PDA

View Full Version : okay, that's it.

Wyndham
Sep 30, 2005, 08:37 PM
listen, i've kept quiet long enough, and im just gonna say what i want to for a second.
yeah. i use a macintosh.
BIG FUCKING DEAL.
i like it.
SO WHAT.
im not a retard, idiot, or void where no intelligent life can exist around.
I actually enjoy using my Mac Mini, it looks cool, and it does what i want it to do.
i dont have a problem with viruses or any of that shit.
i dont want a bunch of games for it, im happy with the smaller selection.
but im fucking tired of all the crap i put up with.
im getting so annoyed to the point that i havta stab myself with thepen in my pocket so i dont just beat the crap out of that person.
im tired of being called stupid.
and i mean, yes, i like the intelligent arguements, maybe a few jokes here and there, done by intelligent people, but you try and stand there while a fat halo fanboy with an "im with stupid" tshirt laughs at you.
i just wanna punch someone to let off steam, and i am not going to listen to anyone who starts out with "its just a computer".
because that is my entire fucking arguement.
its a computer, it does not make me a retard, a loser, or all of the above. it does not make you any smarter than me.
so im just gonna stop now, before i get any angrier.
too many years of crap.

ABDUR101
Sep 30, 2005, 08:40 PM
Go beat someone up, really. The pills aren't helping.

I'm surprised after so many years, appearently, it still bothers you. It should be trivial by now.

geewj
Sep 30, 2005, 08:46 PM
When people make ignorant insults at me that are based completely on personal prefference, I normally just put as much thought into it as they did in the first place and forgot all about it.

It saves money on pens and band-aids.

Wyndham
Sep 30, 2005, 08:49 PM
On 2005-09-30 18:40, ABDUR101 wrote:
Go beat someone up, really. The pills aren't helping.

I'm surprised after so many years, appearently, it still bothers you. It should be trivial by now.

im the kind of person who ignores things for about 8 or 9 years, and lets it build up inside for a long time until i erupt like a volcano.
and no, to anyone who asks, i dont mean vomitiong, or anything like that.
i get really annoyed when someone insults my intelligence, because my entire life ive tried to study as much as i can, and my memory problems arent helping.

Prof_Frink wrote:
When people make ignorant insults at me that are based completely on personal prefference, I normally just put as much thought into it as they did in the first place and forgot all about it.

i know what youre saying, and i dont try to let it bother, but it does, okay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Oran1324 on 2005-09-30 19:02 ]</font>

navci
Sep 30, 2005, 08:57 PM
On 2005-09-30 18:46, Prof_Frink wrote:

Let me rephrase.
If someone bitch at you cuz you use a mac, it is like bitching at you for you having wear socks. So obviously they are assholes. Why do you let assholes bother you? See them for what they are. They poop. What do you do to poop? You flush them.

End of story.

Mystil
Oct 1, 2005, 01:00 PM
Macs are the best PCs for Graphic Design. Windows based PCs aren't that great nor are the be all and end of all. A lot will also tell you Linux > Windows. Your rant though is ironic considering I ran into a lot of elitist Mac users looking down on Win users.

Dek
Oct 1, 2005, 01:03 PM
http://www.apple.com/macosx/techspecs/
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/

The next time they bitch at you Oran, use the info from those two links and say "I bet Windows doesn't have that!"

End of story

Mystil
Oct 1, 2005, 01:08 PM
I would toss my Dell computer for a Mac G5 if I had the money.

Wyndham
Oct 1, 2005, 01:10 PM
thanks for listening to my stupid rant.
i dont know what really to say no. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif
sorry.

Dangerous55
Oct 1, 2005, 03:04 PM
Dude, it's a fucking computer.

astuarlen
Oct 1, 2005, 03:33 PM
On 2005-10-01 11:00, Silhouette wrote:
Your rant though is ironic considering I ran into a lot of elitist Mac users looking down on Win users.

