PDA

View Full Version : Some random info

Hrith
Sep 27, 2005, 08:12 AM
I acquired a Heavenly/Battle, and tested the difference with V101, at last.

Pic:
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psobb/speedunits

On first using it, I saw no difference at all, that was using shots, which are rather slow.

I let Aeon use it on some hunter weapons, and he told me he noticed a slight difference on Katanas and Double Sabers.

I grabbed a Double Saber, being the slowest weapon type in the game, if I noticed no difference then...
But I did, especially on the final part of the combo.
It's barely noticeable, though.

If I was to use figures, I'd say V101 is 37% or 38% while Heavenly/Battle is 40%. But then annoying whiners will ask me "how can you notice a 2% or 3% increase?", hence why I'd rather not use figures.
And like I said, I had to use the slowest weapon type in the game to notice a slight difference.

So V101 is indeed a lot better.

-------------------

Now to V501.
I finally figured how this unit worked, it's rather simple, it gives you about 30-40% hit to all weapons equipped, but only to their special attacks.

It affects all special attacks that are related to your ATA.
To my knowledge, the only special attacks not affected are techniques (Dragon's Claw, Magical Piece, etc.) and Berdysh/Tsumikiri J-Sword.

It even affects Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen (making the special more accurate than the hard attack) and Orotiagito, etc.

Thanks to Aeon for testing some hunter weapons for me.

It does not increase the odds of a special like Arrest working, it's still 80% for non-androids, for instance.

Honestly, I love this unit, it never leaves me.

Think about it, it affects Berserk and Demon's <_<

-------------------

Then BananaAnn tested Sweetheart + Vivienne compared to God/Battle, V101 and Heavenly/Battle.

Surprisingly, the speed boost is not God/Battle speed, but V101 speed.

The battle speed of Vivienne + Sweetheart is notably faster than Vivienne + God/Battle.
Vivienne + Sweetheart seems to be as fast as Vivienne + V101.

-------------------

Lastly, I made a mistake when testing Ophelie Seize, the special is really Chaos, not Havoc.

Thanks to Aeon and BananaAnn for helping me through those tests.

RadiantLegend
Sep 27, 2005, 12:27 PM
A Demon's Needle + v501 would be O_O'

Dana
Sep 27, 2005, 05:05 PM
On 2005-09-27 10:27, Ragolismine wrote:
A Demon's Needle + v501 would be O_O'

i second that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And nice for beserk, and on Cast weapons to aid their lower atp...

Tycho
Sep 28, 2005, 08:25 AM
I'd go for a Demon's Shot myself; three Rangers spamming Needle attacks at Heavenly/ speed would be rather... cancel-tastic.

Anyway. I understand how you could have tested whether V501 affects ESP-based specials, but, could you explain how you found that V501 would increase ATA by 30-40? I'm interested, because I do not see how you could have found that out. Are you sure it does not add add an amount of ATA relative to the user's total ATA? It'd be hard to test that.

Hrith
Sep 28, 2005, 08:34 AM
No, because it would make the unit uber on Rangers, and useless on Forces, and FOmars using it find it very good.

30-40% hit is an estimation. When using a weapon with Berserk + V501, it feels like using the same weapon with 30-40% hit.

Figures aren't too important, it's just to give a rough idea, what's important is to know that V501 increases the ATA of special attacks; and since hit% is only useful for using special attacks, this unit owns.

I hope it affects S-Rank weapons >_>