PDA

View Full Version : You can target monster's weak points in first person shootin

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 08:30 PM
This is what I hoped would be the case with the first person shooting mode. This will definitely give more meaning and reward to using a ranger style character. Also this is great for when flying enemies go to high for auto targetting. Who else agrees?

Uncle_bob
Sep 25, 2005, 08:47 PM
Awesome! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully their weakpoints are logical most of the time. What I mean is that I hope that areas like the head and neck are the weakest rather than something like their tail or foot being the weakest points.

lostinseganet
Sep 25, 2005, 08:57 PM
On 2005-09-25 18:47, Uncle_bob wrote:
Awesome! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hopefully their weakpoints are logical most of the time. What I mean is that I hope that areas like the head and neck are the weakest rather than something like their tail or foot being the weakest points.

Well what if the monster is like an Armadillo?

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 08:58 PM
I give up. I can't get the video without the download dying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-25 19:17 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Sep 25, 2005, 09:24 PM
On 2005-09-25 18:57, lostinseganet wrote:

On 2005-09-25 18:47, Uncle_bob wrote:

Well what if the monster is like an Armadillo?

Run over them with a car futuristic-PSU-spacemobile.. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Dre_o
Sep 25, 2005, 09:38 PM
Hey it's all good and all but the only thing that matters to me is if i can blow something's f^%(*#@ head off. That is my wish.

________
Buell RR1200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Buell_RR1200)

_Tek_
Sep 25, 2005, 09:52 PM
K so my download keeps freezing, like time has stoppped, so I left it running a bit and it continued. The only problem is that it was corrupted once it finished. I'm trying again, and it has started up again after freezing. Hopefully it won't be corrupted again. Others have gotten it to work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-25 20:32 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 26, 2005, 01:25 AM
woohoo! Maybe R66-Y will make a return in this game... I didn't want to go the path of the ranger as my main since I had done it in DC and GCN... But with such a spiffy offering, we will have to see...

Mixfortune
Sep 26, 2005, 01:38 AM
Here's hoping that increased point/focus investment in accuracy and/or marksman type skills will increase the area in which it registers as a weak point, giving a means of blending the character's build with a player's skill at first person firing in combat.

_Tek_
Sep 26, 2005, 03:00 AM
Do what Jon_F told me.

Try getright.

Google it, go to first result. Its a download manager. Everytime the download dies, just hit pause/resume. I think its only meant for use with Interenet explorer as default, I'm sure you can change that.

Lol @ the movie. Those 2 head creators of PSU walk in and its seems pretty silent. If i was there I'd be like "w00t u is teh 1337!", seriously. Why is most of the video directed towards the girl playing?

So I guess you just roam around a large area and go to teleporters to dungeons. Actually I suppose we've never really seen a good example of those random generated levels have we? Since we've seen just some shots of the underground relic level, and most other fighting is on a grassland which is large and flat. Not really random is it?

And the sword looks awesome, and the dual sabers are extreme!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Tek_ on 2005-09-26 01:21 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 26, 2005, 06:18 AM
Well, looks like I'll get a chance to pull off my famous headshots in this game, too.

Dre_o
Sep 26, 2005, 07:09 AM
Well, looks like I'll get a chance to pull off my famous headshots in this game, too.

Oh really, We'll just have to see who is better, won't we?

________
drugtest (http://drugtestingkit.org)

ecchichuu
Sep 26, 2005, 08:47 AM
On 2005-09-26 01:00, _Tek_ wrote:
Why is most of the video directed towards the girl playing?

I almost suffered a breakdown when they started playing psu. Instead of showing the game, the goddamn cameraman kept recording the face of Karen's voice actor for like five minutes. "Move the camera, damn you! MOVE THE GODDAMN CAMERA!!"

Reenee
Sep 26, 2005, 09:48 AM
Women > Gaming

Shame on you all.

DarK-SuN
Sep 26, 2005, 11:29 AM
On 2005-09-26 06:47, ecchichuu wrote:

On 2005-09-26 01:00, _Tek_ wrote:
Why is most of the video directed towards the girl playing?

I almost suffered a breakdown when they started playing psu. Instead of showing the game, the goddamn cameraman kept recording the face of Karen's voice actor for like five minutes. "Move the camera, damn you! MOVE THE GODDAMN CAMERA!!"