I was going to say something along these lines. Personally, I have no use for Macs as a gamer, artist, designer, etc, but it's ridiculous to rip on someone for his or her preference. Some people just can't get over the fact that neither Macs nor PCs are definitively better than the other. Insulting someone based on personal taste in any area, be it computers, entertainment, or anything else, is downright juvenile. Just ignore the little punks.

Now, if you were being dissed for using a Dell... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Kidding, kidding... or am I?

Dek
Oct 1, 2005, 03:53 PM
On 2005-10-01 13:04, Dangerous55 wrote:

That maybe the case. However, there are many Windows users that glorify it because of the wide selection of software, as well as the wide selection of hardware as well...

Quite ironic, though, that those who say Apple computers dont have any good games are the same ones who play World of Warcraft, Doom 3, and Halo...

hmmm...

Wyndham
Oct 1, 2005, 03:57 PM
On 2005-10-01 13:53, Arthas_Zero wrote:

That maybe the case. However, there are many Windows users that glorify it because of the wide selection of software, as well as the wide selection of hardware as well...

Quite ironic, though, that those who say Apple computers dont have any good games are the same ones who play World of Warcraft, Doom 3, and Halo...

hmmm...

the stupid thing about that is Halo is on the mac.

Mystil
Oct 1, 2005, 04:00 PM
On 2005-10-01 13:33, astuarlen wrote:

On 2005-10-01 11:00, Silhouette wrote:
Your rant though is ironic considering I ran into a lot of elitist Mac users looking down on Win users.

I was going to say something along these lines. Personally, I have no use for Macs as a gamer, artist, designer, etc, but it's ridiculous to rip on someone for his or her preference. Some people just can't get over the fact that neither Macs nor PCs are definitively better than the other. Insulting someone based on personal taste in any area, be it computers, entertainment, or anything else, is downright juvenile. Just ignore the little punks.

Now, if you were being dissed for using a Dell... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Kidding, kidding... or am I?

Nah. I know Dell sucks. They are only good for long term use in that they last practically forever, but can't really hold the cool specs like the others.

Solstis
Oct 1, 2005, 09:15 PM
On 2005-10-01 13:53, Arthas_Zero wrote:

hmmm...

Those are big name games. A good number of the small ones are written for the biggest market: Windows. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've used both, though not recently, but old Macs REALLY sucked. So did early Windows. I think that they are nice, depending on whatever you want. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Oh yeah, people suck, blah blah blah.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-10-01 19:16 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 1, 2005, 11:28 PM
Its not about you, really Oran.

The simple fact is that they care more about the crap they bought than you do about yours.

They spent "this much"(or someone else did for them) and they have to tell the whole world about it. The easiest way to do that is to say something similar sucks.

People might call me rich or spoiled for having purchased my own XBOX, GC and PS2. But holy crap Batman! I never paid more than $180 for any of them.

They launched at $300, $200, and $300 respectively.

If you purchased them all at that price(and it was out of your budget per se), of course you're gonna be feeling upbeat and hardcore, yet at the same time your wallet burns like hell for it.

So, you say something else sucks, I have this, not that. Because I don't have that it sucks.
----

Consumerism is a wonderful, powerful, and scary thing.

Some people have too much money, some too little.

Some people are meticulous about every facet and detail of research on the things they buy, while others buy PSP's and get upset when they find out it doesn't play DVD's. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Buy what you want and discuss them with people who have similar tastes/things.

Its probably more of a maturity thing. With your age group you're not going to ever get much of an answer for why they think it sucks. <---- note all the words there. THEY THINK IT SUCKS~ BECAUSE. but that never happens right, they leave out the reasoning behind their statements?

You use an Apple, that sucks!
-Why?
Because everybody thinks so!
-Who's everybody?

