PDA

View Full Version : Won't let me delete...

Arross
Sep 28, 2005, 05:01 PM
theres this folder and i know that whatever is in there is messing up my computer and i try to delete but it always says access denied but every time i hit ctrl+alt+del and in the proccess for it it just comes back on right away. anyone know any programs to help me out and where to get em?

VioletSkye
Sep 28, 2005, 05:03 PM
Boot up in Safemode and try deleting it. Also have you tried simply restarting your pc and then deleting the folder? If so, use the Safemode option. Lastly, are you an Admin on the profile you are using. If a folder is encypted or protected, then only an Admin will be able to delete it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-28 15:05 ]</font>

Arross
Sep 28, 2005, 05:05 PM
ive restarted it i dont know how many times but ill give safe mode a try.

watashiwa
Sep 28, 2005, 05:08 PM
Sounds like he's got some type of spyware/adware running. That type of situation sounds similar to ETB (Elite Toolbar)

As VioletSkye said, deleting it in safe mode should help. ;(

For people who are not that computer literate but want to try to keep their computer safe from Spyware, I recommend Microsoft's AntiSpyware tool. It's a free download from microsoft.com

It can scan your machine, update itself with new definitions, plus have a real time spyware detector analyzer thingy loaded in the system tray which will alert you to any strange activity occuring on your computer. (Registry edits, new startup programs, browser helper objects being installed, and alot more..)

In addition to alerting you, it will ask you if you want to allow or block actions taking place when they could be suspicious or not.

Good stuff. Recommend it for people who always seem to be getting loaded up with spyware. (Although that's not me, I've never been infected with the stuff ever.. mostly 'cuz I don't do much on the 'net besides minor forum browsing, instant messaging, a game or two here and there, and some light downloading. =P)

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 04:03 PM
one problem, when i restart windows (xp) and hit F8 when it tells me to, it just boots normal and doesnt go to anything else.

watashiwa
Sep 29, 2005, 04:08 PM
As soon as you turn your PC on, keep tapping F8, even before the Windows XP logo comes up and the bar at the bottom begins to animate.

You should definitely be presented with a menu, unless your keyboard is broke, because I don't think there's any option to disable that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2005-09-29 14:09 ]</font>

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 04:16 PM
k, i'll try that thx

VioletSkye
Sep 29, 2005, 04:25 PM
If for whatever reason that doesn't work go to START>RUN, then type in MSCONFIG and hit Enter. Then click the BOOT.INI tab and put a check in SAFEBOOT. By default MINIMAL should be selected. Then click APPLY then OK and restart. After it reboots in Safe Mode, delete the folder then go back into BOOT.INI and deselect SAFEBOOT then reboot again and it should boot up normally.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-09-29 14:27 ]</font>

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 04:45 PM
ok thats fixed and thanks a bunch for that.

but now i have another problem thats been going on for a couple days now: my computer is echoing, everthing, wav, mp3, wma, its just all the audio.

please help

watashiwa
Sep 29, 2005, 04:51 PM
Do you have a mic connected to your computer? If so, you might want to run sndvol32.exe and look to see if your microphone's input is selected under Options -> Properties -> Recording, hitting OK.

If it is selected, deselect it. In addition to that, also go back to Options -> Properties -> Playback and sliding the microphone volume tab down.

If you can't find the microphone volume tab in either of those, make sure it's checked under Options -> Properties. (Has to be checked for both recording and playback for the tab to be visible in both areas..)

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 05:00 PM
i unlplugged the microphone and it didnt help.

where is the sndolv32 thing?

VioletSkye
Sep 29, 2005, 05:11 PM
On 2005-09-29 15:00, Arross wrote:
i unlplugged the microphone and it didnt help.

where is the sndolv32 thing?

go to START>RUN and type sndvol32.exe.

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 05:18 PM
either i'm not doing somthing right or thats not the prob cuz its still doing it

in case this helps its more of a fadeish short echo, not like echo echo echo echo
like the same sound is played a tiny split second after

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arross on 2005-09-29 15:19 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Sep 29, 2005, 05:24 PM
Try putting a check in MUTE for LINE IN if its listed.

Arross
Sep 29, 2005, 05:58 PM
nope http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blitzkommando
Sep 29, 2005, 08:03 PM
Do you have a SoundBlaster card? If so, do you have EAX enabled? If you do have a SoundBlaster card, go to: Start -> Programs -> Creative -> Creative Audio Console and click on the EAX tab. From there turn off EAX. That can have the effects which you are experiencing.

Arross
Sep 30, 2005, 04:03 PM
not that either.

it just started and i don't know why

Getintothegame
Sep 30, 2005, 05:03 PM
Eh, are your speakers plugged in all the way?