Amen to that, I started skipping the video till the actual ingame footage started to show.

Parn
Sep 26, 2005, 11:33 AM
I'd say the girl was a little too ditsy for my taste. Besides, it's clear that her purpose was to attract horny 15-year-old Japanese boys to go get PSU in the hope that if they get online, she might offer them sex as a reward.

Reenee
Sep 26, 2005, 04:02 PM
On 2005-09-26 04:18, Kent wrote:

Seeing as PSU is not a real FPS, don't expect FPS likenesses with your shots. They'll be crude and basic.

ON THE OTHER HAND, does the fact that shooting a particular area on an enemy seem to hint at something more you can do in PSU? The enemies have vulnerabilities now. We might have to use a particular attack.

Dre_o
Sep 26, 2005, 04:13 PM
Seeing as PSU is not a real FPS, don't expect FPS likenesses with your shots. They'll be crude and basic.

ON THE OTHER HAND, does the fact that shooting a particular area on an enemy seem to hint at something more you can do in PSU? The enemies have vulnerabilities now. We might have to use a particular attack

Ah, A very intriguing point. The thought of having to attack a bosses body parts or sheild generator type items will add another depth to the strategy of PSU.

On the topic of the detail of headshots, I agree that the heads of the monster may not melt off their shoulders or what not but I can only hope that it might do extra and nock the monster back or out of the air and stun it (if it happens to be large).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2005-09-26 14:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2005-09-26 14:21 ]</font>
________
smoking kills (http://smokekills.net)

PhruitBaskit
Sep 26, 2005, 05:45 PM
That's one thing I can't wait for is aiming manually. I would much rather aim myself insted of PSO's automatic lock-on style (not to say that it didn't kick ass, but it did suck when the dragon flew up and your cast couldn't hit it [no techs]).

_Tek_
Sep 26, 2005, 08:30 PM
Similar to C mode where there were certain targets to shoot.

Kent
Sep 27, 2005, 03:07 AM
On 2005-09-26 14:02, Reenee wrote:

On 2005-09-26 04:18, Kent wrote:

ON THE OTHER HAND, does the fact that shooting a particular area on an enemy seem to hint at something more you can do in PSU? The enemies have vulnerabilities now. We might have to use a particular attack.

Actually, I was thinking about it in more of a Metal Gear Solid style (stop, first-person aim, shoot), because it was stated in an interview that they don't want people to play the game as an FPS... The difference being, of course, that you have a crosshair in this game, heh.

I agree, that that would be a better choice. Seeing people play PSO like an FPS would be pretty disheartening.

Come to think of it, it sounds like the weak spots that enemies have in Panzer Dragoon Saga. Not always the head, but things like a place with less armor, the mouth, etc. Knowing Sega, there will probably be weapons that don't do much damage to enemies normally, but do lots of damage to weak points.

Rubesahl
Sep 27, 2005, 09:02 AM
On 2005-09-26 09:33, Parn wrote:
I'd say the girl was a little too ditsy for my taste. Besides, it's clear that her purpose was to attract horny 15-year-old Japanese boys to go get PSU in the hope that if they get online, she might offer them sex as a reward.

LMAO That is soooo true O_o Just check out the Morning Musume fanboys, I tell you, THAT is scary . _ .

I downloaded the vid and it was 'corrupt' So I'm re downloading which should fix everything http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Looks like rangers are gonna feel more special with the FPS view http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's a great feature they've added ^_^ Can't wait to try it out. It'll be cool hitting rappies in the face >: D

Rion772
Sep 27, 2005, 03:03 PM
On 2005-09-27 07:02, Rubesahl wrote:

On 2005-09-26 09:33, Parn wrote:

LMAO That is soooo true O_o Just check out the Morning Musume fanboys, I tell you, THAT is scary . _ .

I downloaded the vid and it was 'corrupt' So I'm re downloading which should fix everything http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Looks like rangers are gonna feel more special with the FPS view http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif That's a great feature they've added ^_^ Can't wait to try it out. It'll be cool hitting rappies in the face >: D

i hope theres some cool guns to make being a ranger be more fun, w/o cool guns its boring, and the fps view sounds really fun, enemies will be charging you or w/e and u can shoot them in the head =)

Dre_o
Sep 27, 2005, 03:18 PM
i hope theres some cool guns to make being a ranger be more fun, w/o cool guns its boring, and the fps view sounds really fun, enemies will be charging you or w/e and u can shoot them in the head =)

Hmm... this sounds uncannily familiar.....almost like ive seen it before.........

