PDA

View Full Version : Yellowboze

aclors
Oct 18, 2005, 03:52 PM
What hunter, in your opinion, would best take advantage of this section id's drops?

Hrith
Oct 18, 2005, 04:13 PM
RAmarl.

err... yeah >_>

aclors
Oct 18, 2005, 06:08 PM
On 2005-10-18 14:13, Kef wrote:
RAmarl.

err... yeah >_>

How would that be? And also I said HUNTER, not ranger.

Crokar
Oct 18, 2005, 06:38 PM
depends really on what the character is for.

aclors
Oct 18, 2005, 06:41 PM
On 2005-10-18 16:38, Crokar wrote:
depends really on what the character is for.

Well, just a regular hunter. You know, your standard melee character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aclors on 2005-10-18 16:41 ]</font>

Crokar
Oct 18, 2005, 06:48 PM
well me personally i have a HUmar and a HUnewearl. I used to have a HUcast but i like the HUmar better but HUnewearl is also good because you can use lvl 20 spells instead of 15 and your tp will regenerate when standing still, not very fast at first but it gets faster. the Robots have traps wich can really come in handy during the harder levels.

and thats all i have to say about that

aclors
Oct 18, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-10-18 16:48, Crokar wrote:
well me personally i have a HUmar and a HUnewearl. I used to have a HUcast but i like the HUmar better but HUnewearl is also good because you can use lvl 20 spells instead of 15 and your tp will regenerate when standing still, not very fast at first but it gets faster. the Robots have traps wich can really come in handy during the harder levels.

and thats all i have to say about that

Well, you're just comparing the hunter classes. Eh, I think I'll just go with HUmar because I have a HUne and I had a HUcast on GC.

Crokar
Oct 18, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-10-18 16:54, aclors wrote:
Well, you're just comparing the hunter classes. Eh, I think I'll just go with HUmar because I have a HUne and I had a HUcast on GC.

well i dont really know what yellowboze has but the humar can use the best of it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crokar on 2005-10-18 20:29 ]</font>

whiteninja
Oct 18, 2005, 10:42 PM
On 2005-10-18 13:52, aclors wrote:
What hunter, in your opinion, would best take advantage of this section id's drops?
What Hunter would even use those drops?

The only stupendous drops I see are the NUG 2k (1/28,808 from a Canabin) and Secure Feet (1/2 from Temple Mil Lily)... the second of which is Ramar(l) only and the first it Ranger only... everything else can be obtained in other ID's, and in many cases they can be obtained easier.

So unless ST made Yelloboze really HU oriented in EP4, I don't see why any Hunter would be Yellowboze. (except as a dummy character)

IceBurner
Oct 19, 2005, 01:44 AM
It's called Zanba.
With far more Zoas then Zeles, it's your best bet of ever seeing one. My HUcast would regularly score berserk crits doing thousands of damage. Darn strong without the berserk, and far more common than all but two of the swords stronger (discounting berserk) than it.

How about Flight Cutter, or Red Handgun, Saber, and Sword? All enemy parts? There's also Luminous Field, Brightness Circle, Guard Wave, and Stink Frame to keep your hide intact.

Toss in Sange, Kasami Bracer, Meteor Cudgel, Twin Psychogun, Lavis Cannon, Yamigarasu, Asuka, Monkey King Bar, and the Lame D'Argent, mix up with increased % chances across the board (especially hit% in ep2), and it can serve any HU of any level pretty well. Heck, it's got nice toys for the other classes as well, try trading.

No ID really puts as much under one roof as Yellowboze does, though for the most part you need wait 'til Ultimate to see that. My HUcast is L162 and I'm very glad he's been Yellowboze.

Note that the listed items aren't neccesarily supposed to be the "best" items, just rather powerful, cool, pretty, or rare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBurner on 2005-10-18 23:50 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 19, 2005, 03:37 AM
There are as many RA weapons in boze, and mentioning some weapons like Lavis Cannon is hypocrotical; Lavis drops in all IDs, and Yellowboze is one of the worst ID for it.

Also, several weapons you mentioned are usable by Rangers, who are much better meleers than hunters on BB.

Any char would do ok in boze, it's a below average ID, but it's not oriented towards a particular class.

Skorpius
Oct 19, 2005, 04:00 AM
On 2005-10-19 01:37, Kef wrote:
Any char would do ok in boze, it's a below average ID, but it's not oriented towards a particular class.

What is "Below Average" to you, Kef?

hyperacute
Oct 19, 2005, 04:54 AM
Glancing through the Yellowboze dropchart, the ability to find Pan Arms arms whilst still on Hard mode (reasonable drop rate as well) stands out as a high point as these are a pretty solid weapon. The other plus point for me would be the 3084 Flowens drop in ult, a fantastic weapon for a HUney (even, to a lesser extent for a HUmar).

My experience with section IDs has been that unless you're hunting a specific item, most of them offer a decent array of stuff for all classes.

As to which hunter would best suit the drops, perhaps a better question would be "what sort of hunter would you like to play?". Personally, my Yellowboze char is a HUney, partly for the Flowens, partly because my GC main is a HUmar and I fancied a change. I've yet to find any particular class completely godlike (or conversely, completely useless) so find it comes down to personal preference and aesthetics. Sure, there are some differences in the stats but I've yet to find that these make or mar my gameplaying experience (looks suspiciously at stats as the domain of those with funny sided dice in their pocket and *shudder* AD&D rulebooks).

So yes, 'Boze is a pretty solid section ID with, in my opinion, at least 2 high points and, as to char class, pick the one that you like the look of. The only advice I'll give is that if you plan to solo a lot, the Huney is probably the most "self sufficient" in terms of techs and healing.

Dana
Oct 19, 2005, 05:56 AM
On 2005-10-19 02:00, Skorpius wrote:

What is "Below Average" to you, Kef?anyone

Pinkal >.>

Neith
Oct 19, 2005, 05:57 AM
Pros:
-3084 Flowens, awesome with Hit.
-Easiest Zanba drop, and highest chance of hit.
-A really nice Ult Forest (Red Handgun, Red Saber, Agito, Luminous Field...)
-Only ID to find every enemy body part, great for things like S-Reds, Pan Arm's Arms etc.
-Speaking of Pan Arm's Arms, can find those in Hard Cave.
-Easiest chance of Hit% in Episode 2.

Cons: (having played the ID as a Hunter)
-No awesome ID-specific drops (3084 is about all that's good), unless you play Blue Burst, in which case there's the Lame D'Argent.
-Very balanced ID, having a lot of RA/FO items, which isn't much use if you're a Hunter.
-I read somewhere that Box rares are harder with Boze?
-Bad drops for Lavis Cannon, Psycho Wand, Heaven Punisher.
-A lot of the good HU weapons are easier in other ID's.

Personally, I enjoy the ID, but not as much as ones like Skyly, or Whitill. It is a nice ID, but like all others, has it's flaws.

aclors
Oct 19, 2005, 06:20 AM
Yeah, well I want to go with Yellowboze cause I'm tired of finding only certain types of weps with all the other section ids and I also want more armor than Skyly. I would go for Redria, but slicers are not my thing.

Dhylec
Oct 19, 2005, 07:54 AM
'boze also has some minor pluses..
-more meseta drop than other IDs
-weapons have a bit more chance to have hit%, specially in ep2

Zarbolord
Oct 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
The best for slicers are usually Whitill... (I hate diskas! I get'em all the time now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif) Anyway yellowboze seems fine for what you're looking for. My Hucast is Yellowboze and he's getting on quite well (mind you he's still in normal mode...).
*I think it's time to go away from here...*

Fossil
Oct 19, 2005, 05:38 PM
Yellowboze is a kickass ID. It's not geared towards any class in particular, but I would steer for a hunter or ranger rather then a force. They both an equally good amount of great rares you can hunt for and for many other characters of yours as well.

I've had a Boze for a couple thousand hours and credit most my rares from this ID. :

Bladehunter
Oct 20, 2005, 05:42 AM
On 2005-10-19 04:20, aclors wrote:
Yeah, well I want to go with Yellowboze cause I'm tired of finding only certain types of weps with all the other section ids and I also want more armor than Skyly. I would go for Redria, but slicers are not my thing.

Amen to that, I chose Redria after some noob guide who said Redria was armor-specced... And it was, to an extent. I'm starting to go mad over all these Diska of Liberator/Braveman I find in every frikkin area and episode >.<

Retfil
Oct 20, 2005, 01:02 PM

Hmm, if you don't know, all classes belong to the group called "Hunter". I'm not trying to be rude, but you sounded like, if someone could remember some NPCs that always call you hunter instead of ranger/force with all classes I would be very grateful, as you can see, you can still enter Hunter's Guild being a RAmar -.-
And as he said too, on BB Rangers can be better Melee than Hunters.

aclors
Oct 20, 2005, 03:12 PM
On 2005-10-20 11:02, Retfil wrote:

Hmm, if you don't know, all classes belong to the group called "Hunter". I'm not trying to be rude, but you sounded like, if someone could remember some NPCs that always call you hunter instead of ranger/force with all classes I would be very grateful, as you can see, you can still enter Hunter's Guild being a RAmar -.-
And as he said too, on BB Rangers can be better Melee than Hunters.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I knew that and stop trying to be so technical. I am just not a Ranger person. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Retfil
Oct 20, 2005, 03:42 PM
I didn't.
Well I'm a completely Ranger person http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Oct 20, 2005, 04:05 PM
To get Technical, the people you play as are called "Hunters". With the S.

Retfil
Oct 20, 2005, 04:57 PM
XD
Yeah sure... My english sucks bad http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

whiteninja
Oct 20, 2005, 07:25 PM
That whole thing about "Hunters" and "HUnters" confused me quite a bit when I started EP3... I was wondering how all of the Heroside could be Hunters when some were FO's and some were RA's and only some were actually "HU"... ST shouldn't have made them the same name...

On 2005-10-18 23:44, IceBurner wrote:
How about Flight Cutter,Only slightly better than Whitil's 1/3 Temple Hildeltorr drop.

or Red Handgun,Owned by Redria's Pal Rappy and Purplenum's El Rappy drops.

Saber,The only ID that gets it worse is Redria.

and Sword?Yeah, 1/2101.... from a Melqueek!

All enemy parts?Okay, with the Bringer's Rifle, Sorcerer's Cane, Pan Arms Blades, S-Red's Blades, and Gi Gue Bazooka, that does prove useful.

There's also Luminous Field, Brightness Circle,The Luminous Field is good, but Aura Field is better (unless you're an android) and that Brightness Circle drop sucks.

Guard Wave,Once again, you gotta love those odds! (1/4096 EP1 Ob Lily)

and Stink Frame to keep your hide intact.The Stink Frame odds are nothing special.

Toss in Sange,But it can also be gotten in better Hunter ID's like Skyly just as easily.

Kasami Bracer,I love the way that the drop was doubled from the Redria drop for that.

Meteor Cudgel,Okay that one is good... but Whitill is still better.

Twin Psychogun,Those things are horrible. The L&K Combats are insanely better. What's up with that Psychogun special too? Pitifull...

Lavis Cannon,Everyone gets it, and from that Gibbles drop, Oran could get a Psycho Wand instead... which would you prefer?

Yamigarasu,Yay! Time to kill 900 Ill Gills... that'll be a blast. (Skyly and Whitill have the same drop, but Whitill also has an S-Zele drop and Viridia has a Morfos drop)

Asuka,The only rates that are worth it are Pinkal's Barba Ray, and Whitil's Gol Dragon. Even with the extra hit% odds.

Monkey King BarFrom the Mericus... That's least common of the Meri- enemies... enjoy.

I know that I did mention several ID's though... but how many players actually stick to just one character? (not many)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2005-10-20 17:32 ]</font>

aclors
Oct 20, 2005, 07:37 PM
Meh, think what you want. You can't change my opinion. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Other ids focus on one type of weapon and that gets annoying. That's why I want Yellowboze, even if the drop rate are not that good. Anyway, on bb i'm very lucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aclors on 2005-10-20 17:38 ]</font>

Natron
Oct 20, 2005, 08:01 PM
Go with HUcast. Great attack, decent HP, and traps. Simple as that!

Fossil
Oct 21, 2005, 04:23 AM
Wow, someone complains about everything. Why don't you stick with Pinkal then if opinions will do no good except for your own.

IceBurner
Oct 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
Most players I've teamed up with don't run off on some mad quest of 1,000 runs for item X, they just accept come what may while playing with their friends, and occasionally hunt specific areas or just trade when they want something really bad.

Quoting odds and how much easier it is to get items from other IDs, misses the point; with one Yellowboze character, it's possible to find a sheer variety of items that will support any character you'd like. The odds are long on some, but with the amount of time you could spend getting 4-8 characters strong enough to fully explore Ultimate (especially on Blue Burst), you could very likely find yourself some nice kit sticking with one. Don't forget that extra characters need equipment too! The hunt may never end...

Neith
Oct 21, 2005, 03:15 PM
It's known that Redria gets easier drops on Armour/Shields/(Units?)

So bearing that in mind, it's obvious Boze's drop for Kasami would be worse >_>

whiteninja
Oct 21, 2005, 11:38 PM
The odds are long on some, but with the amount of time you could spend getting 4-8 characters strong enough to fully explore Ultimate (especially on Blue Burst), you could very likely find yourself some nice kit sticking with one. Not necessarily true. Especially with the rarer items. If you already have a lv 150 Greenill character and planned to get a NUG 2000, it'd still be faster to raise a Yellowboze Fonewm for spamming Rafoie (one of the few Yellowboze advantages). If you wanted a Heaven's Punisher, would you use your Whitill character to get it, or would you start a Blueful?

Like I said before, how many people stick with only one character anyway?