PDA

View Full Version : Pure Legit

RellikTakahashi
Sep 2, 2002, 12:11 PM
It's so hard being a pure legit ( one who accepts nothing from anyone just gets what they need themself). Why did they mess up the rare items? Its so hard to find any. And I'm not refering to section ID. I tried many different ones. Its so hard to find them. Will they fix this on GC's Ep 1 and 2?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 2, 2002, 01:36 PM
They don't call them RARE for nothing.
You are not expected to find anything really rare. You just have to have dumb luck to find rares. The more hours you put in, the greater your chances to find a rare item.

PSO is such a cheater's paradise and it is sad that it is that way. Hopefully after the release of GC PSO Ep. 1&2, everyone will be equal for at least a month or two (be w/out cheating).

Shadow_Blade
Sep 2, 2002, 03:43 PM
I think somewhere i herd something about sonic team fixing the rare item issue for the gc version but i prob her wrong...like i always do...

Spy
Sep 2, 2002, 06:01 PM
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. Rares are, or were with the DC ver., most easily found offline, at specific beat times.

omega3059
Sep 2, 2002, 08:57 PM
The "rares" in v1 and v2 are now easier to find in episode I & II because, well, there are new rares, that are more powerful, so those are now the true rares...

BaronLaw
Sep 2, 2002, 10:34 PM
On 2002-09-02 10:11, RellikTakahashi wrote:
It's so hard being a pure legit ( one who accepts nothing from anyone just gets what they need themself). Why did they mess up the rare items? Its so hard to find any. And I'm not refering to section ID. I tried many different ones. Its so hard to find them. Will they fix this on GC's Ep 1 and 2?

Why did who mess up rare items ?

The only people who altered the rare system were cheaters who engaged in item creation. If the rare system were " fixed " such that no items were difficult to find, then there would be no rare system at all.

Rare: 1. not frequently encountered; scarce; unusual.

The above definition was taken from Webster's New World Dictionary. As can be readily understood, a rare item is supposed to be difficult to find.

BaronLaw

l337_h4xOr
Sep 2, 2002, 11:12 PM
there is nothing fun about spending close to 500 hours busting open boxes to find one twin brand in a giant pile of Varistias....
If Sonic Team does not make Rare drops more frequent I will be purchasing a cheat device.

Parn
Sep 3, 2002, 01:36 AM
If it's not fun, why would you go out and put even more money into this game?

HUR HUR HUR.

Neogame2
Sep 3, 2002, 03:13 AM
In my opinion, the DC version is coming to an end the servers will be closed soon so why not get what you need before it happens? if u want legit only trade or accept legit stuff if u dont mind unlegit u can do both. Whats the point discussing this now?

SS_Death
Sep 3, 2002, 03:23 AM
I am still playing the DC version for one. I have been legit all the way from the begining. The only things I have accepted are from my best friend who is also 100% legit. I also gave him some stuff.

The thing I don't like is that in Ultimate mode you get lots of practically useless v1 weapons and armour and almost never a v2 weapon and never a v2 armour. Whats the point of having them if you can't ever get them?! I just hope in Eps. 1 & 2 Sonic Team set it so that the new rares are like Ultimate Frames and stuff in v1. Rare, but not so rare you can go for hundreds upon hundreds of hours without finding even one!

Kent
Sep 3, 2002, 03:54 AM
Maybe they should make an armor unit for the new versions to make finding rare items 1% easier...

Rares in PSO are indeed rare. Just like Stones of Jordan in Diablo 2. Very few people have actually found those, the rest are duped ones.

Neogame2
Sep 3, 2002, 05:12 AM
I believe that once you get to Ultimate you stop finding ver 1 items, weps etc and start on the ver 2.

RedFox
Sep 3, 2002, 05:57 AM
v1 rares are still "findable" in Ultimate mode but its a shame that there useless... all i ever wanted was a stag cutlery ant when i found one i could have almost cried... it rarely even hit and when it did hit it done little over 50 damage... sniff

Daikarin
Sep 3, 2002, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I think that legit (which I like to call honest players) are almost extinct. But I'd like to see it with my own eyes, maybe even today or tomorrow.

D4mn3d l337 h4x0rz...

Drayma
Sep 3, 2002, 08:35 AM
RSOD makes it hard to stay legit. I'm lvl 133 with a level 40 mag, I really miss my Sita.

Malkavian
Sep 3, 2002, 10:21 AM
At lv 173 I have fpund more rares than I needed, when you have some amount of good items the game starts to be boring because there's no need of more stuff.

I think the rare system is ok, but people wants to have ALL!! absoletuy ALL items in the game in few hours.
Over 50 special items are obtained in quests, and challenge mode.
And some others are easy to find.
if lavis blade wasn't that hard to find, people will think is a common shyte like varista.

Darrin
Sep 3, 2002, 10:54 AM
It would take me forever to find some rares. Once I found a Photon Claw on Normal mode

Castoth
Sep 3, 2002, 11:17 AM
To topic creator: Did you happen to have a character on PSO called Rellik Dog?

