PDA

View Full Version : pure legit? bah!!!

gunome
Sep 3, 2002, 12:21 PM
maybe this should be a rant, but whythe fuck would ne one want to play this game that way? not taking ne thing, using only wot u find... this was brought on by RelikTakahashi's post about not finding rares, and the countless "pures" ive met. this game was designed as a mutiplayer game with the aspect of trading very much involved. the speech thingy in the game even has trading, etc. Q's that can be translated!! youre not gonna find a million rares, so u would trade the ones useless to you for to someone it wood help out. maybe its jus Americans being unable to grasp the TEAM concept... This would be especially true if ur playing with no knowlege of the ID's etc cuz would woo dpossibly be finding a bunch of force weps, techs etc, if ur a 'bot, but i would all werk out cuz youd know forces to trade with, everyone helping eachother out to solve the mysterious disappearance of Pioneer 1. i believe this was the intention of Naka and his team, other wise u might as well jus play ofline cuz you get the same gaming experience. oh well, this is how i will be approaching the GC ver,i hope you all do the same.... together...

BlackRose
Sep 3, 2002, 01:06 PM
On 2002-09-03 10:21, gunome wrote:

Q's that can be translated!!

Sometimes I wish PSOW had translation software... -_-

But I agree with you, partially... Trading items and such is just part of the game, it's why it's online. But, with hacked items so common, there's no way to know if the item you're trading for was found or hacked. For some reason, people don't want hacked items, even if they don't have photon efficiencies. "Die-hard" or "Stupid" ...you decide...

ginko990
Sep 3, 2002, 01:39 PM
I look at it liek this. Im going to just play the game, someone offers me a weapon(obviously hacked) I may, may not take it depending on my mood and whether Ive been lookin for that wep.

Im just gunna play the game.

gunome
Sep 3, 2002, 03:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif well i used to try and play v2 legit, my main goal at first was to find rares, but theni figured out thatthe rares were really rare so i took hacks all the time. but having every wep possible got jus boring, there was no more challenge to the game, even iv lvling cause no one makes wep that arent 60%.... so i started getting rid of my hacks when i found rares of my own and the enjoyment came rushing back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but ialso got online way to late bout 3 months after v2 came out. i jus cant w8 to start fresh with GC..

KodiaX987
Sep 3, 2002, 03:54 PM
I tried to play as legit as possible. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It's not too hard, you just need to survive your own frustration and learn the tips and tricks to finding rares.

One good method I use is a total area cleanup. Grab your cheapest and most powerful weapon and wipe out everything in the Forest area. Monsters, boxes, explore and blow up everything. Then do the same with Mines. Then Caves or Ruins. I did about 6 of these and came out with a few fake Agitos and some double sabers.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 4, 2002, 08:19 PM
There should have been a translator on PSO with more choices of questions and less of the same meaning phrases: "I'm leaving./I have to leave now./Goodbye./See you later./Take it easy./etc."

Boxes in Ultimate rarely hold anything good unless its in Mines or Ruins, but still very rare to find a v2 wep/item. Its the number of monsters killed that really determines your chances ata rare weapon or item.

FinalMasterM
Sep 5, 2002, 08:04 AM
Acctually, it's pure luck. Nothing in the game determines weither or not you get a rare.

gunome
Sep 5, 2002, 08:53 AM
except psoallstars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SS_Death
Sep 5, 2002, 09:39 AM
If you call exchanging items with a friend not legit then fine I'm not legit.

I got no hacked stuff and use only items myself or my friend found.

What it get me?

Some decent red handguns (4), 2 decent Imperial Picks (friend got in Ruins as he is an Oran) 2 red sabers (Friend again) and a Yasminkov 2000h...

No really good v2 rares or any v2 armour. The point? I'm lvl131 and since 118 I have been able to beat the Ult Ruins. Can't be bothered to even try DF because I've seen the ending at beaten him oline at 118 with my friend.

Sonic Team did it wrong. The price it seems for not using hacks is you get no decent weapons or armour unless you live in Japan or can read Japanese.

Lets pray that for Eps I & II they do it right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SS_Death on 2002-09-05 07:41 ]</font>

Sojo
Sep 7, 2002, 05:37 PM
My sister found a Mag Power Cell with its name in gold, what the helld othose do and how do you work them?

Guile
Sep 10, 2002, 11:58 PM
I really never cared if my stuff was fake or not (but i never liked that really hacked stuff like +99 when goes up to like +13 and 180% on everything...)

but I say play how you wanna play and don't hate the player, hate the game

CorneliusPower
Oct 25, 2002, 05:48 PM
When i had my dreamcast, i actually purchased a DC Exploder. The reason i got one was because of some hacker in a game turned my lvl 129 FOmarl into a lvl 155 HUcaseal, totally uncool. I worked so hard! Hours and hours committed to my Force only to be hacked by some fucking hacker who thinks turning ppl's characters into total shit is cool. I used my Xploder for the sole purpose of getting my character back at 129 instantly with the touch of a few codes, not only that i had to recreate armors, mats, techs, and even legit items that I have found. since recreating my character I have to admit i got out of hand with the weapon, armor, tech lvl 15's, mat and mag hacking. I did it for fun and it turned out i ruined the game for myself and others by giving away free rares in every room i entered, ppl be in mid-battle and i yell out, "Free rares in town!" It was amazing to see how fast ppl telepipe to town when they hear that. Well I'm gonna be purchasing PSO:Episode 1&2 and will not be hacking. Fresh start from the beginning. I consider this heaven scent from SONIC TEAM. Im gonna be "pure". I may accept a few things here and there, and am gonna trade, oooo ahhh, trade, but no hacking for me. It's amazing what a hacker can do, changing the unhacker into a hacker, lame! Im clean now, aaaaaa!

Meteor
Oct 25, 2002, 05:54 PM
Wow Cornelius, you really are good at digging up old threads! ^_^