PDA

View Full Version : Keyboards

Blitzkommando
Oct 2, 2005, 11:19 PM
I know a great many people here are multi-lingual and are prone to typing in other languages. I myself regularly use the various IMEs to type in Latin character sets, Russian and Japanese. But I also use lots of progams that change what keys do as well. Because of this I purchased a Zboard (www.zboard.com). I find it to be a great alternative to standard keyboards for games. However, for typing, it is no better than a standard 108 key keyboard. So, while searching the vast repository of information known as the internet I found THIS (http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/).

Needless to say, I am rather intrigued by this. The ability to actually be able to look down at the board and see all the keys, for any keyset or program seems like a dream come true. I am still very curious, like many of the reviews I have read, as to the various aspects of the keyboard. Durability, power consumption, lifespan, and to an extent weight and brightness of the keys. But, more importantly, the price is still unknown as there are yet prototypes to base the cost off of (as far as I could find). I'm not real sure what a "good mobile phone" costs, but I am guessing something around $200-300(US). Even at that cost, I may save up simply for the flexability that it offers.

So, what are your thoughts? I know price is the biggest issue here, but with the potential that it presents would you find it worth the cost?

watashiwa
Oct 2, 2005, 11:34 PM
Uh, that keyboard is friggin' awesome. I think I'm going to get one when it comes out. ;(

PhotonDrop
Oct 3, 2005, 12:05 AM
That's so cool.

Finally, I won't have to take a couple minutes remembering controls between all the games I play XD

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 3, 2005, 12:10 AM
I can only agree. I think I'm going to get one of those.

Curiosity
Oct 4, 2005, 03:53 PM
I've seen the keyboard from a link on another site, but the thing still rocks and I'd love to get one. I looked around the site some, but didn't read every little thing in the Press Clipping area, but does are the dimensions on the site somewhere that I just missed? It looks like it'd be just a bit wider than a standard keyboard to accomodate the additional buttons on the left side, but that may actually be a bit too wide for where I'd be having it...

Larian
Oct 9, 2005, 03:05 PM
O_O -=Drool=-