PDA

View Full Version : Stick with BB or move on?

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 12:13 PM
I have reached an impass. I am getting tired of PSO. However, I am still very much in a Phantasy Star mood. So, I can do one of two things before PSU: Stick with it and suffer through to level 200, or play Phantasy Stars I-IV through back to back.

What do you suggest I do?

roygbiv
Oct 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
The Sadist in me says "Lvl 200 or bust"
The Pragmatist in me says "If you wanted pain you could just cut yourself"
Solution: Do something other than PSO.

digigram
Oct 12, 2005, 12:28 PM
quit BB and listen to squarepusher

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-10-12 10:28, digigram wrote:

I have one of their CDs on my computer. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

roygbiv
Oct 12, 2005, 12:33 PM

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I agree wholeheartedly.

Also one cd is probably not enough.

Solstis
Oct 12, 2005, 12:40 PM
Square-who?

Play some of the old Phantasy Stars.

I'll warn you that they're a crappa-load hard. PSII makes me want to break my Gameboy (I bought the collection) into little pieces. It's still fun though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-10-12 10:41 ]</font>

Saiffy
Oct 12, 2005, 12:45 PM
If a game bores you, why play it? o_O

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 12:45 PM
On 2005-10-12 10:40, Solstis wrote:
Square-who?

I'll warn you that they're a crappa-load hard. PSII makes me want to break my Gameboy (I bought the collection) into little pieces. It's still fun though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-10-12 10:41 ]</font>

I've played them all before, so I know how hard they are http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 12:47 PM
On 2005-10-12 10:45, Saiffy wrote:
If a game bores you, why play it? o_O

Because I need something to occupy my spare time, lest I decide to venture out and walk the streets at night, causing mischief. o_o;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Badger-sama on 2005-10-12 10:48 ]</font>

Solstis
Oct 12, 2005, 12:57 PM
On 2005-10-12 10:45, Badger-sama wrote:

Square-who?

I've played them all before, so I know how hard they are http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I realized that after I posted. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

rena-ko
Oct 12, 2005, 01:19 PM
you have too much freetime?
well, learn japanese so you can import PSU rightaway when it gets released this in december or so.

Wyndham
Oct 12, 2005, 02:26 PM
i suggest you find a talent, and milk it for all it's worth.
i make origami, and it pays okay.
i work in my spare time, and its pretty hard, but 300$ on one job of 700 pieces was worth it. and about 200 took me thirty seconds or less.

that way, if you do so, you can afford to throw money around and find other good videogames. >_>
there IS life after PSO.

Badger-sama
Oct 12, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-10-12 12:26, Oran1324 wrote:
i suggest you find a talent, and milk it for all it's worth.
i make origami, and it pays okay.
i work in my spare time, and its pretty hard, but 300$ on one job of 700 pieces was worth it. and about 200 took me thirty seconds or less.

that way, if you do so, you can afford to throw money around and find other good videogames. >_>
there IS life after PSO.

I can make origami, but you must have some major skills and perfection to make money off it :/

Larian
Oct 14, 2005, 09:23 PM

PSII makes me want to break my Gameboy (I bought the collection) into little pieces. It's still fun though.

Preach on brother!!!

PS III Sucked major butt in my opinion...and PS IV kicks so much butt it's not even funny!!! PS IV is the second game that saved my life!!! Shining Force was the first BTW. =D

PhantomAlpha
Oct 14, 2005, 10:34 PM
On 2005-10-12 10:33, roygbiv wrote:

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I agree wholeheartedly.

Also one cd is probably not enough.

I'm gonna fuck you with my red hot car.

Yeah, go play something else or the old games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhantomAlpha on 2005-10-14 20:35 ]</font>

Skorpius
Oct 14, 2005, 11:03 PM
Ever try playing one of the vast array of other video games currently on the market?

Blitzkommando
Oct 14, 2005, 11:27 PM
I have kind of lost interest in Blue Burst as well. Been playing GC 'online' *cough*... Yeah, no more about that here though so...

I've actually been playing tons of FPS games lately. And it has been a blast.

I downloaded the demo version of FEAR and I have to say it is like playing Silent Hill or Resident Evil in first person. Very, very good stuff. Awesome graphics.

I also bought Far Cry. For less than $20 it is a pretty darn good game. It will kill most computers, as will FEAR, but if you can run it I feel it is worth the $20.

Of course, I have been playing a lot of Half-Life 2 and various mods for it. I am anxiously awaiting the Lost Coast so as I can play with HDR. Got my graphics card upgraded and ready for the ultimate settings on it. It's gonna look amazing methinks.

Other games I have been playing have been a little bit of Doom 3, which looks freaking awesome in Ultra quality, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Next week comes Age of Empires III and FEAR. If you like strategy games I suggest you check it out. Even the demo is extremely addictive. I cannot imagine how awesome the full version is gonna be. The same goes for FEAR. Just keep in mind, Age of Empires III demo is about 500MB installed and FEAR is a little over 1GB (just for the demo!).

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 15, 2005, 12:34 AM
Square-who?

You think just playing through it is tough? My brother-in-law leveled every character to level 50 before the first major boss.

Phantasy Star II is said to have the toughest dungeons of the series, and possibly some of the toughest dungeons in the history of RPGs. If you play Phantasy Star II, be prepared to do a great deal of levelling.

Badger, I encourage you to play through the original series. Phantasy Star has a rich history laid out through those games. I do reccomend that you play Phantasy Star III, first, for the reason that it contains both the best and worst of everything in the series, and playing the far more balanced other games in the series will spoil the experience for you. The trend in Phantasy Star Phandom seems to be that you probably won't like Phantasy Star III much unless you play it very early on.

Beware of wiggling ears on giant, disembodied faces.

digigram
Oct 15, 2005, 02:59 PM
badger/roygbiv (nice boards ref),

If you get the chance, get chaos A.D. (old jenkinson stuff with crap recordings and hilarious pokes at the rave scene) and Squarepusher Selection sixteen.

Or you know, put arovane on repeat.