PDA

View Full Version : How many times has your pso data been corrupted?

Eleina
Oct 7, 2005, 08:31 AM
For the first time my data has been corrupted. I was wondering how many people have had to support the loss of their data and what they lost.Also how did it happen(me it was a power cut during the saving process)?
Personally I lost my FOnewearl level 165 With my Summit Moon(I lost a lot more but those where the hardest ones to accept).
What about you?

Ryna
Oct 7, 2005, 08:35 AM
If you would like to read about other people's corruptions, have a look at this thread:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42567&forum=11&165

In general, there are two reasons for corruption:
1. The game freezes while the game is saving.
2. You are using a 3rd party memory card and it goes bad.

In the first case, the double save on online GC PSO is usually the culprit. However, some people have had their power go off just as they were finishing up an offline session.

Sharkyland
Oct 7, 2005, 08:44 AM
Lessee...

- Marina is version 9.
- Skittle is version 2.
- Spearmint is version 2.
- Chloe is version 2.
- Sil'fer is version 2 (just created her from Chibi Sil'fer).

adamgnome104
Oct 7, 2005, 05:21 PM
One time my friend turned off the power WHILE IT WAS SAVING! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

We lost a level 124 FOnewm. (LEVELD UP WITH A DAMN PLANTIAN LEAF!!)

And my friends characters, they weren't too happy about that, and my friend who corrupted us lost HIS character too. XP

Then the latest time I lost a level 120 something HUcast, level 80 Fonewm, and my friends two characters.

Only this time I was seriously pissed becuase it was done by an idiot who can type in Gameshark codes~! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But it happened the day PSO BB was released, and now it's laggy, so I ANGST!!!!1111111oen

Blitzkommando
Oct 7, 2005, 05:34 PM
Twice thus far. It was my RAmarl (168), HUnewearl (116), HUnewearl (40ish), and some other mule character. Luckily, I had started raising up another RAmarl before this happened. And she is now level 195. In a way, it was a good thing. I went from Bluefull to Greennill, which, with a RAmarl, that is great.

Neith
Oct 7, 2005, 05:49 PM
Er.. *counts on hands*

I 'think' Ive been corrupted around.... 6 times, plus once on Episode 3. Main losses were a 134 HUney, 120 HUney, 64 Huney, and a load of low level characters. On EpIII, been playing about 100 hours before I corrupted.

Drayma
Oct 7, 2005, 08:16 PM
I've never been corrupted, its amazing, whereas I went on a trip with PSO+ and gC in a box and my force lost everything that wasn't in the bank when I loaded up my character, everything! no armor, no barrier, no money, and no mag! WTH? I did have a baby mag in the bank, I used to spit on baby mags.

So if anybody sees meseta, green boxes, and blue boxes from PSO along the highway, they are mine!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drayma on 2005-10-07 18:19 ]</font>

chaos89
Oct 7, 2005, 09:04 PM
my data has never gotten corrupted so far.im lucky! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oni140
Oct 7, 2005, 09:19 PM
Lucky.

I lost it once when I was only like Lv. 40 something but this time it's a lot better!! So I was rreaally lucky http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrigg
Oct 7, 2005, 11:07 PM
Thankfully, I have never corrupted.

I hope this does not jinx me however...

AxelgearVII
Oct 8, 2005, 01:48 AM
On 2005-10-07 06:35, Ryna wrote:

Yep. The FSOD monster took yellowboze Axel (153),bluefull Gunstar Blu (40 something), and greenil Kilyn (level 30 something). They were so young. Bounced back stronger than ever though and Axel went on to reach level 200. So its in the past now.

Skorpius
Oct 8, 2005, 02:03 AM
First corruption of mine happened in April of 03, my entire card was reformatted and lost.

My PSO data contained:
120 Yelloboze HUmar
85 Pinkal HUnewearl
55 Viridia FOmarl

I had other games on there, too. A Mem251.

I had to delete my remake of the HUmar at level 127 because the card was registered on a friends Hunter's License.

I deleted the V3 HUmar at 115 because he was too short.

I screwed up and corupted myself February this year:
105 Skyly FOnewearl
150 Bluefull HUnewearl
153 Oran RAmarl
110 Whitill HUcaseal

Hurt me pretty badly there.

Corruption: Twice, I guess.

Hrith
Oct 8, 2005, 03:17 AM
None, GC PSO PAL (and later on, PSO+ for NTSC versions) is patched against "FSODX".

I got several FSOD with the screen saying "now saving", but no corruptions.

kazuma56
Oct 8, 2005, 03:22 AM
On 2005-10-07 21:07, Hrigg wrote:
Thankfully, I have never corrupted.

I hope this does not jinx me however...

Same here.....

Reiz_Fan
Oct 8, 2005, 10:13 AM
11 times.... at its worst i lost a Lv. 165 Hucaseal, 135 FOnewearl, and a 132 HUmar.

Reiz_Fan
Oct 8, 2005, 10:17 AM
If you would like to read about other people's corruptions, have a look at this thread:

In the first case, the double save on online GC PSO is usually the culprit. However, some people have had their power go off just as they were finishing up an offline session.

Why does PSO data get messed up when using a 3rd party memory card but all the other data is fine? lol I think thats a little strange.

trypticon
Oct 8, 2005, 12:16 PM
First corruption

Adam Humar level 32

Second corruption

Adam RAcast level 132

Third corruption

Adam RAcast level 178 or so

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-10-08 10:17 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Oct 8, 2005, 12:23 PM
My data has been corrupted 4 times

2- Power Outage while saving

1-FSOD while saving

1-My own fault when I acadently hit start while saving after being dissconnected during bursting into a game

Blitzkommando
Oct 8, 2005, 03:19 PM
On 2005-10-08 08:17, Reiz_Fan wrote:

Why does PSO data get messed up when using a 3rd party memory card but all the other data is fine? lol I think thats a little strange.

PSO seems to be very picky about file fragmentation. Third party cards seem to have more problems with files becoming fragmented and thus PSO calls the files corrupt. If anything, it is just due to the cheaper parts used in third party cards versus the Nintendo cards.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Oct 8, 2005, 04:08 PM
Just once about 2 days after I got the game, All I lost was a level 10 FOmarl and a level 4 RAcast.

HyperShot-X-
Oct 9, 2005, 11:39 PM
the only corruption ever happend to me was back in dc v.1 pso days yrs ago, i was using 3rd party mem card, and lost Lvl 55-56 humar, it shocked me quite a bit at that time which taught me a lesson to get pso on xbox later, and i never heard any such corruption on psox that i'm aware of, unless xbox breaks physically due to normal use, only fsod'd online few times losing some items equipped, its really sad to hear those GCers losing their countless hrs of work just because of the crappy hardware fault,...tsk tsk

Charmander02
Oct 10, 2005, 10:11 AM
I had two RAcats that died.... one i just got into Ult i was looking to get some good items but it died...the other one was my first char ever on PSO it died too. Now i got me my FOmar my best char yet....and im praying to God that he doesnt die.

I say we have a moment of silence for all our char that have passed on.....

it may sound like im really crying over a real person but you really get attatched to your char...all the good memories and all and especially when you found such good items with it too.