PDA

View Full Version : Coolio(For no better damn name)

Saiffy
Sep 29, 2005, 09:58 PM
As most know, I've been having internet troubles the past few days, well, everyone who uses my ISP is, but, yeah.

Until today, phoning their tech support got you an automated message saying they're having troubles(Duh). My brother(Who, god forbid can't go without WoW for a day) phoned them today because he was too impatient to wait the 15 minutes for it to reconnect again. Getting angry the 30 minutes or so he was on hold(Which isn't the problem, really, I didn't care)

They told him to unplug the router and just have one PC directly connected, despite the logic that 3 people I know who use the same ISP and have no routers are experiencing the same problems, I doubt it's the router(I could've worded that better, too). Regardless, my brother did it, and connected his PC too(Disconnecting me without warning aswell >_>). So, I went to play some PSO offline, I can wait a bit without a connection.

Two hours later, he still gets random lag spikes and disconnected every 40 or so minutes, but he insists on keeping his PC directly connected(And...I needed to get online to do some research...>_> which I should be doing right now). I asked him nicely, and then I was nicely(Sarcasm) suggested to "Fuck off". Now, whenever my family gets mad at me, I manage to stay calm(Something everyone else seems to not be able to do). I waited another 30 minutes before I asked him again, which he went to the whole thing about how he phoned Shaw so he should stay connected(Despite it not being any better than before), at which point. I just disconnected him for a second, plugged the router back in. At which point he came storming here and called me a "Little fuck"(1 inch shorter! O:). Screaming, punching a door, etc. Which of course, wakes my mom up who is right above us. She gets mad, I get accused of screaming my head off. Yeah, lot's off bullshit I don't need.

Needless to say, I'm not waking him up tomorrow for school(Funny how the little brother wakes everyone up). Waking him up means I gotta get up at 6:15(A healthy 2 hours and 10 minutes before I gotta leave for school).

Writing it out, it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it was, but I'm missing details and such. Every 5 minutes he's screaming something at me, meh. Not gonna let it get to me. :3

ABDUR101
Sep 29, 2005, 10:15 PM
The joys of siblings. =]

He'll get over it, obviously he knew the connection was pretty much the same, and was just being hardheaded so you'd be left out with no net access.

I dunno about not waking him for school though, but your call. =]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 30, 2005, 04:27 AM
My little brother wakes up my dad for work, extra early. He's such a responsible guy to be able to do that for the family. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You're not the only one. The world would cease to be(for some) without you guys.

but yeah, lest you want to feel the wrath of your older bro's screaming/hot breath, you shouldgo about business as usual.

Sorry to hear you get the brunt of all your family's quarrels.

Let him be. Tell him calmly how he disconnected you from the net. Be considerate as well. Ask how long it will take. But don't give up your stance that "we can both use it" and it isn'thard to compromise.

My younger brother was sitting at my brand new $1000 comp before I could touch it. Didn't ask me to use it, didn't offer to pay a share of it to use it, just immediately runs online to download music over filesharing programs.

I waited 3 hours for him to finish, I didn't want to kick his ass at my grandmother's house. Cause a commotion, turn off the comp, delete his shit on there, etc.

I was blunt and kept at it. "How much longer, hurry up please, I worked all week to use this thing and paid a grand for it, you paid me nothing and I didn't say you could use it, especially not for music downloads which could mess it all up if you don't know what you're doing and get a virus. Hurry up and get off. Okay 1 hour now, 2 hours. You've been on too long."

I can wait. I'm patient now, but never have been in the past. Pushover? 3 hours? Why bother to get upset, he's a jerk, and will always be. Let it slide. I gotta be the bigger person and compensate for it, even apologizing to the person I was supposed to meet up with, knowing it wasn't my fault 100%.

Sharing. Sibling rivarly. Mine mine mine mentality. Me first.

Good to see you can overcome it and keep your head up high. Good show. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

navci
Sep 30, 2005, 10:25 AM
If you know your router settings, you can tweak it so that on his particular address certain ports need for certain application is blocked out, but otherwise everything is okay. Leave it like that for a day. Just to be annoying.

Careful not to do it without knowing what you're doing. (as I have learned). Revenge is sweet, in a very passive sort of way.

And by the way, Wow is a gateway drug. They need rehabiliating. *snicker*