As for the topic itself, I think the system should be tweaked more to how the original PSO was done. There were still many hard-to-find rares but the other rares dropped at enough of a rate to compel you to continue playing. It should be brought back to how that system was instead of making 70% of the weapons super rare and virtually all of the armor uber rare as well.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 4, 2002, 07:14 PM
On 2002-09-03 06:35, Drayma wrote:
RSOD makes it hard to stay legit. I'm lvl 133 with a level 40 mag, I really miss my Sita.

Stay away from code/cheat device users then. Stick with your friends to chat around in lobbies. If someone you don't know comes near you(enters the lobby) just leave then message your friends to do so. Its not that hard to avoid cheating, even if you are outgoing and must talk to everyone(I don't know anyone like that on PSO O_o ).

RSOD/other codes have never made me not want to be legit, even when losing good items to it. You just have to make sure to store your unequipped good stuff in the bank before you leave a (is it locked?)team.

If your bank is full then re-organize and eliminate the useless or carry lesser items on your person that are easily replaced. Such as Dimates or other recovery items if you are saving them in the bank, or Scape Dolls which are easily replacable on ULT.

RellikTakahashi
Sep 8, 2002, 08:48 PM
I believe that all V1 rares in ultimate should have been totally gone in Ruins. I mean there all USELESS in v2. whats the point of using them? to give to a v1? heh most v1 players are hackers themselves. which brings me to my next point. WHY do people cheat in Challenge? If your gonna cheat just cheat the weapon, why would you spend your time going through all that if your just gonna hack your way through? Sounds rather pointless. Oh I noticed something while playing v2 online. I switched my Language to Japanese ( I speak some) and noticed in quest the last one is Sunset at Secret Base, the japanese only quest. Apparently not if its on my US verion. heh

l337_h4xOr
Sep 8, 2002, 09:15 PM
On 2002-09-02 23:36, Parn wrote:
If it's not fun, why would you go out and put even more money into this game?

HUR HUR HUR.

Because I don't play the game to find rares toughguy! Once ver2 came out all I did was play challange mode.

HUR HUR HUR.

Parn
Sep 8, 2002, 10:09 PM
Oh, in other words, you place blame on Sonic Team for something you inflicted upon yourself.

Well that's genius.

Cube
Sep 8, 2002, 10:16 PM
Because I don't play the game to find rares toughguy! Once ver2 came out all I did was play challange mode.

HUR HUR HUR.

If you dont play the game to find rares, why bother using a cheat device to ge them since all you did was play Cmode?

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Sep 9, 2002, 01:20 AM
Personally while I acknowlegde that Rare findign should in fact be difficult. Making it as difficult and frustrating as ST did will only result in cheaters. I believe ST should make it about 40% easier to find rares.

Every so often perhaps once or twice within a two week span should some one be able to find a Rare(some where in that Ratio where Rare finding is still an experience but not a frustrating one).

One reason PSO ver.2 got boring fast is becuase fromt he get go people were cheating creating items and whatnot. Before I knew it I had an arsenal of rares which made Ult Mode much easier. I remember how fun ULT mdoe was with my shitty Lavis Cannon struggling to kill the monsters. I remember how great I flet when I finally found a Red Saber and Handgun.

TeamPhalanx
Sep 9, 2002, 11:13 AM
On 2002-09-08 23:20, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
One reason PSO ver.2 got boring fast is becuase fromt he get go people were cheating creating items and whatnot. Before I knew it I had an arsenal of rares which made Ult Mode much easier. I remember how fun ULT mdoe was with my shitty Lavis Cannon struggling to kill the monsters. I remember how great I flet when I finally found a Red Saber and Handgun.

Yeah... I'm sure you know what it means to struggle and play legit with a Lavis Cannon... Oh wait, out of all the v1 weapons, didn't the Cannon give you the biggest ATP boost?

Malkavian
Sep 9, 2002, 12:06 PM
On 2002-09-09 09:13, TeamPhalanx wrote:

Yeah... I'm sure you know what it means to struggle and play legit with a Lavis Cannon... Oh wait, out of all the v1 weapons, didn't the Cannon give you the biggest ATP boost?

Well either orotiagito and delsaber's buster gave more atp. The thing here is that lavis cannon was a haked weapon!!!

Z-man
Sep 9, 2002, 12:17 PM
I agree that rare finding was a tad too difficult in the DC games, but I still managed to find a decent number of rares including a Spread Needle, three Inferno Bazookas (one tekked up to 60% dark!), a Magical Piece with great percents (50% native, 45% hit), and several god/ battles. I also went for all of the famitsu weapons, the adsl quest weapons and the frying pan.

I do hope that it's a bit easier to find stuff in Ep 1&2. Either that or more quest-specific rares.

DROID8
Sep 9, 2002, 12:46 PM
I like the idea of an armor unit wich makes it more likely of finding rare's.

