PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU think of apartments?

PhruitBaskit
Oct 18, 2005, 12:33 PM
I was just wondering what people thought of the "rooms" your characters get in PSU. I like the idea and I can't wait to see what they'll be like.

DarK-SuN
Oct 18, 2005, 01:27 PM
I love the idea, will make everything a lot more "personal" (for me at least) and will always be good for roleplayers since characters will finally have an actual home.

Rion772
Oct 18, 2005, 02:58 PM
I like the idea. I agree it makes everything more personal. I hope I can customize things like room color, pictures that are on the wall, etc...

Dre_o
Oct 18, 2005, 03:29 PM
It adds a whole nother level of customization to the game, I just hope you can put weapons on walls and make emblems out of them and stuff.

(Or mount STUFFED RAPPY HEADS!!!!)
(Wow, what an incredibly moronic joke)

FrozenFlame41
Oct 18, 2005, 05:52 PM
Its pretty much like FFXI's Mog House.

If an invite feature is added, I'd love it like crazy. Let a friend or two come inside, so you can just voice chat between them.

Also I want it more customizable and more worthwhile then FFXI's mog houses. Other then that I like the idea

OdinTyler
Oct 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
Im definitely looking foward to trying these rooms/apts out. I think we're all in full agreement here on the site that "My Room"...ROCKS! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sharkyland
Oct 18, 2005, 07:27 PM
I am reminded of 'SIMS'

ANIMEniac
Oct 18, 2005, 07:55 PM
I can't wait! the only thing that could make it suck is if you dint pay bills you got your power, water, gas, etc. cut off. then you'd be on Meseta wellfare. then want to blame the hunters guild for not having health insurance and french benifits. lol never mind if thay had that i would laugh so hard

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 18, 2005, 09:16 PM
I hope you can upgrade to a house somewhere down the road

_Tek_
Oct 18, 2005, 10:30 PM
CUSTOMIZATION TO THE MAX!

Plus they're a better enviroment to pretend to cyber, lol.

Parn
Oct 19, 2005, 12:55 AM
On 2005-10-18 15:52, FrozenFlame41 wrote:
If an invite feature is added, I'd love it like crazy.

It is indeed, present. It's confirmed (albeit in Japanese) on the official site.

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 08:27 AM
On 2005-10-18 17:55, ANIMEniac wrote:
I can't wait! the only thing that could make it suck is if you dint pay bills you got your power, water, gas, etc. cut off. then you'd be on Meseta wellfare. then want to blame the hunters guild for not having health insurance and french benifits. lol never mind if thay had that i would laugh so hard

I doubt highly it would be THAT realistic. Would be funny tho sad. French benefits? Is that when a maid comes in to give you some action? LOL I think you mean FRINGE benefits tho a fringe benefit would be a French maid coming in to your place. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 19, 2005, 09:02 PM
Managing bills won't be part of owning a room. If you do have to pay bills...I think that would suck a fatty.

Anyways, all I want in the rooms is customization, and the ability to hang guns, swords, and enemies on the walls. Can you say trophy room?

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 09:22 PM
Well, there will be customizations like wallpaper/floors. This much we know. As for other decorations, that would be fun. Hadnt thought of trophies but it could be interesting. As is, you can turn enemy body parts into weapons. Those themselves are trophies. If I had a choice of 3 possible heads Id mount (if I were to do so): hildebear, delsaber, or 1 of the Darkfalzes. Gruesome, but, a definite conversation piece.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 19, 2005, 09:35 PM
On 2005-10-19 19:22, OdinTyler wrote:
Well, there will be customizations like wallpaper/floors. This much we know. As for other decorations, that would be fun. Hadnt thought of trophies but it could be interesting. As is, you can turn enemy body parts into weapons. Those themselves are trophies. If I had a choice of 3 possible heads Id mount (if I were to do so): hildebear, delsaber, or 1 of the Darkfalzes. Gruesome, but, a definite conversation piece.

About the "You can turn enemy body parts into weapons. Those themselves are trophies." Very true, my Baranz launcher couldn't have possibly kicked more ass. Now if only I can put my Baranz Launcher up on the wall...

But yeah, enemy weapons definately count as trophies. Also, what about full body mounts? (a fullsize Barble in your living room)

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 09:40 PM
On 2005-10-19 19:35, PhruitBaskit wrote:

About the "You can turn enemy body parts into weapons. Those themselves are trophies." Very true, my Baranz launcher couldn't have possibly kicked more ass. Now if only I can put my Baranz Launcher up on the wall...

But yeah, enemy weapons definately count as trophies. Also, what about full body mounts? (a fullsize Barble in your living room)

A fullsize barble!? LMAO That would be funny. I dont have a Baranz Launcher. Id like to have one, two if possible but...grrrr, they annoy me! Id like to give them a taste of their own medicine. I just hope one day to own one. One of the cooler guns I found rather recently was a Ruby Bullet. Wasnt it originally a cannon type? Personally, its a pretty rockin' handgun if you ask me. Would be cool for my RAmarl but shes so kickass she doesnt need it. Handed it to my RAmar to play with. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Anyway, back on topic. Maybe we get boxes to store certain types of gear. One for clothes, one for weps, etc. We could create our own customized weapon case. Make it like The Transporter or RE4 or something! LOL

PhruitBaskit
Oct 19, 2005, 09:58 PM
On 2005-10-19 19:40, OdinTyler wrote:

On 2005-10-19 19:35, PhruitBaskit wrote:

A fullsize barble!? LMAO That would be funny. I dont have a Baranz Launcher. Id like to have one, two if possible but...grrrr, they annoy me! Id like to give them a taste of their own medicine. I just hope one day to own one. One of the cooler guns I found rather recently was a Ruby Bullet. Wasnt it originally a cannon type? Personally, its a pretty rockin' handgun if you ask me. Would be cool for my RAmarl but shes so kickass she doesnt need it. Handed it to my RAmar to play with. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Anyway, back on topic. Maybe we get boxes to store certain types of gear. One for clothes, one for weps, etc. We could create our own customized weapon case. Make it like The Transporter or RE4 or something! LOL

Boxes would be sweet...You could run into battle with a bazooka and a briefcase full of supplies. lol I'd still like weapons hanging on the wall or in a gun cabinet, or maybe even a safe. Or something like the rotating rifle, handgun, and mech gun behind the guy in the weapon store in PSO. That'd be sweet.

-If you play on GC, I have some Baranz Parts that you could have.

OdinTyler
Oct 19, 2005, 10:31 PM
I do play on GC but right now, offline only. I wasnt online for a long time & went to try recently & apparently, no more HL. Right now Im saving to get 99 photon drops then I hope to apply for another HL. If you could hold it for me, that would be great, ty. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ANIMEniac
Oct 19, 2005, 11:58 PM
i think ill mug lobby 5 for one of its fishtanks, 4 for the fountains, 7(or was it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif for the globe thingy... and that little purple meseta thing in the Hunters Guild on EP1, yea that 2

Rubesahl
Oct 20, 2005, 12:39 PM
They're awesome. I'm glad they added it even if PSU isn't really a MMORPG http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Maybe ST will keep surprising us with PSU? I hope so http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 20, 2005, 06:20 PM
I just hope we have an item vault/bank that has more than 200 measly slots. I ran out of room after awhile. Also I maxed my money out for a few characters. I also hope you can customize everything on your walls in your room and put enemy heads on the wall, prized weapons, etc...

Also I really want to be able to carry around more than 30 god damn items, that's not nearly enough ST!

DarK-SuN
Oct 20, 2005, 10:34 PM
30 is more than enough, it's called strategic item carrying.
Why the hell would you need to carry over 30 items anyway? Unless you pick up everything monsters drop, even useless crap which you no longer need (nor worth any sort of money) at higher levels, 30 is more than enough to carry everything you could ever need, even if you carry 3 or 4 weapons with you (considering PSU's diferent weapon strategy here) as well as an armor, shield, healing items (which only take up one inventory slot if they're all the same) and whatever else that you may pick up along the way. o_O

200 in the bank (or whatever PSU uses, most likely some kind of storage in the appartment) should also be enough, if you need more (which you really shouldn't, unless you store lots of useless things in the bank) then just create a bank character and use a friend to transfer some items over.
200 was already an upgrade in PSOv2, because in PSOv1 your bank was a LOT smaller (100 items only if I'm not mistaken, or was it 50... something like that...), so I wouldn't complain too much.

The money maxing out was probably a little oversight on their part, I do hope that value is increased to avoid that problem in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-10-20 20:36 ]</font>

Dre_o
Oct 20, 2005, 10:49 PM
The money maxing out was probably a little oversight on their part, I do hope that value is increased to avoid that problem in PSU.

Off topic (I'm sorry) but,

I fully agree, unfortunetly the only ways they could do that is to greatly increase the cost of items, decrease the sell value of weapons and/or the amount of money dropped by enemies. As long as money has value in PSU, I'll be happy.

End of off topic.

Rion772
Oct 21, 2005, 05:00 AM
YEAH?! except for the fact that I don't carry JUNK and put it in my bank. In my bank there is rare weapons, rare armor, grinders, some scape dolls, photon drops, addslots, and 2 amplifiers. That and I know PLENTY of people who have ran out of space in their bank and all their items went over to another character and put in the same things that I do (only rares, grinders, and a few others). Don't you tell me that 200 is enough, because my bank has had meseta maxed the same time as my items have been maxed and I don't carry junk.

30 slots in the ineventory is enough, I would prefer more though, and NO I don't pick up every crappy item monsters drop. I pick up armor only because where I get it (the ruins in ultimate) armor is usually worth around 5,000 a piece. I've been playing for 2 years now and I have well over 600hours in this game so don't tell me that 200 slots in the bank isn't enough. I'm sure someones going to say "i've played longer, i don't need that much space!"...all I have to say to that pre-statement is "I am a lot luckier than you then" because I tend to get way more good items then you that are worth saving if you've played longer and havn't maxed that bank you yet. The point is players who have played longer (veteran players for example) usually end up running out of space if they don't give their items to another character. You seriously can't expect to have over 200 items in 1 bank without making transfers to other characters and play for a long time, people run out of space all the time, I can garuntee atleast 10 members of PSOW have ran out of space in their bank. I know 3 people right away.

Also, i'm sorry this whole post may have come off with a snobby type of feeling as you read it, it's just my opinion that these people are obviously wrong.

This post wasn't well put together because I have a time limit, I have to leave...

