PDA

View Full Version : A question to anyone who has ever worked in food service

CupOfCoffee
Oct 5, 2005, 12:00 AM
What's the strangest thing anyone has ever asked you for? I work at a movie theater, and one time some guy asked if we had veal.

Madzozs
Oct 5, 2005, 01:04 AM
I'm a night tme security guard in a school, and last week I had a kid stop me ask if I could explain Boyle's Law. He was joking around and trying to make it like I was a moron and that was why I had the job. Then when I explained it to him in depth with examples and historical document, he found out I only took that job because I wanted the cash.

Larian
Oct 7, 2005, 04:45 PM
This didn't happen to me...But it did happen to another manager. I manage the Wendy's near the tweeter center, and after one of the Jimmy Buffet concerts a few years ago...One guy asked for a fry the size of his dick! Candi replied..."then will that be extra small! We still joke about it till this day! =P

Guntz348
Oct 9, 2005, 08:31 PM
The best thing I ever saw was 2 people fighting over a piece of pizza at the bar. It happened at the bar I hang out at though, not the one I work at. Although I have covered shifts for them a few times so maybe it counts.

Anywho, these two guys were sitting at the bar and one of them had gone the pizza place next door. Modern Pizza is where he went, quite possibly the best in the world second maybe to Pepe's or Sallys. If you haven't come to New Haven for pizza, its birth place btw, you haven't had real pizza. Ok done with the side track now the one guy went and got himself a pie from Modern. He came back to the bar with the pie sat down with his buddy and started eating. They had been drinking for a while too. Now the other guy was asking his friend for a piece of it and the one bought it refused.

They argued back and forth and finally the guy backed down and went to drinking his beer. Well once his buddy turned around he reached over, grabbed a slice and started to eat it. His friend saw him eating it, got pissed off and just started clocking his friend in the side of the head. He punched his buddy at least five or six times in the side of the head over a piece of pizza. It was the funniest thing to watch really, then the bartender and one of the other guys who works there broke it up and threw those 2 and there frieds out. On the side of the building they started to go at it again untill there friends broke it up and took them home, seperatly. That was one the most rediculous things I've seen.

At the place I work at I've seen the bouncer put a some drunk kid through a glass door, that was pretty funny. Oh and one kid smashed a bottle on the bar and was gonna go attack someone he had a problem with with it. Unfortunatly for him it doesn't quite work like it does in the movies. He ended up slicing his own hand up really bad. He ran into the bathroom and we had to call the paramedics to take him to the hospital, the mens room was a mess, looked like the bathroom from scarface there was so much blood. He ended up with about 34 stiches I think in the end. I could really go on forever I think, working in a bar is great if you like to watch people get drunk and make fools out of themselves. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif