PDA

View Full Version : RAcast a better "hunter" than HUcaseal?

Ghen
Oct 18, 2005, 06:05 PM
Statwise, do you think a RAcast is a better choice than a HUcaseal, as she only tops him in the EVP department?

Take a look at the stat comparison.

HUcaseal

GC Lvl 200 MAX

HP 1630
TP 0
ATP 1301
DFP 525
MST 0
ATA 218
EVP 877
LCK 100

RAcast

GC Lvl 200 MAX

HP 2214
TP 0
ATP 1350
DFP 606
MST 0
ATA 224
EVP 699
LCK 100

So, to summarize,

RAcast has +584 hp, +49 atp, +81 dfp, +6 ata possible over HUcaseal

HUcaseal has +178 evp possible over RAcast

Is it just me or does it seem like the RAcast is a superior choice? Unless you really want to use HU weapons like swords...

tbmes11
Oct 18, 2005, 06:12 PM
I agree with you. RAcasts make a better Hunter is your not into using Hunter only weapons.

However, sometimes sex appeal is important for some people.

Skorpius
Oct 18, 2005, 06:36 PM
There aren't very many Male Ranger useable Partisans or Swords. The best you could do with a RAcast is Monkey King Bar with S-Rank Scythe. Second best is maybe Stag Cutlary and some kind of Gungnir.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-10-18 16:36 ]</font>

Sizzors
Oct 18, 2005, 06:36 PM
Go for RAcast.

>_>

Ghen
Oct 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
If you look at the bottom of my post, you'll see I did note that ;-p

I was thinking more along the lines of a Twin Blaze or S-Rank Twin.... what I'd really like though is an Excaliber or Daylight Scar for him, but I'm not holding my breath. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GhostScythe
Oct 18, 2005, 06:51 PM
defintely RAcast ftw

Ghen
Oct 18, 2005, 06:56 PM
Dude, if you hook me up with a nice rare, I'll make you a badass sig, what do ya say? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GhostScythe
Oct 18, 2005, 06:58 PM
On 2005-10-18 16:56, Ghen wrote:
Dude, if you hook me up with a nice rare, I'll make you a badass sig, what do ya say? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

my sig is already badass. go ahead and surprise me =)

Ghen
Oct 18, 2005, 08:04 PM
Can you give me a list of the equipment you use regularly?

Sizzors
Oct 18, 2005, 08:28 PM
On 2005-10-18 16:51, GhostScythe wrote:
defintely RAcast ftw

=O

Someone I can relate too! RAcast owns!

On Topic: It's definitly worth the RAcast, I have a HUcaseal and the RAcast stats go like a rocket, a HUcas will go up on intervals, you can get maybe +5 boosts at the most for HUcase, but I've gotten a +7 in ATP with RAcast.

Para
Oct 18, 2005, 09:12 PM
RAcasts with charge hit gungirs ftw http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 18, 2005, 09:21 PM
S-rank Charge Scythe.

Ryna
Oct 18, 2005, 09:29 PM
On 2005-10-18 19:21, Jonathan_F wrote:
S-rank Charge Scythe.

It would be nice if Charge were a possible S-Rank special.

Saigan
Oct 18, 2005, 10:10 PM
Berserk then, with a pimp mag that uses Invincibility at low health.
My RAcast uses a 30%hit Stag Cutlery (Pinkal is gold for hunting high % Stags, although I'm still looking for a 50+...). Also a bluefull char can find excellent high % 9-star Gungnirs on a regular basis.

However I'd still hold onto a high dmg shot or launcher for bosses.

Skorpius
Oct 18, 2005, 10:21 PM
Rangers can't use 9 star Partisans.

BlowfishSushi
Oct 18, 2005, 11:34 PM
On 2005-10-18 20:10, Saigan wrote:
Berserk then, with a pimp mag that uses Invincibility at low health.
My RAcast uses a 30%hit Stag Cutlery (Pinkal is gold for hunting high % Stags, although I'm still looking for a 50+...). Also a bluefull char can find excellent high % 9-star Gungnirs on a regular basis.

However I'd still hold onto a high dmg shot or launcher for bosses.

Lowering your health down by way of Berserk doesn't trigger the invincibility of mags though.

Tycho
Oct 19, 2005, 12:44 AM
RAcast wins, mostly because he's a RA (so can use lots of good weapons).

Hrith
Oct 19, 2005, 03:48 AM
Any RA (except RAmar) is a better meleer than HUcaseal/HUmar, nothing new.

Skorpius, he meant 9-star Gungnir, not 9-star Partisan (as in Hell Gungnir, Berserk Gungnir, etc.)

A Berserk/Spirit/Charge Gungnir (with hit%, even) outdamages most partisans (the two S-Ranks and Yunchang are probably the only ones that are more powerful); and for one-on-one weapons, some of the most powerful in the game are usable by rangers (MKB, Twin Blaze, S-Rank Twin, Twin Chakram, P-Arms's Blade, Flapjack Flapper, Daylight Scar). Not to forget the incredlibly overpowered Excalibur, which is 10 times better on a RA than on a HU or FO. I was able to completely outdamage a Lv 165 HUcast with my Lv 182 RAmarl (both using Excalibur), so imagine the poor HUcaseal. I was also able to very badly outdamage a Lv 174 HUmar with Tsumikiri, with my Excalibur.

I'll say it again, Hunters have become next to useless on BB.

ADE
Oct 19, 2005, 04:07 AM
[...] the classes balance out in the end.

Excalibur only hits up to 3 enemies, so while you're outdamaging me on three enemies by a few damage, I'm hitting 6 enemies with my Red Sword. Sure you could whip your Spread Needle back out, but that doesn't do as much damage.