OdinTyler
Oct 21, 2005, 10:48 AM
I can understand where Rion is coming from about not having enough room. I think he said he only played offline so that therein lies the problem. When youre used to playing alone, you can suddenly run out of space REAL quick. Hopefully soon, I can get another HL & get back on. Til then Im having to move alot of items (& cash) over to other chars & its not easy. For that purpose alone, Im glad I made alot of chars, if anything, to act as banks. My concern now is it will go back to how PSO USED to be, where you needed a friend to help transfer items to your other chars, rather than being able to do it for self, with multiple controllers.
Ive played quite a few online games & I can say: 30 items on a char is NOT enough space. Youd have to be REAL picky to not run out of room considering you might be playing an hr or 2 or more. That or consider whether youre running straight through or piping back up to P2. Its been an experience of mine that when youre finding good items on a run, you dont pipe back up for risk that items yet to find may be reset. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
200 items in bank is alot if you think about it but even I run out. Yes, I can be a packrat at times but Ive played games with far less bank space & Idk how I pulled off organization that way.
If there was a way to BETTER organize our equipment such as carrying bags (whether you see them or not, with separate compartments), boxes in apts (as I suggested) & the like. Space within space would definitely be more effective. It should also be customizable as ppl would organize per their needs.

DarK-SuN
Oct 21, 2005, 01:05 PM
Rion, you play for 2 years, I play ever since PSO was first released in Japan (PSOv1 for the DC), making it 5 years, with thousands of hours of total playtime accross all the PSO versions I ever bought (PSOv1JP, PSOv1EU, PSOv2JP, PSOPC, PSOX, PSOGC, PSOEp3, PSOBB JP and PSOBB US), not just hundreds.

And yes, I have maxed my bank many times, but then I just distribute my rares all over my characters and presto, problem solved (since I do have two memcards for GC).

200 for me is more than enough (the 50 you had in PSOv1 weren't by the way, you forgot I mentioned that), even more so in PSOGC since you can transfer stuff around.
If you notice, I DID say that the money was a problem, yet you still mentioned the money there as a reason to have little space; read what I said better.

30 is enough for the simple reason you can just open a damn telepipe, go up, sell the stuff you want to sell once you're full and then return to continue killing monsters (which is what I do at low levels when money is a needed thing, since you have maxed money buying telepipes shouldn't be a problem for you).

While playing offline only may be limiting like it was said, if you have PSOGC (or PSOX for that matter) it isn't, since you can trade things around, between at least 8 characters in PSOGC (if you have two memory cards), making for a total of 1600 bank slots, or just 800 if you only have one card.

And YES, the money continues being a problem, since it's VERY easy to maximise it; don't use the money as a problem again, I already agreed with you about it the first time.

In PSU that might not even be a problem since we don't even know how storage will be handled, maybe we'll have unlimited storage (online) or more than 200 storage slots (offline), we don't know.
The fact is, if you intend on creating your own character, then you'll automaticly have to play online, thus you'll have people to help you with the lack of space by transfering things around; but yes, you'll be even more limited in offline mode since you only have Ethan and no one else, unlike in PSOGC/X.

Half off-topic, half in-topic (since I mention PSU), so let's just end it by saying, 200 storage slots are good (more than the 50 you had in PSOv1) but more would be greatly appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarK-SuN on 2005-10-21 11:08 ]</font>

PhruitBaskit
Oct 21, 2005, 09:10 PM
To me, carrying 30 items is a good number. It makes you need to plan out what you're taking with (like DarK-SuN said, it adds more of a nedd for strategy).

The 200 item limit for storage however, for me, fell way short. I have 200 items and I wish I could store more in the bank (but I can't so whta's the point in bitching about it?) I think 400 would suit me better and NO I do not just store all the little P.O.S. items I find. I store the stuff that I can use and stuff that I like. For all the noobs, I'm sure 200 is enough, but I've been playing for 2 years and I don't think 200 is enough. It probably is and I'm just being a wee bit of a pack-rat, but...

Also, this is highly unlikely, but maybe ST will add something to PSU that makes the amount of items your bank can handle increas as time goes on. Just another stupid idea of mine...
Anyways, this is way off-topic! This thread's about apartments not storage!

::look at Dre_o's signature, and then look at Rion772's last two posts LOL::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-10-21 19:16 ]</font>

Sakrei
Oct 28, 2005, 04:59 AM
Apartments sound like a great idea, and were actually on my PSO2 wish list. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif That makes it 4/5 wishes come true now...

Customisations for the wall and floor would be great, add a personal touch. I think trophies are a good idea as well, it would be cool if you could mount mementos of the highlights in your hunting career.

I was looking at the "My Room" section on the PSU site just now, and I noticed some glowing blue square pads on the floor of one of the rooms. They look like pedestals to me. Maybe that's a trophy room? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 05:17 AM
Hmm that was technically not a double post. I accidently hit back to add more too late and it already got posted without me realizing it...sooo yeeeah...I wonder if our storage space will be IN our apartment? eh? eh? (now were back on topic even with the storage space thing haha)

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 11:58 AM
Yes, we were talking about the different facets of My Home. Stay on topic (this means you, Rion http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ).

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 12:16 PM
I was just looking at those pics of the apartments, and I don't think there's room on the walls for me to hang my weapons and trophies. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif There's a lot of stuff on them already.

Oh well, the rooms will stil rock!

FantasyJoy
Oct 28, 2005, 01:18 PM
I've heard a lot about deposit boxes. Some people say you can deposit your items at your PM, others say they're will be deposit boxes in the city. But I think those deposit boxes are just our own appartement. If that's the case, I hope we can access our appartement very easy. Maybe Dressing Room is free now and it's just a closet in your appartement. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 02:36 PM
Perhaps there will be deposit boxes throughout the city for everyone and 1 in you're room too. I just want a customizable room...(color, bed, wall ornaments, etc...)

FantasyJoy
Oct 28, 2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, you're right. That would be the best. I hope you can access the same deposit box with all your characters. Transferring items from one character to another was really a pain in PSOBB.

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 03:10 PM
I just hope I can customize my room really bad, if I can't i'll ignore my room for quite a long time probably.

Sir_Laguna
Oct 28, 2005, 03:23 PM
Here's an excerpt from EGM's PSU article that was published in their May 2005 issue:

Ethan's space-station bachelor pad starts out with some truly minimalist decor, but you'll be able to furnish and decorate your room to match your personal tastes a la Animal Crossing. You'll even be able to produce and sell unique items to other players in the online portion of PSU.

It sounds like you'll be able to change more than just the color scheme of your room, so I think we can safely say that we'll have actual items to decorate our rooms with. In fact, maybe the PMs' ability to "produce unique items" will play a role in the acquisition of these items?

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 03:34 PM
On 2005-10-28 13:23, Sir_Laguna wrote:
Here's an excerpt from EGM's PSU article that was published in their May 2005 issue:

Ethan's space-station bachelor pad starts out with some truly minimalist decor, but you'll be able to furnish and decorate your room to match your personal tastes a la Animal Crossing. You'll even be able to produce and sell unique items to other players in the online portion of PSU.

It sounds like you'll be able to change more than just the color scheme of your room, so I think we can safely say that we'll have actual items to decorate our rooms with. In fact, maybe the PMs' ability to "produce unique items" will play a role in the acquisition of these items?

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! and I played Animal Crossing and payed my house off a few times too so just for your non-Animal Crossers what this means is we will be able to customize A LOT of things like, items sitting around in you're room, wallpaper, flooring, different beds, and tons of unique items. It is better than we all thought =D !!!!!.

Sakrei
Oct 28, 2005, 03:58 PM
Interesting, Sir_Laguna.

I wonder what sort of unique items the PM can produce, and if ST plan to create an Auction House of sorts for players to sell their wares through? That would be cool and free players from having to stand in lobbies all day trying to sell their stuff. Just put your wares in Auction, set the price, then go kill some monsters.

You know, I thought of a neat idea. What if you could buy/earn EXTRA clothes from shops/special events, store them in your apartment and could change into them whenever you wanted? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It would be clothes you couldn't get from the Character Select screen like Xmas hats, yukata for Spring Festival, or Rappy hats...

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 04:04 PM
On 2005-10-28 13:01, FantasyJoy wrote:
I hope you can access the same deposit box with all your characters.

That would be much better than having to transfer items between chars. Now that's something I want to see in PSU...

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 04:30 PM
On 2005-10-28 14:04, PhruitBaskit wrote:

On 2005-10-28 13:01, FantasyJoy wrote:
I hope you can access the same deposit box with all your characters.

That would be much better than having to transfer items between chars. Now that's something I want to see in PSU...

I agree 1,000%...I really hated wanting to play but but then I remember my mag is with my low level characters so I have to spend the time to get it back and it was an annoyance.

Also I hope we can move things around the room wherever we went certain items but I hope it isn't to time-consuming (the process) and hope it's like animal crossing's.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 04:41 PM
I really want to be able to arrange the furnishings in your apartment. That would be cool. And as far as other parts of your room go (wall paper, floors, bed sheets) I would love to have a lot of options for that stuff too.

And are apartments just going to be sigle rooms, or will they be bigger, like actual apartments?

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 05:17 PM
I wonder if you can allow people to come into you're room and check it out???

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 06:21 PM
Its gotta be better than Animal Crossing. I used to play that like nuts & just customizing your place was ultra time consuming. Drove me insane. However, in addition to all the items you could find, you could create your own patterns for things like your umbrella. Given that game is from years ago, Im sure we can expect even more from My Room. If body parts become wall customizations, I can just see auctions now:

Hildebear head - only 1000 meseta!!!

WHAT? 1000? WHAT A DEAL!!! START THE BIDDING! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 06:35 PM
Hmmm...1,000 meseta for a Hildebear head! That's quite a deal, but I'm not sure if I'll have enough room in my room with all the other trophy mounts! LOL

But yeah, I would love to see mounts and weapons as options to hang on the wall. Kind of like in the VR Temle (anyone know what I'm talking about). I'll have weapons every where in my place. And a few mounts too...but only of rare monsters http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 06:40 PM
The figure just came to my head. I figure it would go for more than that. Yes, I know about VR Temple. I also realized something by carefully reading in game msgs. Elly tells you who designed the Temple. She doesnt say the name but you know from the description that its Rico. I mean...who else would put up a statue of him there & is a scientist...oh, & is a she? (Im guessing the evil scientists didnt associate with too many females. Paranoid, perhaps?)
Anyway, if theres room for weapons, trophies, etc, Im going for it. If theres a way to get it, Ill save a spot for the last boss's head. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 07:23 PM
I don't think that the last bosses head will even fit in your room. You've seen the dragons, not even their heads would fit in your room. The bigger the better though, right?

