PDA

View Full Version : pso.donut.dhs.org

PJ
Oct 18, 2005, 08:03 AM
I was trying to access this this morning, but I couldn't get to it(It kept loading on the first screen).

Does anyone know if it went down or something? Or maybe I just couldn't get to it right now for some other... random reason.

Neith
Oct 18, 2005, 12:13 PM
I can't get on either, I'm guessing it's down for now.

Hope it's up soon, got a load of weapon snaps >_>

Ryna
Oct 18, 2005, 03:15 PM
If you have a broadband Internet connection, you could always try using PSO Proxy.

VioletSkye
Oct 18, 2005, 03:41 PM
Even without a broadband connection, you could use PSO Proxy. Have a friend run PSO Proxy on their machine (dialup or broadband will work as long as the IP is not a 192 address handed out by a router.) Enter their pc's IP address in the PROXY field for your PSO Netowrk settings and use the default port of 8080. The snapshots will show up on your friends pc in the snapshot folder (located in the PSO Proxy directory) and they can email the pics back to you.

whiteninja
Oct 18, 2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I just found out I have the same problem with the pso.donut.dhs.org thing...

So, if I were to run PSOProxy on another computer, I could send my images there? Because I have a computer that still uses dial-up (my personal one), whereas the one my GC (the family one) is next to uses my DSL modem (but I have no router, that's why I didn't use PSOProxy)... meaning, I could run PSOProxy on my computer, and send the images there? Would my dial-up computer need to be on the internet at the time?

VioletSkye
Oct 18, 2005, 07:53 PM
On 2005-10-18 17:08, whiteninja wrote:
Yeah, I just found out I have the same problem with the pso.donut.dhs.org thing...

So, if I were to run PSOProxy on another computer, I could send my images there? Because I have a computer that still uses dial-up (my personal one), whereas the one my GC (the family one) is next to uses my DSL modem (but I have no router, that's why I didn't use PSOProxy)... meaning, I could run PSOProxy on my computer, and send the images there? Would my dial-up computer need to be on the internet at the time?

Yeah, you can run PSO Proxy on the dialup computer and enter in its IP address in the Proxy setting for PSO (using port 8080.) Then do like you would normally do with the donut site and instead of connecting to that site, it will connect to your dialup PC and convert your snapshot for you. The converted snapshot (in .png format) will be in the PSO Proxy/Snapshot folder. You would need to have the dialup pc online while you do it.

whiteninja
Oct 22, 2005, 11:47 PM
Old post from October 18, 2005:
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for that info... I shall try that... though, it may take a long time to do with the dial-up and all.

I am still not able to access pso.donut.dhs.org on either my computer or GC...
--------------------------------------------------

New post for right now:

Just so you all know. pso.donut.dhs.org is working again. I just used it. It doesn't say on the site why it went down though... but it doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's back up! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Oct 23, 2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the update whiteninja http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Finally, I can upload/take new snaps, took me long enough. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

whiteninja
Oct 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
No problem with that update.... but I got another one you might not be pleased with... it's down again...

This sucks... I had just gotten a DF Field off a Bulclaw using my Fomar, Link (I had wanted one for so long, but I found it accidentally, I was estatic), and I had taken some snapshots of him with that, a Blue Merge, white Sato, and Elysion... he actually looked kind of like Link...

Then I went to upload the snapshots, and it just kept loading and loading... then I tried Sega's site on my Cube and it worked fine, then I tried pso.donut.dhs.org on my computer and also got a "Cannot find server" error...

So, now I suppose I'll need to figure out how to do the PSOProxy thing still... (I couldn't get it to work before.)

Ryna
Oct 24, 2005, 09:09 AM
If you are having trouble with PSO Proxy, just create a new topic and post your problem.

whiteninja
Oct 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
I'm going to wait until I get a router before I try it again.

Now pso.donut.dhs.org is up again... it seems to be on fritz recently... well now there's no point keeping track of it. If it works it works, if not wait until it does again.

Now... I've got to upload some picutres... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Oct 24, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, it's back up, hasn't sent my snapshots yet though >_>

whiteninja
Oct 24, 2005, 06:14 PM
Same here... I've waited quite a while too... and I triple checked to make sure I had the right email... I did... and they weren't thrown into my Junk E-Mail folder either... hmmm...

PJ
Oct 24, 2005, 09:41 PM
I thought it was just a problem with me, sent myself the same shots twice >_>