Also, you forgot to mention that there are costs associated with Charge/Berserk/Spirit that make them far less preferable to regular weapons. And since most enemy waves have some Sat Lizards or Yowies in them, you're stuck either using a saber on them, or a partisan that has a high cost of use. I can do tons of damage for free with my Red Sword. Everything that makes RAs "better" comes with a cost.

Any RA (except RAmar) is a better meleer than HUcaseal/HUmar, nothing new.

[...]

edited for flamebaiting.
verbal warning for this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-10-19 05:27 ]</font>

hyperacute
Oct 19, 2005, 05:10 AM
On 2005-10-19 01:48, Kef wrote:

I'll say it again, Hunters have become next to useless on BB.

From a statistical point of view (and with a certain array of weaponry) then quite possibly but this fails to take into account the need for a bit of diversity in the game and, above all else, personal preference.

In the hands of a decent player, all classes are useful additions. Having played at least one of every class into ult since GC version (am not counting the Dreamcast version as the characters were less balanced), I would argue that the worth of a char comes down to how well it suits a player's style of play.

And never underestimate diversity. One of the reasons that the "n00bmar" earned it's unfortunate title (undeserved in the case of some HUmars, myself included...XD) was it's sheer prevalence amongst players. Now imagine BB full of identikit RAcasts or RAmarls all packing the same "best" weaponry *shudder*

Saiffy
Oct 19, 2005, 06:41 AM
If a RAmarl and HUcast have level 30S/D/J/Z, how the fuck are you outdamaging him? If ANY other HU/RA has the same support techs as RAmarl, they'll outdamage them. And it's as simple as, RAmarl has the worst ATP out of all of them. And RAmars can even outhit RAmarls too(But all the RAs have ridiculous ATA.)

Maybe you can out-hit a HUcast(And therefore do more damage if they keep missing, but then a RAmar can outdamage you(I'll let you win on one thing and say RAcast ATA is so much more inferior, but it isn't, and the two RA droids could outdamage you too)), but you're not outdamaging him. There's a clear difference between the two, and I'm a little sick of RAmarls apparent "godly" ATP that all non-FOs can beat. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-10-19 04:50 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Oct 19, 2005, 07:08 AM
Ramarls aren't gods....

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Thats why you have hucasts!

GhostScythe
Oct 19, 2005, 07:10 AM
If you're going to make a HU at least make a good one. HUcast has a max atp of 1639(very nice), high HP, and traps. I consider most other HU classes gimp since their max ATP isn't very different from RA classes. RA and FO get an advantage since they can kill at a faster rate from a safer distance. The classes(HU/RA/FO)do not balance out in the end. That is the truth. =/

Hrith
Oct 19, 2005, 07:59 AM
On 2005-10-19 02:07, ADE wrote:
Excalibur only hits up to 3 enemies, so while you're outdamaging me on three enemies by a few damage, I'm hitting 6 enemies with my Red Sword.No, I was outdamaging him taking that into account.

On 2005-10-19 03:10, hyperacute wrote:
From a statistical point of view (and with a certain array of weaponry) then quite possibly but this fails to take into account the need for a bit of diversity in the game and, above all else, personal preference.Who talked about opinions? I never interfered with personal preferences, don't assume I did.

On 2005-10-19 04:41, Saiffy wrote:
If a RAmarl and HUcast have level 30S/D/J/Z, how the fuck are you outdamaging him?Very easily, HUcast cannot use Excalibur's Berserk without missing 80-90% of the time, in Desert

If ANY other HU/RA has the same support techs as RAmarl, they'll outdamage them.I stopped reading here, sorry, n00bish posts do not interest me.
No HU/RA except HUcast can outdamage a RAmarl using Berserk, that's a fact. RAmar, the only one with better ATA, lacks the DFP/EVP and good Resta to use Berserk all the time like I do.

I have a Lv 200/182 RAmarl, a Lv 195 HUcast, a Lv 174 RAcast and a Lv 160 RAmar, I know all that from fact and from experience.

BB equipment has only made it even more true.

Saiffy
Oct 19, 2005, 08:04 AM
On 2005-10-19 05:59, Kef wrote:
I stopped reading here, sorry, n00bish posts do not interest me.

RAMARLS HAVE THE WORST ATP OF ALL HUNTERS AND RANGERS

Why is that so hard for you to understand? Yeah, you didn't read the whole post, I don't need to even defend myself, cause you're just more ignorant if you didn't read it all.

Oh wait, ignorance is a bliss.

Skorpius
Oct 19, 2005, 08:07 AM
How would a RAmarl with Berserk outdamage a HUcast with Berserk? RAmarls have lower ATP. Sure, they may have more ATA to hit more often with it, but a HUcast doesn't have to use Berserk to get high damages.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-10-19 06:13 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 19, 2005, 08:10 AM
And yet they easily deal more damage than HUmar, HUcaseal, HUnewearl, RAmar, RAcaseal, RAcast, don't judge a char from just one stat, huh?

Edit for Skorpius: because I hit with Berserk 80% of the time, at worst, HUcast hits with it 20% of the time at best.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-10-19 06:11 ]</font>

Saiffy
Oct 19, 2005, 08:12 AM
Since it wasn't obvious enough, apparently. I wasn't even talking about who can use berserk the most efficiently(Which isn't hard to do).

I'm not judging RAmarls by their ATP, I'm saying they cannot, will not, never will, do more damage then any other HU/RA with the same equipment, level and weapon. And that is fact.

rena-ko
Oct 19, 2005, 08:20 AM
i dont see this discussion lead anywhere.
if you feel that this is still a healthy thread, feel free to PM me.
until then, i'll lock it to prevent any more flames.