PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Forest

GreenArcher
Oct 2, 2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone know around what ATA do you start to hit most of the time?

I'm a RAmarl, just hit Ultimate level 90. I do find in one person mode, but in Multimode about 50% of the time I cant land a hard attack in the first part of a combo. I was hopeing I wouldn't be missing this much with 258 ATA (Ranger Wall, 30 Hit Final Impact, Mag, Elf/Arm++). So how much higher should I get my ATA? (this is all in Forest BTW)

Blitzkommando
Oct 2, 2005, 10:01 PM
Seeing that I do fine with my HUnewearl in any area of ultimate with a Chains Sawd with no hit at 226 ATA... I suppose if you are using Hard-Hard-Hard combos, or Hard-Special-Special I could see the missing. However, with those stats I really don't understand how you are missing so much. Look at the hunters with much lower ATA and no hit weapons and they do fine with Light-Hard-Hard combos in most places. I would just suggest changing your combo method. Anything over 200 ATA should do fine in Ultimate Forest, regardless of mode.

PJ
Oct 2, 2005, 10:09 PM
With ATA just breaking 200 (With weapon equipped) and hitting fine in online CCA, I don't see how you could be missing nearly as much as you say you are, unless you aren't shooting at the enemy @_@

GreenArcher
Oct 2, 2005, 10:14 PM
Well right now I'm doing side story quests to get up to FoS and I'm barely missing.

I pulled into Heat Sword and a lot of timese its
Hard Attack
Miss
Get hit
Hard Attack
Miss
Get hit
Hard Attack
Miss Get hit
Dead

Well most of the time I pull out and heal but yeah, its only the first shot of a hard-hard-hard I can't seem to land

PJ
Oct 2, 2005, 10:26 PM
Then start with a weak attack, it'll raise the accuracy of the next hits (Assuming you hit the first hit)

Neith
Oct 3, 2005, 01:58 AM
Use a light attack to start off the combo. By doing that, you should hit (especially with that ATA). Using H-H-H isn't very accurate.

Crokar
Oct 3, 2005, 02:04 AM
i tried to do ult forest with ata of like 160 and i could not even hit a weak hit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crokar on 2005-10-03 00:04 ]</font>

Notos
Oct 3, 2005, 10:04 AM
My HUcaseal is pushing 300 ATA and I still miss sometimes with the first hard attack in multi forest.

250 ATA is decent enough to do LHH combo most of the time. But it still feels a bit low in ult. Since you're a RA, you will need even more because you'll be using special attacks more than HU. I can tell you 330 ATA is not enough to hit deldepth in multi seabed with a snow queen. I need to get myself a V501 and test again.

I suggest you go hunt/buy some god/arms. They're extremely easy to get on greennill. And it shouldn't be too expensive to buy one. If you can stand doing hard ep4 at your level, then go get some heavenly/arms. They're the best heavenly stat boost unit.

Oni140
Oct 3, 2005, 04:59 PM
If you are a Ranger heres an idea.

I have a ranger also, and I was immensely struggling in the Forest. But here's a tactic that almost always works.

If you have a Frozen Shooter or another Freezing weapon, USE IT. After you freeze it, if you have an HP draining weapon (I used a Guld Milla) then keep using it until the freeze effect wears off. You can tell because a Freeze usually chimes as the effect takes place. It is usually 4 chimes before they thaw out, so after about 2/3 chimes, freeze it again and continue the process.

Unfortunately that's all I can say. Sorry if it wasn't very useful ^_^"

Effective but tedious and long strategy

Genoa
Oct 3, 2005, 09:35 PM
You shouldn't have much of a problem if you use Standard-Heavy-Heavy... I mean i'm a FOmar and I barely brake 165 ATA currently... so I mean, you should be able to do it depending on the order and sequence of what u attack.

EphekZ
Oct 3, 2005, 10:07 PM
...Use a force its much easier for some odd reason...

EJ
Oct 3, 2005, 10:56 PM
With that much ata on a Ramarl and in Forest you shouldn't be missing that much, maybe you should try to use Zalure also just a thought.

EphekZ
Oct 3, 2005, 11:15 PM
On 2005-10-03 20:56, ForceEJ wrote:
With that much ata on a Ramarl and in Forest you shouldn't be missing that much, maybe you should try to use Zalure also just a thought.

Why would Zalure make him being able to hit more?

unless Zalure also lowers EVP...

Crokar
Oct 3, 2005, 11:35 PM
i have no problems hitting # hard attacks in a row with 206 ata with my ranger so i cant really help.

the ata of 160 was with out using units so having 50 more ata from mag and arms really helps

Neith
Oct 4, 2005, 01:59 AM
On 2005-10-03 21:15, darkgunner wrote:

On 2005-10-03 20:56, ForceEJ wrote:

Why would Zalure make him being able to hit more?

unless Zalure also lowers EVP...

Zalure would lower the monster's defense, so when you did hit, you'd do more damage.

Natron
Oct 4, 2005, 02:55 PM
Even with about 380 ATA as a RaCast, my first hard attack often misses. My advice is L-H-H. It works like a charm and the damage isn't reduced by much. Also, if you time it just right, you can prevent enemies from getting to you by interrupting teir attacks.

Charmander02
Oct 4, 2005, 04:10 PM
Stop whining! im a force and i kick ass with about 140+ ATA. But if you still cant get your attacks to hit then use a whole bunch of God/Arms and a God/Battle. that'll keep you alive.

REJ-
Oct 4, 2005, 08:58 PM
I'm at something like 227 ATA (no weapon) and I just walk into Ultimate Ruins in multiplayer with H-H-H combos, hitting everything most of the time.