Tell them they suck because they're wearing this color today. Or this clothing, or that. but then you're now on their level right? So don't and don't let what someone you hardly know says about things you own, which they don't care about anyway, get to you. They just wanted to bash something they don't have, to talk about what they do have.

"Sucks" is a word that should be banished from every language, due to the amount of unnecessary use it gets, in every discussion/arguement ever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-10-01 21:32 ]</font>

Split
Oct 2, 2005, 12:41 PM
Macs > PCs

Solstis
Oct 2, 2005, 02:29 PM
On 2005-10-02 10:41, Split wrote:
Macs > PCs

Thanks for being oh-so informative, and helping to support the idea of "elitist" Mac users. If your post could have helped the topic any more, I would have cried.

But, seriously, I've had about 2 "angryish discussions" with my boyfriend over Macs and PCs. I think that we've finally decided that the other has no idea what he's talking about.

Blitzkommando
Oct 2, 2005, 04:44 PM
It's the same concept as "OMG MY XBOX PWNZ J00R GAMECUBE LOLOLOLZ!" Really, it is just a way for someone to be able to reason their purchase and feel better about that they didn't get ripped off because they chose one format over the other. People naturally want to think they have the better end of the deal, and when someone says it isn't so then they get defense and often attack. Thus you have the whole Linux vs. Windows vs. Mac vs. Unix vs. Solaris vs.... You can attribute it to everything that there is more than one choice on, which is everything. Getting angry over something as simple as this, I cannot imagine what will happen when politics, religion, or even favorite sandwhiches come into the picture.

AquaFlare7
Oct 3, 2005, 03:16 PM
pc is only good as it is because of wide support - and that alone. now if the mac empire went out and paid off everyone to use their os we would be in a whole new world of opportunity right now.

in the end it comes down to what you use your system for. mac has trouble playing some of the more popular games as well as windows does, but is much better for multimedia editing and general style (i swear mac looks sexy).

in the end i wouldn't even hold a conversation with someone trying to attack my personal preferences. a good rule of thumb is that if they disagree with your decision in the beginning, they won't get any nearer to agreeing by arguing about it.

i want a macintosh notebook although i build pc towers, yay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AquaFlare7 on 2005-10-03 13:17 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Oct 3, 2005, 08:30 PM
I don't see why so many people have a big issue with this kind of thing. Everyone has different ways of doing things.

Maybe we should argue what kind of orange flavored soda is the best? Or perhaps the classic Coke vs. Pepsi... To me it's all the same. Use what you use if you like it, forget what others have to say. If people really care that much about what other people use then too bad for them.

In all honesty, I don't care how different they are from eachother. People are comfortable with different things, it's like arguing about being a righty or a lefty... It really doesn't matter. If someone is whining about you using a Mac then let them whine, they'll grow up when they're ready.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2005-10-03 18:31 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 3, 2005, 08:47 PM
I suppose it's worth observing that Mac hasn't actually had a significant advantage in the field of multimedia in quite some time. Just about all the multimedia software worth using is released for both MacOS and Windows, and the only real reason Macs had any advantage in the past was due to the use of a processor architecture that did in fact make multimedia editing go somewhat quicker.

The trouble is that Macs just aren't faster for the purpose anymore, and Steve Jobs' decision to start building Macs with Intel processors (http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/46234.html) is a clear indication of this.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against users of the Macintosh. Personally, I like to experiment with multiple operating systems (my second computer currently runs on FreeBSD; last week it was Mandrake Linux... Next week... Who knows?). All things considered, if I thought I had the couple grand to throw on it, I'd go ahead and get a Mac, just to tinker with it. The short of it is though, that Windows is my prefered family of Operating Systems.

Oran, if anyone tells you that you're a smacktard for using a Mac, then tell them they're a smacktard for not using the sort of computer that Douglas Adams wrote his books on.

adamgnome104
Oct 3, 2005, 09:20 PM
I think it's universally excepted that people who insult you for something that is your opinion or you like, are completely stupid.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif