PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of this happen?

Retfil
Oct 19, 2005, 07:49 PM
I killed 2 Pouilly Slimes and 4 Nar Lillies on Very Hard with my Viridia char, the drop rates of a rare item was 87.5% (at least that was the information I saw on this site)

Now watch this:

Order of Monsters/Items
Nar Lilly - Monofluid
Nar Lilly - Moon Atomizer
Nar Lilly - Devil Battle (rare)
Pouilly Slime - Nothing
Nar Lilly - Meseta
Pouilly Slime - Angel/Mind

That means I'm really unlucky how it shows on my Title Name or the % on this site is wrong?
Need answers fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retfil on 2005-10-20 10:40 ]</font>

Tact
Oct 19, 2005, 07:52 PM
Yet again, the percent is right, you are unlucky. FYI, if the drop rate is 1/22, you are not absolutely sure to get the drop after 22 times. It is only an average.

Hrith
Oct 19, 2005, 07:55 PM
Rare monsters cannot drop nothing.

PJ
Oct 19, 2005, 07:55 PM
Just a little pointer, all rare enemies drop anything rates are 100% (Not ever their rare drops of course), but with Pouillies, if you split the Pofuillies to get them to appear, and kill one of the Pofuillies first, the rest of the Slimes split from that "Family" won't drop anything.

EDIT: Kef beat me to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-10-19 17:56 ]</font>

Retfil
Oct 19, 2005, 07:56 PM
Yea, but this time the average is 90%, and on 6 times I got one.
I was wondering, how are the averages of this site (%) made? I mean, how they can be so sure?
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'm just intrigued and irritated XD
Sorry http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PJ
Oct 19, 2005, 07:57 PM
The rates are from the game data, so yeah, bad luck.

The only rates that aren't 100% are those for Episode 4, but that's Blue Burst only so yeah.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and technically, the rare enemy rate, if you've heard it (If not, 1/512) is also not 100% sure, since there is no evidence in the game data to support this (Unless someone found something when I wasn't looking http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), and is just an estimated guess. But it's the accepted rate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-10-19 17:59 ]</font>

Retfil
Oct 19, 2005, 08:01 PM
Just a little pointer, all rare enemies drop anything rates are 100% (Not ever their rare drops of course), but with Pouillies, if you split the Pofuillies to get them to appear, and kill one of the Pofuillies first, the rest of the Slimes split from that "Family" won't drop anything.

EDIT: Kef beat me to it.

[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-10-19 17:56 ]

I think you are right, but wrong, because the Last Pouilly killed is the one that drop the item, now after your comment I'm sure, because on my last topic (Pouilly Slime Question) a guy said that it was just no-luck but watch this: I found a Pouilly, divided it into 4, killed the Pouilly first, it didn't drop anything, then I killed the others and the last Poifuilly dropped a Sol Atomizer.
So it is the last that drop, not the first...

But just one of the monsters didn't drop anything, so the others can still be used as fact, since they dropped stuff but not rare when the average would make all drop rare...

Saiffy
Oct 19, 2005, 08:37 PM
The only way to stop slimes from dropping rares is if you split the original at least once, kill the original and then pipe back up. The slime should still be there, but it and any slimes splitted from it will never drop anything.

And yeah, rare monsters always drop an item ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffy on 2005-10-19 18:38 ]</font>

Retfil
Oct 20, 2005, 12:38 PM
I thought that when you piped all copies disappeared.

PS: My way prevent the Pouilly to drop rare items too.

PS2: Just noticed, the second Pouilly drop was an Angel/Mind, not another "Nothing"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retfil on 2005-10-20 10:40 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Oct 20, 2005, 02:14 PM
With the rare monster hunting with Adam:
Nar Lily - Monofluid
Mil Lily - Monofluid
Hallo Rappy - Monofluid
Pouilly - Monofluid

(Dunno what Adam got with the Al & Hildeblue...) but I'm guessing our Torr will drop us a Monofluid http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Retfil
Oct 20, 2005, 03:40 PM
Wee I'm not alone! :/