PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love those dental visits.

Sayara
Oct 14, 2005, 10:49 PM
Round 1 of my fun time excitement with the dentist. If you forgot why i mention the dentist, please refer to this link: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=103995&forum=11&11

for it refers to WHAT exactly will be done these next sessions or so.

This gets alittle hairy, so if you don't like the talk of blood or shit like that, I'd suggest you click back now.
---
My dental work in a nutshell.

Start at 9:40, i am nummed with red jelly (ohm jelly at that), it taste like strawberry and made me very giggly. My chair is dropped to about flat angle, and a pillow was applied to my head. My eyes naturally close, about 3 shots on each tooth was applied. We got 6 teeth worked on today. EIGHTEEN SHOTS.

She was alittle off when doing the jellying, cuz one shot hit my nerve and i was screaming horror D:! She flinched, something about my dentist is she hates seeing ehr patient in pain. Which is kinda sweet, >>

Moving on; Scaling is done to 6 teeth, in case you're unsure of what that is, it is Deep Rooted drilling through the gum line (removing the things brush/floss just can't). ANother spot was uneffected by the shots/gum and caused me to twitch. These pains are quite stinging, very quick drills at burning heat (+water) makes my mouth feel very uncomfortable. I was drooling bloody spit for a while :3

After say 60 minutes of that, and some x-rays, in comes some major emergency problem. Some sort of issue is in my tooth, and my gum (near my previous surgery [removal of the lip flap that connects the mouth to the gum]) was growing back over it. BIG NONO. So she had to slice the gum across that tooth, exposing my nerves.

After some bleeding later, the filling began, my gums were bleeding too critically for me to get the real deal so im stuck with fakey's til my other half of my is done. That'll be next week. In the mean time, im popping drugs, and avoiding chips, soda, candy, cake anything SWEET COLD OR HOT. (or all 3 for that matter) because if any of it hits my nerve, im in fucking pain zone. :|

Well after the surgery and shit, got the usual "brush harder, massage the gum, TOUCH THE NERVE WITH THE BRUSH/PASTE/RINCEWASH, blah blah". And take medcine :| Im running outta excedrin, that stinks. Oh yeah. I was swell up from the numing too. From 9 til about 6 pm i was fat faced, it felt that way, but only my lip turned purple and tucked in. I couldnt talk, and it was NOT COOL meeting a marine lady wanting to talk to me. I drool alot too. :|

THe pain of my nerve lasted all night, in spurts. However today not too bad. I was able to eat, and had more rice and lentils. Im gonna try Apple pieces/watermelon tomorrow or something. See how it rolls.

Oh yes, doing this procedure was like 99 something for each tooth. 289 for the real deal fill.

MORAL OF THIS STORY?
KEEP YER FUCKING TEETH IN ORDER. ITS MORE FUN THEN A ROOT CANAL!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tingle on 2005-10-14 20:56 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Oct 14, 2005, 11:04 PM
Way back when I was getting some dental work for my teeth I had a somewhat similar story. My molars had too deep of crevices naturally so I had to have fillings even though there were no cavities. So, at this time I had an extreme phobia of needles of any kind. Luckily the doctor knew how to deal with this, and was able to trick me to close my eyes and I never realized I had taken shots due to the topical anisthetic.

Everything goes fine. The fillings go as planned and I feel nothing... Until, the swelling starts. Apparently, he hit a nerve in BOTH of my cheeks during the injections. This caused my cheeks to puff out like a chipmunk for about a week. It never was really painful, just horribly annoying and terrible looking. Oh, well, it did get painful whenever I bit into my cheeks so I guess there was some pain...

Hey, just keep sticking with it and I am sure you will be happy with the results. Just don't eat any salty stuff... That stuff about salt on open wounds is pretty darn accurate.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 15, 2005, 03:47 AM
On 2005-10-14 21:04, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

Hey, just keep sticking with it and I am sure you will be happy with the results. Just don't eat any salty stuff... That stuff about salt on open wounds is pretty darn accurate.

Eh, I had to gargle salt water about 4 times a day after my wisdom teeth were pulled.

I can't stand that chair.

The vacuum never works fast enough, or isn't in the right place and I end up swallowing a lot of that fluid/flouride/blood/etc. that sits there and is supposed to be drained by the vacuum tube.

Pain was unbearable after the wisdow teeth were pulled for a few days. And that vicadin they prescribed made things worse. It hardly helped the pain and made me sick as hell.

They were going to charge me $240 for 4 cavities as well. I put that off for a while and didn't go ahead with it. At least until I get better insurance. :/

Nerve endings? Sliced open, tissue coverup? Sounds mighty painful Tingle. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sharkyland
Oct 15, 2005, 03:54 AM
I probably have huge cavities now...

when both of my wisdom tooth were pulled out, they used like a tranquilizer shot of novicane, when the first one was removed, I took the medicine which I can't remember and bit really hard when it was still numb (I basically overextended the muscles because they were so stressed out from the clenching that the pain wasn't much) but I had that feeling that when you clench too long it just feels icky.

Now the last two of my wisdom teeth are below the gum, so I need oral surgery to get that out, and that is probably going to suck ass, but if I don't get it treated soon and it fuses to my jawbone, then SERIOUS complications might arise.

Sayara
Oct 27, 2005, 04:16 PM
Update.

all 4 corners are now scaled. My lower half is my weakest spot, WATER made me flinch. >> Did the same routine, only with 10 shots. I was unnummed in 2 hours. Not good cuz she wasnt done by that time. However i grinned and bared it because it seemed like the thing to do.

I go back AGAIN the 10th of November to either fix some more things in the lower sides or refine my upper right (since they got fake fixings)

I can't wait til 5:30 til i can drug up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

DLShAdOw
Oct 27, 2005, 05:49 PM
On 2005-10-05 11:04, Stan wrote:
My mom became 48 today, and she has braces! So age doesn't really matter. You'll just have them a year or two and then http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

thats what stan said in the last thread, and i'm sorry to be a negative nancy, but i've had mine for 3 years and i know a friend who's had them for 6, but they're really not that bad just the minor sores.

wow that is all one sentence

Sayara
Oct 27, 2005, 11:11 PM
Sorry, once more. Turns out, my gum was critically damaged, and i've been bleeding blood (the dark red kind/veins blood) all day. Its kinda... well NASTY, and its making me feel weak, since i couldnt eat either.

Heres to a better tomorow!!