PDA

View Full Version : GC: Server keeps trying to blank my items on connect! help!

plasmacutter
Oct 7, 2005, 10:08 PM
The PSO GC servers are refusing to letmy two oldest characters online. Every time i try to connect i get:

"(No.122)
There is an error in the save file. It was either saved improperly, or the server was accessed using a compromised save file. The following data will be reinitialized :Items/Challenge mode.
PRESS START."

I'm able to play these two chars offline with no trouble, it's driving me nuts.

Things i've tried to no avail:
-play both chars offline, kill some enemies, grab some new items, bank some, hold some, save game offline.

-delete guild card and try connecting again

-even used <unspeakable program here> to restore an older save i made a month ago before this problem started.

Is there something i can do, or should i be complaining to sega or what?

Getintothegame
Oct 8, 2005, 03:10 PM
Are you using a cheat device?

plasmacutter
Oct 8, 2005, 04:32 PM
no, i restored a save after a power loss killed it using a homebrew app. =(

maybe i SHOULD have used a cheating device? cheaters are still apparently able to get online with GC pso.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 8, 2005, 04:45 PM
you do so and you'll be banned.

You're in violation of forum rules and we can ban you just for even suggesting using it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-10-08 14:47 ]</font>

plasmacutter
Oct 8, 2005, 04:55 PM
so let me get this straight.

hackers are still able to get online?

but someone who takes action to protect himself from fosodders, corruptors, and accidental corruption is wrong for taking action to protect characters with years of investment in them?

You're in violation of forum rules and we can ban you just for even suggesting using it.

I was not really suggesting using it, but it's rather embittering to try to protect legit chars and be punished for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-10-08 15:39 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Oct 9, 2005, 12:19 AM
On 2005-10-08 14:55, plasmacutter wrote:

so let me get this straight.

hackers are still able to get online?

but someone who takes action to protect himself from fosodders, corruptors, and accidental corruption is wrong for taking action to protect characters with years of investment in them?

I was not really suggesting using it, but it's rather embittering to try to protect legit chars and be punished for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: plasmacutter on 2005-10-08 15:39 ]</font>

Very few of the "cheaters" online are "hackers". The majority of the cheats can be used online with no problems and unfortunately AR users and proxy users can mess with you (either through FSOD or corruption.) Soda made a nice proxy that helped curtail some of that, but as Jonathan_F stated, discussion of that will get you in trouble.

I'm not sure how to help you fix your save file, although it is strange that the restored file is still having problems getting online (although you do get that error the first time you try to connect after a file restoration, you can connect again after that without further issues.) So if you are getting that error, then restoring again and trying to connect you'll end up in an infinite loop. Try connecting again (without restoring)after it gives you the error. If that doesn't help then I'm out of ideas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

plasmacutter
Oct 9, 2005, 03:23 AM
I'm not sure how to help you fix your save file, although it is strange that the restored file is still having problems getting online (although you do get that error the first time you try to connect after a file restoration, you can connect again after that without further issues.) So if you are getting that error, then restoring again and trying to connect you'll end up in an infinite loop. Try connecting again (without restoring)after it gives you the error. If that doesn't help then I'm out of ideas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

well that happens to me.. it re-initializes my file right? this deletes the items, but it ALSO deletes techs! and any stat boosts from applied materials(about 75 mind mats over 2 years)! @_@.

two huge problems with that:

1 - i have a high level force. with no techs there's no way to play, and i have no spare disks because he's not a pinkal. (on contrast, i can see how this would not be a huge deal for a hunter.. blast the huntocracy!!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

2 - i have no idea weather this re-initialization zeroes the material count allowing me to re-find and re-apply materials. If not then i'll never get those stats back.

VioletSkye
Oct 9, 2005, 12:30 PM
On 2005-10-09 01:23, plasmacutter wrote:
well that happens to me.. it re-initializes my file right? this deletes the items, but it ALSO deletes techs! and any stat boosts from applied materials(about 75 mind mats over 2 years)! @_@.

two huge problems with that:

1 - i have a high level force. with no techs there's no way to play, and i have no spare disks because he's not a pinkal. (on contrast, i can see how this would not be a huge deal for a hunter.. blast the huntocracy!!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

2 - i have no idea weather this re-initialization zeroes the material count allowing me to re-find and re-apply materials. If not then i'll never get those stats back.

1. When it re-initializes, it "think" your char will retain whatever level of techs he/she can currently use so you won't need to hunt them down again. Its been awhile since I tested this so I can't recall exactly. Since I no longer play PSO, I cancelled my HL quite awhile ago, otherwise I could test it for you.

2. This part I'm 100% sure about. It will zero out the material count totally without holding your previous mat count against you. You can then restart your mat diet from scratch and work on getting your stats back to where they were.

If you are worried about the Techs for your FO, Make a new backup of your file, then go online and let it re-initialize. After that, log back online and check out your Tech levels. If they were lost, then you'll have to decide whether or not its worth hunting them down again in order to play online. If the tech levels remain, then you are good to go http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

scmfxt
Oct 10, 2005, 11:10 AM
This info maybe a bit late...

The game has a time stamp on the server and your save. If your save does not match the server time stamp it will ask you to re-initiallize your save. This happen to me once time and I did the same thing you did by restoring my old save file. So you can't really do much about the issue. But you can save your items by tranfering to another character on different card offline and have the game Re-Initiallize it online. You will lose the thing mention above but at least you're not starting from the beginning.

It's been awhile for me coming here. I'm glad to see some old people still hanging around.. hiya all!

Dhylec
Oct 10, 2005, 12:25 PM
scmfxt wrote:
It's been awhile for me coming here. I'm glad to see some old people still hanging around.. hiya all!

Heh, yeah. When did Tomee unban you?
Guess what? Looks like one of your returning posts is about.. hacking & cheating. heh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-10-10 10:26 ]</font>

scmfxt
Oct 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
On 2005-10-10 10:25, Dhylec wrote:

Heh, yeah. When did Tomee unban you?
Guess what? Looks like one of your returning posts is about.. hacking & cheating. heh

Nobody unban me... I have never been banned since I joined PSOW. I stopped playing PSO and haven't been to PSOW for over a year now. About my returning post, I have to give it to ADE to cause an uproar (again) about topic related to cheating. Anyways, I was a bit bored and want to see how thing are going here and leave my comments before I disappear again.

dragoon-girl
Oct 11, 2005, 10:48 AM
On 2005-10-10 09:10, scmfxt wrote:
This info maybe a bit late...

The game has a time stamp on the server and your save. If your save does not match the server time stamp it will ask you to re-initiallize your save. This happen to me once time and I did the same thing you did by restoring my old save file. So you can't really do much about the issue. But you can save your items by tranfering to another character on different card offline and have the game Re-Initiallize it online. You will lose the thing mention above but at least you're not starting from the beginning.

My friend once tried to play using a really cheap memory card.. when she got online it did that, everytime, any idea why?

watashiwa
Oct 11, 2005, 12:02 PM
On 2005-10-11 08:48, dragoon-girl wrote:
My friend once tried to play using a really cheap memory card.. when she got online it did that, everytime, any idea why?

You just answered your own question.