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 07:40 PM
Well then Ill rent a hall or club to display his head! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Maybe 1 of his eyes with meh axe embedded in it? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 09:08 PM
And you called me a 'sick bastid' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Now that makes me wonder if you'll be able to rent extra space if you need it. More room for more trophies!

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 09:09 PM
Hey I admit to it. The idea of sick trophies appeals to me in PSU. But, Ill say it before Rion can:

Stay on topic.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 09:42 PM
It's a necessity on these forums to stay on topic.

It would be cool to put enemy part's in your room as reminders of you're success.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 09:48 PM
Plus, if you can get the rare monsters on the wall, they'd be GREAT conversation starters. So would the rare weps...only I wouldn't want to hang the actual weapon on the wall, maybe after you get a weapon, you can make a replica of it to put on the wall (and the replicas would make great gifts too)

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 09:50 PM
Yes, Im trying not to get excited about it but its hard. The idea of customizing your room any way you want is too enticing to not think about.

Rion...

Stay on topic.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 09:57 PM
On topic: It looks like this poll answered my question pretty well...pretty much everyone thinks they're great. With the exception of the ones that don't care (how could you not care about Your Room, it's going to be huge!!!) and the ones that think I'm an idiot (???).

The question WAS answered though, everyone loves the 'rooms'

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 10:13 PM
On 2005-10-28 19:57, PhruitBaskit wrote:
On topic: It looks like this poll answered my question pretty well...pretty much everyone thinks they're great. With the exception of the ones that don't care (how could you not care about Your Room, it's going to be huge!!!) and the ones that think I'm an idiot (???).

The question WAS answered though, everyone loves the 'rooms'

A lot* of people love the rooms, heheh. Yeah the rooms are pretty sweet

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 10:19 PM
What sucks is...we can only sit and wonder what they'll actually be like. Until February!

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 10:25 PM
I don't want to have to wait...it sucks, but we have no choice...I want to have my room now...on an ending note rooms are sweet.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 28, 2005, 10:34 PM
Yes, rooms are sweet, but don't let that be an ending note. COME ON PEOPLE! I know not everyone has voted yet. We want to hear YOUR opinion on 'rooms' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Don't let this topic die!

ANIMEniac
Oct 28, 2005, 10:43 PM
im kinda suprised that one speculation hasn't come up. you know when you beat the game and u get that "Congradulations, you are the hero" pic. well what if you could take that pic, or any other snapshots u might want, and put them on ur wall or desk. i can see all the gf/bf pics on walls now lol.

Dre_o
Oct 28, 2005, 11:15 PM
On 2005-10-28 20:43, ANIMEniac wrote:
im kinda suprised that one speculation hasn't come up. you know when you beat the game and u get that "Congradulations, you are the hero" pic. well what if you could take that pic, or any other snapshots u might want, and put them on ur wall or desk. i can see all the gf/bf pics on walls now lol.

Wow, that would kick ass. I too can see it now. I don't know what would take up more room, weapon displays or pictures? Having to make that decision will suck.

OdinTyler
Oct 29, 2005, 04:26 PM
Well, if I cant fit the actual thing, how about me stepping on the last boss's eye w/my axe still embedded in it? Id definitely hang that on my wall at home. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 11:06 AM
So what you're talking about is a picture or a poster. Grusome photography for decor? Sounds good. Except I think I'll have posters of extra hot newearls LOL In the case of pictures on the walls though, that would be very cool...

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 11:30 AM
Well, you know my vote for Yummy Newman of 2005/2006: Maya Shidou! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Id put a poster of her up. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FantasyJoy
Oct 30, 2005, 02:11 PM
I'll rather have a poster of my friends. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 03:18 PM
Awwww (gag). LOL Nah, thats cool. A team photo shot could be cool. Can guild leaders get a separate room as a guild hall? If so, Ill need one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I know, I know, there arent official guilds in PS. In terms of association, we can still do so via the cards.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 06:03 PM
Team pictures? I'm not sure. Unless it's a picture of the team standong around the last bosses disembodied eye LOL And a room for the guild leaders would be pretty cool. Or even a room for team members to meet. The possibilities are endless...

I think any picture on the wall would be cool. And I wonder if you'll be able to put up pictures that you took. That sucked in PSO

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 06:09 PM
Agreed. The in game picture capture needs vast improvement. Now Phruit, any particular disembodied eyes you had in mind? LOL

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 06:35 PM
The last boss's eye, of course! LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC Yes, the in-game picture taking needs more than vast improvement, especially if you're going to put the pictures you take on the walls of your room.