Oh well, it is indeed the truth.

________
vapor genie (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

_Tek_
Sep 27, 2005, 08:41 PM
Don't be counting on any one hit kills though, shooting somethign in its weak spot will probably just render more damage, then it will own you....lol

Kent
Sep 27, 2005, 08:50 PM
Something to do if the enemy is chasing someone else around, heh...

Dre_o
Sep 27, 2005, 09:12 PM
Something to do if the enemy is chasing someone else around, heh...

Ah one of the best ways to spend time.... now you'll be able to help without getting owned.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 27, 2005, 11:54 PM
it would be nice if you could move around and shoot at the same time in an FPS mode. Would sure make things more easier for machinima purposes. oh well. (sheesh the game's (and the first episode) not even out and i've already figured out how to make the two work together?

Rion772
Sep 29, 2005, 05:28 AM
On 2005-09-27 21:54, Jonathan_F wrote:
it would be nice if you could move around and shoot at the same time in an FPS mode. Would sure make things more easier for machinima purposes. oh well. (sheesh the game's (and the first episode) not even out and i've already figured out how to make the two work together?

yeah that would be fun, hopefully you can move in some way when your shooting in FPS, so you can stay safe like strafing or strifing or what the hell ever, I just want to shoot enemies in the head =)

omegabuild
Sep 29, 2005, 07:33 AM
you cannot move while shooting they said, then again in pso you couldnt move while shooting. you probably cant move while attacking either. ( in pso attacking moved you, you didnt choose the direction)really this isnt a FPS,so you may ass well stop hoping it was like one. I'd love to have fighting game comand style imputs for special moves, but its not a fighting game so thats unlikely.

Try to focus on what the game offers, some people think yall guys hopes are actual reality

PhruitBaskit
Sep 29, 2005, 12:31 PM
On 2005-09-27 21:54, Jonathan_F wrote:

That is one thing I hated about PSO. I hope in PSU you can shoot while you're running. I just thought it was annoying to have to stop to shoot. THAT BETTER BE CHANGED IN PSU!!! (i dont care that much though, because im buying psu nomatter what)

_Tek_
Sep 29, 2005, 03:03 PM
I would be happy with just the ability to slowly walk while whooting.

But if you could run, I think that would be too much.

Split
Sep 29, 2005, 04:20 PM
I think the fps mode is dandy, but it would be sweet if the game automatically switched to controling like a third person shooter when you brandished a gun. It would also be good if your character ACTUALLY FUCKING AIMED THE GUN upward and downward instead of just pointing it straight while the bullets magically hit the enemy above you. Unfortunately, in spite of all psu's utter awesomeness, it still doesn't seem to do that. You still have to stop and shoot. Plain and simple.

And the movies' focus on Karens voice actor FUCKING PISSED ME OFF! We want to see the damn game!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-09-29 14:21 ]</font>

_Tek_
Sep 29, 2005, 09:08 PM
Yeah I agree, the way guns shot in PSO was just garbage. You could sometimes see the bullets shooting at a near 80 degree angle compared to the barrel.

Dre_o
Sep 29, 2005, 10:08 PM
My only thought is, if there is shots, how will shots be aimed in FPS mode.

I only think of multitargeting doing well in 3rd person view.

_Tek_
Sep 30, 2005, 02:16 AM
Most likely the shots will no have the FPS, since they are bit shorter in range, but wider dispersal.

Rion772
Sep 30, 2005, 05:31 AM
Agreed, it's sort of hard to miss with phantasy star shotguns as well, aiming is unnessisary. I haven't seen any movies with any weapons like the red scorpio, inferno bazooka, and the photon launcher (& guilty light). Maybe i missed a video but anyway if those are in psu maybe the shells could burst when they hit the target so you need fps mode with those?

Kent
Sep 30, 2005, 06:52 AM
Maybe they'll act like a real shotgun?

PhruitBaskit
Sep 30, 2005, 12:22 PM
On 2005-09-30 04:52, Kent wrote:
Maybe they'll act like a real shotgun?

THAT would be very nice. Especially if you can use shots in fps.