PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Mines?

REJ-
Sep 30, 2005, 08:00 PM
Ok, so the first time I went into the mines, I got beat-down in first room. I was Lvl 107 then, I leveled up 3 times then went in just to see how hard it was. At Lvl 110, I just Owned my way through the place. I don't get how 3 Lvls make that much of a difference. I tried it again today lvl.112 and beat them all down. Can someone tell me whats going on?

Hrith
Oct 1, 2005, 02:58 AM
Did your equipment change much between those levels?

It's probably just you that got better, too.

Or got really unlucky when you tried at Lv 107, sometimes the monsters are less aggressive, it's random.

_Tek_
Oct 1, 2005, 05:01 AM
There is never a change in their agression. They simply walk towards you direction and atack once in range. That's all there is to the AI.

Hrith
Oct 1, 2005, 05:53 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

yeah right...

The behaviour of monsters is kinda random, especially in Mine, where Gill/Dubchich sometimes fire like 3 lasers in one full run, some times fire 50 lasers at you in another run.

That's just one example.

DezoPenguin
Oct 1, 2005, 07:55 AM
Other examples include:

Whether the Canabins stay up in the air slowly tracking you with there once-in-a-blue-moon-I'll-shoot lightning bolts, or instead they zoom in on you in a cloud, break up your mechgun combos, and generally run interference for the monsters that can actually hurt you.

Pure luck on whether the Gill/Dubchichs fall down when you hit them (my personal experience is that when you're shooting them from across the room they always fall down and make you wait for them to get up before you can finally kill them, but when they're two inches from your nose and you really need the second shot from a Final Impact combo to knock them over they laugh at your puny attacks).

Lastly, I might also mention that with six Mines 1 maps (offline), there's a few variations where you can get seriously mugged by Gillchichs in the first room if you're careless because they spawn close to the door. Pattern 1, Variation 1 (as it's labeled here on this site's guides) is especially nasty for those new to the Mines experience, what with 13 Gills in the first room (and five more if you check the treasure at the north end), alternating waves of Gillchichs and Canabins in the second room, and again alternating waves of Gillchichs and Canabins in the third room, but in the dark.

REJ-
Oct 1, 2005, 09:45 AM
It could be random, or I could have just gotten lucky, cause I had no equipment change, just 3 levels.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 1, 2005, 10:02 AM
It might've been that you unwittingly psyched yourself up for it. Every time I play a boss in any game that totally whips me, it gets burned into my mind as some kind of nightmare-inspiring ultra boss, and the next time I fight him, I always take extreme caution, plan out everything, and end up crushing him with massive prejudice because I overestimate him. Maybe you just overestimated the Mines, and three levels later, you were extra careful not to get killed so it seemed easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2005-10-01 08:03 ]</font>