ANIMEniac
Oct 30, 2005, 07:10 PM
also what about music for your apartment. if we can get disks, and they dont only last one play then implode, then i would have "versus- Tricktrack" blairin so loud the bass will knock your pic of ur disembodied boss eye onto the floor.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 09:17 PM
Of course! What about audio!?! It would be sweet if you could buy discs, and it would be sweeter if they played more than once. It would be great to have some sort of stereo system in your room. But when you play it, don't knock my picture down http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif JK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-10-30 18:19 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:26 PM
Thats right. I love the music idea. Maybe we can have a stereo in our apt & thats how we can access the sound test? It would be a good excuse to have a sound test in the game & still have music going. As for my wall poster, no way in Hell my pic of Darkfalz (or w/e his name is this week)'s eye is coming off my wall, spammit! Not even the loudest of bass would do that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anime, STAY ON TOPIC! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:26 PM
Awww crap, the boldface code didnt work. Oh well! LOL

PhruitBaskit
Oct 30, 2005, 09:37 PM
Stupid bold face code! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And now to be on topic: Apartment, apartment, apartment! LOL But yeah, audio system should definately in...crank up Burning Rangers! I wonder if they'll have music that people have actually heard of in PSU...that is If music is a part of your room.

OdinTyler
Oct 30, 2005, 09:50 PM
BURNING RANGERS??? NOOOOOOOO! LOL I think an ingame sound test (as a stereo) would be a good cover. Some of the updates they add online could be the soundtracks from previous PS games (1-4). PSO would be pointless cause we could always pop in that game & listen. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FantasyJoy
Oct 31, 2005, 09:34 AM
To get back on topic. I think we will get a room at the beginning of our game online. But if you need to buy one, that will really be dam stupid. Where do you character live then? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 09:38 AM
You get your room already to start with. Then, you customize it as you wish. It IS called My Room afterall. Stay on topic.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 31, 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes on topic...I'm tired of people using those words (Stay on topic, pfft) When you said you think that you'll start off with a room, Fantasy, you'd be correct! And buying a room wouldn't be so bad if you got an apartment to start out with and then you could buy more on different planets (only one more on each planet though, we don't need any real estate tycoons in PSU, LOL). That, or you can stay in hotels on the different planets. Presidential Suite, here I come!

ANIMEniac
Oct 31, 2005, 09:34 PM
well now that we have come to the general conclusion that we are on topic, i think there should be a tread or contest for (coolest room) like 5-6 months after PSU comes out. (wait was that on topic?) well i wonder if u can re arange some furniture cause in the pics they where all the same layout but different, umm, whats the word... atmospheres i guess.

PhruitBaskit
Oct 31, 2005, 10:00 PM
Coolest room? Sounds good I guess. But it'll be a while before that thread becomes a reality. And yeah, that same atmosphere thing...good point! Made me wonder how much customization we'll have... ::pondering::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhruitBaskit on 2005-11-01 10:11 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Oct 31, 2005, 10:11 PM
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what Im pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain. But, if they called it a dying room, no one would want to go in it.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 1, 2005, 01:22 PM
Yes LOL The thought of the similarities between the rooms that we were shown pictures of made me ponder! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ::ponders some more:: How much customization will we get?

OdinTyler
Nov 1, 2005, 05:04 PM
I ponder what you are pondering. But, in all this pondering, I ponder...does Rion know we're all on topic? I must ponder this...

Rion772
Nov 1, 2005, 05:55 PM
Well if I didn't keep you in line who else would haha. But I ponder if we will have expandable rooms spaces and a second story?!

OdinTyler
Nov 1, 2005, 06:02 PM
Actually theyre small apartments, tho technically called My Room. Its not a condo, Rion. Stay on topic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rion772
Nov 2, 2005, 06:28 AM
On 2005-11-01 15:02, OdinTyler wrote:
Actually theyre small apartments, tho technically called My Room. Its not a condo, Rion. Stay on topic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wonder if after awhile of not playing the game or entering your room, does it get like...dusty and do cockroaches show up like in Animal Crossing because someone mentioned it was like Animal Crossing. I live in a small apartment...I wonder how big my new apartment (My Room) will actually be by the time this is released...

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 12:58 PM
::ponders about expandable rooms:: Yes, expandable living spaces would be very nice. But how would you do that without the neighbor's room getting smaller. Speaking of neeighbors, will you even have neighbors in your apartment? ::ponders some more:: http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vox3om
Nov 2, 2005, 03:04 PM
So...what is the underlying purpose for having rooms? I think its freakin' awesome. Such a good idea, but what do we know for sure about their function?

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 03:12 PM
So youre not a futuristic homeless person, sleeping on the street? LOL Its just a place you can call your own, most likely drop your possessions off, etc. Its pretty cool, just go with it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vox3om
Nov 2, 2005, 04:47 PM
oh I'm definitly goin with it. I figured thats really all it was for, but just wanted to check and make sure that I wasn't missing out on any real big reason.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 07:58 PM
I think Odin summed up the entire purpose of the rooms...At least based on what we know so far. There could still be more that we are yet to know about...

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 08:58 PM
yay! i often had to leave at least 10 items out of my check room so that i could sleep in the empty cubby.but i wonder still will it be like you gust port to room or do u walk around looking 4 ur room number. if option 2 is the case then i will stand in the hall with 4 other ppl covering up room numbers and signs so ppl get lost ^_^.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 2, 2005, 09:23 PM
If number two is the case and you do what you say you'll do, then I'll be one of the people that gets lost...I can't find my way anywhere LOL

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:16 PM
This is my theory on how entrance to My Room works. You would go to a certain part of the GC. Through ST's laziness...I mean...to 'economize' space http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif , all ppl would enter the 'same' door. When you enter, youll automatically enter your room. I know it would feel like alternate dimensions because we're all in theory entering the same point in space. Just work with me on this. The problem with this is if we all enter the same point to go to our respective rooms, its gonna look like a line is forming for the restroom. Once again, talk about laughy! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 10:23 PM
OOOO, or it could be like the lobby on PSO now, but the 3 women in the front are those ppl that give you your room key. then you could dissapear into your room, and if someone wanted to enter then they would have to enter a password. or send you a BEE saying, "blah blah wishes to enter the room. Allow in?"

