PDA

View Full Version : The Mile

Derek0660
Oct 14, 2005, 10:29 PM
How fast can you run the mile?
My time is just under 7 minutes.

Hrigg
Oct 14, 2005, 10:47 PM
Suprisingly, I did it in a decent 8:32. Not too bad for someone who doesn't get much exercise. ;o

RicoRoyal
Oct 14, 2005, 11:09 PM
I chose 6:00-6:59 because that used to be something reasonable for me years ago when I was actually in shape. 6:18 is my fastest time ever.

Sadly, the last time I ran a mile was a year and a half ago (at which point in time I had already gone half a year without running AT ALL). My time was a vomit-inducing 7:10, and yes, I did mean that LITERALLY. Spewing my lunch all over my old Middle School's track was not a big plus for my self-esteem.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif x infinity

Funny you would make this topic now. I plan on giving the ole' mile a shot sometime in the coming week, seeing as how I started doing all the other physical exercise that I was used to more than two years ago.

Blitzkommando
Oct 14, 2005, 11:19 PM
Wow, I haven't run a mile in... a very long time now. Freshman year of high school I think was the last time. I don't recall exactly my time but I know I was within the top five of the class, of about 50 students. I want to say it was 6:14, but I am not certain so I shan't vote.

whiteninja
Oct 14, 2005, 11:56 PM
You people... 1 mile... try doing cross country running. We do atleast 4 or 5 miles a day. It's insane! At the end of Freshman H.S. year (this past Spring) I had begun to run on my own on medium distances (2 mile-ish), and I got a 7:11 on the one mile then. Now, I'm a Sophomore and after being on my school's cross country team for about 2.5 months, I ran a 5:58.

I also ran 3.1 miles (5 kilometers) in 21:50, which paces at about 7:02.

Qrrrbrbirbel
Oct 15, 2005, 12:06 AM
My time was about 7:09, but only because my P.E. teacher pissed me off and said after i made up an absence for running "No, you couldn't have possibly run that fast"

I showed her the pwnage.

Fyrin
Oct 15, 2005, 12:36 AM
The fastest time I have ran the mile is about 4 minutes 23 seconds. Unfortunately I did not break my school record 4 minutes 15 seconds.