PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the high rez stuff?

lostinseganet
Oct 9, 2005, 10:49 AM
Every where I look I am seeing all these tinny tiny pictures. Where is the big stuff. Teh 1600x1200 stuff? Man this sucks.. I am starting to think that sonicteam is giving us these great pictures at low rez for a reason.
The pc version can not handle high rez. Maybe the pc port is nothing but a ps2 port. What is high rez for the ps2 is peanuts for the PC. God this would be horrible.

Rion772
Oct 9, 2005, 12:02 PM
On 2005-10-09 08:49, lostinseganet wrote:
Every where I look I am seeing all these tinny tiny pictures. Where is the big stuff. Teh 1600x1200 stuff? Man this sucks.. I am starting to think that sonicteam is giving us these great pictures at low rez for a reason.
The pc version can not handle high rez. Maybe the pc port is nothing but a ps2 port. What is high rez for the ps2 is peanuts for the PC. God this would be horrible.

I don't get it, are you saying that the PS2 can handle the High Rez and the PC can't? or the other way around? - I don't know much about PC's even though i'm on mine A LOT, I don't mess with it and try learning about it although I should.

ecchichuu
Oct 9, 2005, 12:02 PM
http://www.filerushnews.com/gallery/v/screenshots/pc/album76/aam.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

On the contrary, there are official screenshots that are at 2048x1613 resolution. That link is to a few those screens recompressed at jpg.

ecchichuu
Oct 9, 2005, 12:06 PM
Game companies like Sega distribute high res pictures and movies to the gaming press all the time, but the press will resize/recompress the stuff (and slap their watermark on it) to take up less bandwidth.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 03:14 PM
On 2005-10-09 10:02, Rion772 wrote:

On 2005-10-09 08:49, lostinseganet wrote:

I don't get it, are you saying that the PS2 can handle the High Rez and the PC can't? or the other way around? - I don't know much about PC's even though i'm on mine A LOT, I don't mess with it and try learning about it although I should.

He is saying that the PS2 will be the main port of the game, and that the PC port will be a 100% direct port, resolution and all.

That won't be the case. You'll almost definitely be able to change your resolution and graphics quality on the PC version.

therealAERO
Oct 9, 2005, 05:49 PM
I played PSU at e3 on the PC and on the ps2. I played it on the ps2, but than I decided I would take a look at the PC version. To my suprise its so much more crisp!! The resolution is really clean. I hope my PC can handle it cause I don't want to play it on PS2.

Badger-sama
Oct 9, 2005, 06:07 PM
On 2005-10-09 15:49, therealAERO wrote:
I played PSU at e3 on the PC and on the ps2. I played it on the ps2, but than I decided I would take a look at the PC version. [u]To my suprise its so much more crisp[u]!! The resolution is really clean. I hope my PC can handle it cause I don't want to play it on PS2.

Should be common sense. The PC versions always have the capacity to be more crisp due to the ability to soup up one's PC; therefore, they use this as a selling point by making the demo at the trade show run off a top-of-the-line setup and therefore it looks amazing.