PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Help

boyd
Oct 12, 2005, 05:23 PM
Okay, so, I've not seen anything about making a great Mag for a RAcast that doesn't involve the stage of the one that casts shifta and deban. I play with other people offline until we get net for online game play. I don't know which one to get or how to make it or what to start doing to make it. I have extra mags and don't know what I need to start making my best mag.

This is also counting the best photon blasts that are powerful and how to achieve each stage of evolution. I couldn't do anything and have searched and this site always comes up first and I still don't see anything like this. I know that it's mostly build to what I need to max out or build on my strengths and/or weakensses. I have a guide to make perfect stats and what my Mag needs to be to achieve maximum stats, but I don't know how to achieve this with the best results.

I'm sorry this is so long, but I don't know where to start and I'd like to do this right the 4th time. I've got a Kaitbha (spelling?) right now, but I don't need the shifta and deban photon blast.

Thank you for any help or criticism.

s0kar
Oct 13, 2005, 03:08 AM
I always thought that if a mag had the shifta/deband pb then it would be auto cast at boss fights.

I have heard that a nidra is a good ranger mag, i've seen a guide for one.

boyd
Oct 13, 2005, 12:43 PM
I don't mind if the Mag casts it automatically when I enter a boss fight, but I don't want Shifta and Deban for a Photon blast, but I want don't want to alter something that doesn't need to be. If I can't do it, that's cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boyd on 2005-10-13 12:36 ]</font>

DezoPenguin
Oct 13, 2005, 03:28 PM
Mags don't use their S/D Photon Blast ("Mylla & Youlla," to give it its proper name) at the start of boss fights. Certain mags do have a chance of triggering Shifta and Deband at the start of boss fights, but that's something completely different, and lower level.

Now, with regard to the Photon Blasts on your mag, all the guides say to include M&Y as a PB for a RAcast mag because this assumes that sometimes you'll be playing solo (whether offline or online) and won't have anyone to cast S/D on you. Since this produces a substantial increase in your ATP, letting you kill stuff faster, it's recommended.

If you wanted, you could take the time and trouble to plot out a Mag evolution that avoided Mylla and Youlla by following the Mag evolution guides such as this one (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1241). However, frankly, it's really not worth it. If you ever play solo, you'll want Mylla and Youlla (even in a group, someone has to do M&Y for 4-way Photon Blasts, and why not you?), and if you don't play solo you probably don't want to be firing off damage PBs willy-nilly and stealing other people's EXP anyway.

boyd
Oct 13, 2005, 03:59 PM
Okay. I'm going to recreate a mag anyway. I have 4 right now that haven't been touched. I'm not trying to impress by the way, I'm a noob still. I found something on here that lead to a link that tells you how to feed your mag to get a certain outcome. It was neat. I will probably keep that Milla & Youla. My only other thing with that is that I play alone when my 2 friends don't play, and we play offline. It didn't seem worth it though, but I didn't know that Shifta and Deban did that much on PSO, I know it was really good to have in PS II and PS IV, but since this one is completely different, I figured that it wasn't as valuable.