PDA

View Full Version : Online Play

Derek0660
Oct 11, 2005, 03:18 PM
Should I not get a broadband adapter because I might get hacked and lose my character data?

Tact
Oct 11, 2005, 03:27 PM
Okay. You will not get hacked if you do not play with hackers, or stay in the same lobby as the hackers. And, they cannot hack you. They FSOD you, which can (and, most of the time, will) kill items, etc.

Fossil
Oct 11, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hacking is the last thing you should be worrying about. People exaggerate this so much it's stupid. I've never honestly heard of someone get hacking. They just have no idea what thye are talking about when an incident takes place and assume a lobby FSOD was because someone "hacked" them. The worst thing that can happen these days is you corrupt from the double save or get a random FSOD in game from bad data being sent.

Derek0660
Oct 11, 2005, 07:41 PM
Alright. This is probably a stupid question, but what is FSOD?
By the way, I am not a noob.
lv72 yamato
god/arm
things of that nature

CyberCheese
Oct 12, 2005, 05:38 AM
Nobody's questioning whether you're a N00b/Newb or not- you've never been online before, so it's understandable.

FSOD is the Freezing Screen of Death. The name speaks for itself- if this happens, you've lost everything. It's not very common, but it's very nasty. Not being online myself (hoping to change that soon) I don't know the exact circumstances it happens under, but I do know a few people have been lucky enough to have been fast enough to yank out the memory card and save their data before it corrupts it.

Derek0660
Oct 12, 2005, 03:15 PM
so what exactly do you do on an fsod?
how can you save if you don't have the memory card in?
If I lose all my data, I will probably stop playing.

ps: about the noob thing, I see it around alot and never knew what it meant, and usually this is what noobs see/think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-10-12 13:17 ]</font>

Tact
Oct 12, 2005, 04:32 PM
On 2005-10-12 13:15, Derek0660 wrote:
so what exactly do you do on an fsod?
how can you save if you don't have the memory card in?
If I lose all my data, I will probably stop playing.

Beating Bad Screens (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3&35)