it can happen. He was acting really really crazy. When I went up to him (not knowing he's posessed) he ran towards me and bit me real hard on the right arm. He was also breaking everything inside his house and burning my aun't cosmetics (if I remember right).

Anyways, they couldn't restrain him so they had to call in a cleric to purge his body of any demons. After he recited several verses over him, my cousin seemed to be normal again but didn't have any memory of what he had done.

Daikarin
Oct 1, 2005, 06:16 AM
No need to fear those things, that's what faith is all about. Live a honest life, be greateful at your God for protection. For those who are atheists, just believe in your protection.

Clerics are no different than anyone else, but since some have bigger faith, people look forward to them when something happens which and only when they don't understand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daikarin on 2005-10-01 04:19 ]</font>

Dana
Oct 1, 2005, 07:04 AM
"based on a true story" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Surly not...Well, some believe in things like that

Bleh, the freakything is...

EVIL IS COMING YOU YOU http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

only joking...or am i http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

..well, if "Satan", "lufifer", "the devil", "the beast"....usw......If he wanted to possess someone i am sure he woud do it in style, with freaky stuff...

>.> Right???

CupOfCoffee
Oct 1, 2005, 09:37 AM
Well, in the movie, it wasn't Satan who possessed Emily, it was six lesser demons. Towards the end she started yelling out their names, and they were like, "I WAS IN JONAS!" and "I WAS PART OF LEGION!" and stuff. And hey, they did get her pretty stylishly. Gave her Stigmata and everything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ginko
Oct 4, 2005, 12:27 AM
well then the last demon said "And I am Lucifer"