PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to ask.. what is the most active and secure? GC, PC, D

Mysticales
Oct 19, 2005, 08:34 PM
Hello, 1st post here, so pick on the noobie lol.

Anyways.. I own V1 Dreamcast PSO and the Eppy 1+2 GameCube version.

I do have a patched freeserver PC version which is nice..

Anyways my question is.. I was tempted to come back to PSO, and well.. was wondering, I know free servers arent talked about here, so my wonder is this..

Dreamcast as I know is dead, correct?

So that leaves PC, GC and Xbox.

Which version between Xbox and GC has more players? IS GC online even WORTH it? Or is Xbox better?

Just looking where to invest in I guess.. Unless you all say free servers is the way to go on consoles.. just trying to see where to play I guess and what to do... would hate to invest in one console if I had to and then find out that the other console was better. Unles Xbox and GC accounts are linked up? (meaning I could login GC and have the same account paid for on Xbox?)

Just so new to the whole new era.. I played when PSO was on DC before the hacks etc. =/

Anyways, if any kind soul can enlightnen me, would be great, Thanks. =)

kazuma56
Oct 19, 2005, 08:55 PM
Well if you're looking to pay for the game, the new Blue burst PC version is the most secure version, X-box and GC are slightly improved compared to DC v2, but not as good as BB is, you can still ose all your progress due to FSOD.

The only problem with BB ATM is duping and weapon hacks, but not as bad as losing your whole character data or Noling and all that other stuff.

Mysticales
Oct 19, 2005, 09:05 PM
My friend just showed me the BB version.. that looks hot.. and I can remake my orig char...
http://www.darkmystics.com/pso.shtml

IF I invest, I wanna be on the best there is, which I guess WOULD be BB. I mean whats played more tho? GC or Xbox?

Also.. just for referance.. BB doesnt have free servers "yet" I take it?
I KNOW PC 1+2 do.. I also heard of free DC ones, but since I dont have the broadband adapter, pointless to talk about, GC I could get online with however.

Just trying to see where everyone is. Looks almost like PSo BB is a WoW type interface now heh.

metatime
Oct 19, 2005, 10:29 PM
Ehh Kazuma FSOD only makes you lose items not character, thats FSODX. Half of FSODX that I know is from users who shut of their GC or the power went off during a save. NOLing to my knowledge can't be done on GC either, only on DC. The worst a person can do on GC is FSOD and rarely FSODX.

Back to Mysticales question, if you want the most secure PSO experience go right to BB.

Mysticales
Oct 19, 2005, 11:01 PM
Well after learning it IS 1+2+4, was like WOOT so 2 others of my friends are signing up now. =DDDD

kazuma56
Oct 20, 2005, 11:53 AM
forgot they split up the 2 FSOD's...but FSODX can happen due to the whole bad packet sending thing while entering a game (double save) and corrupt (highly likely, few have survived) all your data.

aclors
Oct 20, 2005, 12:03 PM
On 2005-10-19 21:01, Mysticales wrote:
Well after learning it IS 1+2+4, was like WOOT so 2 others of my friends are signing up now. =DDDD

Well, if you need any help on bb, send me a pm or im and I'll be happy to help you out. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

dragoon-girl
Oct 20, 2005, 01:31 PM
On 2005-10-20 09:53, kazuma56 wrote:
forgot they split up the 2 FSOD's...but FSODX can happen due to the whole bad packet sending thing while entering a game (double save) and corrupt (highly likely, few have survived) all your data.

I hate hearing about this stuff.. cause it makes me so uneasy ><;

Mysticales
Oct 20, 2005, 02:07 PM
Sure, I would love some help later on tonight maybe to rebuild myself.

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=22478

Small info thread about our game last night. =D

We will play tonight closer to 10pm EST once I am out of work.