Sonic Team are you reading this!

Let's hope they listen.

TeamPhalanx
Sep 9, 2002, 01:31 PM
I've never really cared about rares as long as the non-rare items are good. I mean, come on. In V1, a FLOWEN'S with good % was way better than a CHAIN SAWD with 0%. When you get down to it, most of the rare weapons in V1 were useless, since almost all of 'em had a better, more effective, easy to find counterpart.

V2 was annoying because only the rare items were effective. It was even more annoying for yours truly since I couldn't find the Imperial Pick (REDRIA) which is the bread-&-butter weapon for HUnters.

It wouldn't bother me if the odds of finding rares were lowered. What would bother me is if they pulled the V2 stunt where you find no useful common weapons.

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 01:45 PM
On 2002-09-08 20:09, Parn wrote:
Oh, in other words, you place blame on Sonic Team for something you inflicted upon yourself.

Well that's genius.

Hmm... Let's see here... I said Spending hundreds of hours to find a single rare is not fun. You then asked me why I would spend money on a game that I tought was no fun. Then I informed you that while the rare system sucks balls IMO, I enjoyed Challange mode. Then you accuse me of Blaming Sonic Team for inflicting something on myself? That makes no sence if you follow this conversation. I enjoyed the hell out of C-Mode and modded anything I wanted, thus sonic team inflicted nothing on me, nor did I. I played the game I wanted to and enjoyed it.

If you dont play the game to find rares, why bother using a cheat device to ge them since all you did was play Cmode? For the times I would play with my friends that were not into challange. Plus most of the stuff I modded I gave to my friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1337_h4xOr on 2002-09-09 11:49 ]</font>

gunome
Sep 9, 2002, 01:48 PM
i thik they should have made the rares way easrier to find, but you would need one with good % to get thru the game.

Cube
Sep 9, 2002, 01:52 PM
Ah... so you did just hack them for YOUR FRIENDS... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*cough* bull shit *cough*

l337_h4xOr
Sep 9, 2002, 01:57 PM
On 2002-09-09 11:52, Cube wrote:
Ah... so you did just hack them for YOUR FRIENDS... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*cough* bull shit *cough*

Please tell me where I said that? Seriously, I don't see where I said "I just hack them for my friends". I do see where I said I gave most of the stuff to them, seeing as though I had no use for most of it. For the most part I just used an Imperial Pick 40% Dark that I found and my S-Rank partisan. But I also kept S-beat Red's and Lavis Blades around as well. Also all may armor was hacked. MY RA and FO used Hacked weapons as well, but it didn't make a difference because the damage they inflicted was a total joke.

Parn
Sep 9, 2002, 08:34 PM
Ignoring all the fluff talk from your two responses, all I have to say is this: your purchasing a Gameshark or another cheating device is analogous to someone purchasing digital items on Ebay for an online game. After all, what's the difference really? You're willing to spend extra cash for the sake of a few items in a game.

And you had the nerve to be snobby towards Snapple for buying a UPS for her GameCube and other equipment. Pfff.

Edit: Just noticed he's banned. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks in a third time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-09-09 18:37 ]</font>

RellikTakahashi
Sep 10, 2002, 10:35 AM
Why did they put Sunset at Secret Base in US Verison of PSOv2, if you can't see it without being on the Japanese setting? Shouldn't they just kept it for all?

TeamPhalanx
Sep 10, 2002, 11:01 AM
Huh? Last I checked never they bothered to release sunset for the US version.

merlin
Sep 11, 2002, 04:15 PM
Well...in my very lengthy experience in PSO:

Started out legit like anyone else who was only able to play OFFline. I played Merlin 'til level 50 before he even went ONline.

Once I got ONline I noticed all of the hacked "candy" that everyone was using. I run a game store in real life and did some beta Q/A and made alot of friends online because of it. They naturally gave me "candy" for free. So I used it like most everyone else did.

THEN I noticed that it was "wrecking" the fun of the game. My RAcast used to kill Ulti Falz in two or three hits.

I then created a HUcast and started playing solo only, whether off or online, with NO items transferred to him at all. And what do you know? The game became GREAT again....just like that!!!

This time around I'll more than likely play it straight up legit. I know that FOR ME it's way more fun. Especially now that you consider that the characters are more balanced out in the Cube game. Playing a Force won't be so much of a chore in the earlier levels.

Defend
Sep 11, 2002, 05:33 PM
At least until cheating starts on Ep2, all the morons can see how amazingly great the game is for a little while. Before they ruin it.

The rare system was munted though. Or should I say, the weapons system. The way common items were better than rare things, and the way quests pretty much killed off every novelty rare... pretty stupid way to implement 'novelty' in my opinion.

RellikTakahashi
Sep 14, 2002, 08:43 AM
Nice and legit for awhile till.... they find away to cheat on it then it'll die off like DC's verisons. Hackers... people who can't beat it any other way. tsk tsk