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:25 PM
There was definitely mention of 'allowing others to enter your room.' A password is more than likely implied. For now, myself & guild members would be allowed in. If guilds dont get a separate hall, I guess my place would be our Base of Operations.

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 10:41 PM
well depending on how much floor space u have i wonder how many you can invite in at a time. also it would be silly to see their life bar and stats in the room. unless they stubbed their toe on the falz ear and trip.-3 hp

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 11:18 PM
Well, thats what you get for tripping on my decor! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Respect the grossness that is the disembodied Falz ear (lets not forget the axe-embedded eye, as well). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 3, 2005, 01:45 PM
Yes, watch out for the decor...That Falz ear is a priceless collectible http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif And a password system would be sweet. I wonder how many people will be able to enter your room at once. I'd say 6 including you. But then again...

OdinTyler
Nov 3, 2005, 04:42 PM
Six would be a good number as thats the limit for a regular party. Besides, yes, it looks big, but, from what we know of My Room, its a bedroom with a decent size hallway, connected to the front door. More than 6 would push it. I wonder if we can interact w/the environment: see our char hang something up, get into bed & nap, etc...stuff like that.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 12:58 PM
Yes, 6 sounds like a very good number since six is the party limit...More might fit...But it would be stupid because you wouldn't be able to play with all of them. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And interacting with the environment would be very cool. It would make the room more useful, like, there would be stuff to do. Though it does sound a little bit Sim...

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 03:24 PM
So whats wrong with that? I mean what would be the point of My Room having so many customs if just to drop stuff off. I think part of the fun is showing off your choice in decor. Besides, a lil Sim wouldnt be so bad during some downtime when grp formations are slow atm.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 04:27 PM
On 2005-10-31 19:00, PhruitBaskit wrote:
Coolest room? Sounds good I guess. But it'll be a while before that thread becomes a reality. And yeah, that same atmosphere thing...good point! Made me wonder how much customization we'll have... ::pondering::

Ah Ha! The first use of 'ponder'! LOL

And nothing's wrong with the Sims. Hell I used to play the game. I was just saying that is what it sounded like to ME. Yes it would be fun to have a unique decor in your room. Customization is what will make the rooms fun for the most part http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And yes, Sim would really help to kill time...

ANIMEniac
Nov 5, 2005, 01:54 AM
ok so we all no that if u drop an item then leave the said item is gone 4ever. but will the same thing happen in your room since techicaly it is just for you and needs not so be cleared for new 'rooms'. i no i for one will come in oneday and be like "WOW, i got to clean up. but where did i put that claw... no... no... EWW whats that sticky stuf... oh its just eyeball juice, and an ax?"

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 09:52 AM
No, you can drop an item & retrieve it later. Just remember not to leave the game or it will be gone. As long as someone is there to pick it up, you can get it again. I see someone is mentioning eyeballs & axes. Gee, now who talked about that before? I wonder. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 12:43 PM
So you CAN leave stuff in your room, retrieve it later, but it's gone if you leave the game? That's a little stupid. Since it's your room it should just stay there on the floor...Where the hell would it go anyways??? If it's that damn maid stealing my items...

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I meant if you left an item out in the field or somewhere where the item couldnt be safe & secure, then yes, you logging off would erase the item. Thats the same in PSO.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 5, 2005, 08:25 PM
But if you leave it on the floor of your room, log off, and come back, it will still be there? I know it's the same in PSO, I was just wondering if items will be safe on the floor of your room...

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 11:06 PM
Dont know but more info on this would definitely help. My Room could theoretically be considered a locker room so leaving an item anywhere inside should save it. At least, we hope. Still tho, dont wanna leave stuff all over the floor. You know how ppl would comment about the ear they keep tripping over in MY My Room. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhruitBaskit
Nov 6, 2005, 12:20 PM
Dont know but more info on this would definitely help. My Room could theoretically be considered a More info would definately help. I want more info! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Yes, if My Room is a place that's yours items should be safe ANYWHERE inside it, but will they be? And no you don't want to leave stuff all over the floor. It may be easier but ti looks like crap! Maybe you should just get a smaller scale graphite replica of the ear...People would stop tripping and you could carry it with you every where you went. (But then again, who wants their trophy to be smaller thatn it really was?)

OdinTyler
Nov 6, 2005, 04:31 PM
Maybe Ill have a sling hanging from the ceiling? Use it like a pinata? Bash the Falz ear, see what goodies come out? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Seriously tho, all we know of My Room for a fact is the bedroom & connected hallway. I just hope theres enough background interaction that we could put items away: drawers, lockers, etc.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 6, 2005, 04:55 PM
an ear and see what goodies come out...ear wax and that's it! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I really hope that My Room is more than just a bedroom and a hallway. They need background interaction...What other useful use could they have? I want a safe in my room for all my weps.

