PDA

View Full Version : Just say it...

Aunt_Betty
Oct 8, 2005, 06:36 PM
Why doesn't my dad just say these words?:

Your school doesn't need my attention.

-------------------------

It's pretty obvious. He attends my brother's school (american) football games, and donates money to the school.

When I told my dad that I got into the Improv elective, he only said,

Sounds fun.
...With a very monotone voice.

My dad gets really hyped over what person my brother is going with to homecomming.

I had to force my dad just to go to the open house.

It's pretty obvious that this is happening because of me leaving Catholic education. I wonder what his reaction is when I tel him I don't want to be Catholic anymore.

So dad,

BITCH YOU >(

Skuda
Oct 8, 2005, 07:34 PM
wow. I guess some Catholics are pretty hardcore.

I have a Catholic buddy who is completely ignorant to the fact that other religions could be right.

but yeah, sounds sucky. best of luck

Dek
Oct 8, 2005, 08:53 PM
On 2005-10-08 17:34, Scott_Kuda wrote:
wow. I guess some Catholics are pretty hardcore.
You think that's bad? Try the hardcore Catholics in America... >_>

It's quite obvious that your father wanted the best for you. However, it's quite obvious that he is willing to risk his wellbeing as a father to do so.

At this rate, you should just focus on your education. His ignorance shouldn't be getting in the way of your education, let alone your decision of schools.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-10-08 18:53 ]</font>

opaopajr
Oct 9, 2005, 06:07 AM
he's making a big mistake... but doesn't seem to realize it. can't change him, he'll have to learn at his own pace. but i can guarantee he will regret it. sometimes family doesn't always act like family...

do your thing, get your education, become a success, seek approval and validation from another source. your dad has seem to decided that his fatherly mentoring and encouragement to you has ended -- either that or he's still nursing his hurt atop all that. either way, you're hurting. sometimes you have to take care of yourself first, sad to say. for your emotional health, you might have to divorce yourself from necessitating his approval and attention, unfortunately. but honestly, it's his loss...

rena-ko
Oct 9, 2005, 06:26 AM
its sad but you cant force him.
cant really count on people for anything. so.. just do these things for yourself.

and .. good luck