OdinTyler
Nov 7, 2005, 09:38 AM
Well, thats where I came up with the idea for 4 boxes. If the locker holds to the same 200 spaces, we could have 4 boxes, 50 slots each. Then, we can organize a box for a specific purpose. Maybe even get other boxes, stack em on top of each other. Hey, Ive done it IRL, why not in game?

PhruitBaskit
Nov 8, 2005, 04:32 PM
It's a good idea http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Different boxes would make it a lot easier to organize and find things. If you're gonna have a bunch of stuff then it's got to be organized. Maybe boxes will be a sort of rare item that you can find and allows you to store additional items. Being able to add storage space will really help with item 'colletctors' like me. Maybe instead of a locker with boxes, a sort of walk-in safe with boxes wall-to-wall...

OdinTyler
Nov 8, 2005, 10:21 PM
Yep, we can stack em like Rubbermaid totes. Ive done it before. Not always safe for one's head, but, it organizes a room fairly well.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 12, 2005, 01:55 PM
Well good! Your Room should have a little organization. And as for them falling on your head...Well that's what skulls are for http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Stack 'em like Rubbermaid totes!

OdinTyler
Nov 14, 2005, 02:52 PM
Im just glad I have a hard head. Saved me more than once. I'll have my room rather organized, given what organizing I can do & how much freedom Im allowed to do so.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 14, 2005, 07:40 PM
Yes, my hard head has come in handy more than a few times (with a few war scars to prove it ) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. I'd like to organize My Room as much as possible too, like you said, given how many organization options we actually get. Freedome is great. When I played online I had a pile of all the things I was to lazy to go sell. All the trash in a pile...Organized? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OdinTyler
Nov 14, 2005, 10:29 PM
Ive noticed a bad trend with me & online gaming. I tend to be a packrat. But then, I have to bust my ass to find good stuff. I usually dont get handed things so anything I may want or need, I tend to hang onto. If we do get boxes, Ill be way more organized...or try to be anyway. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Tek_
Nov 15, 2005, 09:41 PM
I hope you can create your own texture, or tiles, as your wallpaper similar to Animal crossing. But the problem with that is profanity is possible. That probably why symbol chat didn't use the more verstile ms paint style like animal crossing went with.

OdinTyler
Nov 16, 2005, 10:55 AM
YAY PROFANITY! LOL Ya, I bet measures were taken to prevent that. I do like the idea of choosing wallpaper & tiles. Its definitely at least partly possible, as it was mentioned we can change how the walls look. Also, I have seen the floor different as well. Gonna have a different look for each of my chars. I mean that just makes sense. I hate making too many Animal Crossing references as the game was a pain in the ass, but, it did have some good qualities & some creative licensing to the player.

Rion772
Nov 16, 2005, 05:32 PM
It kind of bothers me people would waste like 30 minutes of their time to create profanity in games where you can paint. Especially they could just keep that annoying crap out of a game we enjoy and instead just look that stuff up online or something.

DeathMachine
Nov 16, 2005, 08:09 PM
your room probably won't get but so big. Therefore, the customization options would be severely limited. ST probably is too lazy to do anything interesting enough (such as increase storage space or increase room size). You might get away with a few SEED creature heads though. IF this all is an option, I wonder if you would be able to horde rediculous amounts of cash and rares in a 'back room' or private compartment of the rooms. (my precious, precious money! all i need is you!)

OdinTyler
Nov 16, 2005, 11:34 PM
Well, the hallway looks like it could substitute as a dining hall/guild meeting area. Nice place to hang that ear, eh Phruit?

PhruitBaskit
Nov 22, 2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah, there was nothing small looking about those hallways. Actually, they looked pretty big. And I bet you'll end up needing the extra room http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That ear isn't going to fit anywhere else

-PhruitBaskit

Para
Nov 22, 2005, 10:33 PM
I think its great that the apartments are coming. It really brings the community and the game closer together (seeming that you can go to other people's apartments) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-11-22 19:33 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Nov 23, 2005, 09:33 AM
Actually, I was thinking 'Whats up with this kid?' I mean yeah, thought the sig was funny, but, weird. S'ok tho, weird is good. Weird ppl are welcome in my apt, come Day One. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rion772
Nov 23, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-11-22 19:33, Nites wrote:
I think its great that the apartments are coming. It really brings the community and the game closer together (seeming that you can go to other people's apartments) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2005-11-22 19:33 ]</font>

I agree, hopefully though this community won't be so...vulgar. I mean look at the Socom II commun., it is expected that people would get carried away after winning but the vulgar lang. that's used there is hilarious and yet really annoying. Hopefully rooms and nice chat will make this commun. nicer and less...bad.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
Well also take into account that they have no control over what people say in the headsets on Socom...Probably a major contributer to the vulgarity. People were a little crude in that game. (bad language...not that cool) There'll be a little more control in PSU and hopefully, like ya said, nicer chat=better chat. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DamonKatu
Nov 23, 2005, 11:51 PM
woa...thats thinking very big http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif If I go to PSU with my own room, its going to feel like animal crossing AGEAN http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I hope the bed is free and the cybering is WAY TOO MUCH INFO!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DamonKatu on 2005-11-25 09:33 ]</font>