PDA

View Full Version : section ID for armor rares

Derek0660
Oct 20, 2005, 08:50 PM
If I want to find rares that are armor/shields, which ID should I use?

I have a (relatively) low level Ramarl (bluefull) and Hucast (redria).
I have a nice Skyly.
I have a crappy Whitill.
I would rather not start a new character.

Blitzkommando
Oct 20, 2005, 08:55 PM
Out of your IDs, Redria would likely be the easiest.

Redria finds Secret Gear at double the rate of any other ID. And, Secret Gear is a great barrier up until something like, Tripolic, Standstill Shield, or the like. Heck, it is good to continue using if you don't find either of those.

Redria also finds decent armors throughout the game. I would just look up what armors you are looking for in the guides and decide from the choices of IDs which to use. http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=listarticles&secid=9

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-10-20 18:56 ]</font>

Derek0660
Oct 20, 2005, 08:58 PM
I don't know what to look for in armor!
what is good dfp/evp for shields/armor?

Blitzkommando
Oct 20, 2005, 09:04 PM
Armor is more than just DEF and EVP. I didn't suggest specific types because I don't know what levels your characters are and where and how you play.

Aura Field is generally called the best armor of Gamecube/Xbox PSO as it has the highest EVP and DEF as well as decent resistances. However, some people (myself included) don't care much for the animation. Unfortunately, it is "fleshy" only, as in, no androids can use it. It is also the second highest level requirement armor, under the inferior (statwise) Virus Wear: Lafuteria. They require levels 152 and 156 respectively.

A good armor for both fleshy and android alike is DF Field. It has decent resistances, no effects on status, and is hardly noticable when worn. DF Field is easier to find given your IDs, and has much lower level requirement, at level 131.

Really though, I would need a bit more information to give any real help for this.

Derek0660
Oct 20, 2005, 09:18 PM
Hucast redria lv 35
Skyly HUneweral lv 75
Blufull ramarl lv 21
whitill fomar lv 11

anything else?

Skorpius
Oct 20, 2005, 10:15 PM
I'd suggest playing the game more and getting more levels before you really worry about armors. At your point in the game, it's more important to understand the game and how it works.

Fossil
Oct 21, 2005, 04:24 AM
Lvl 101 is when you can REALLY start worrying about rare armors and actually making your character stronger defensively.

Neith
Oct 21, 2005, 06:15 AM
Level 75 your highest character? You don't need to worry about armor yet then, the standard armor from the shop is fine up until around 101.

I think Redria gets an easy Sacred Cloth drop, but that armor's DFP and EVP aren't great, and requires lv144 to use. In my opinion, damn good armour later on though, since it makes you immune to Paralysis, pretty useful in areas like Temple.

Hmm, there's a Luminous Field drop from a Sinow Blue with your Skyly (1/1707 I think). That is really nice armour with decent DFP/EVP, and a nice visual effect. The only downsides being that it drains HP (some people don't like that, but the rate it drains it is slow, so no worries), and the fact the drop is in Ultimate Mines, which isn't the easiest area..

As said, Redria is probably your best bet for armor overall, Skyly being awful for it.

One drop I almost forgot is Electro Frame (for your droid), from a Whitill Ult Temple Love Rappy (1/2). Nice easy drop, and pretty good armor, but droid only.

I'm getting into a habit of spelling 'armor' the American way.. it's 'armour' dammit! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Derek0660
Oct 21, 2005, 09:32 AM
On 2005-10-20 20:15, Skorpius wrote:
I'd suggest playing the game more and getting more levels before you really worry about armors. At your point in the game, it's more important to understand the game and how it works.

Shut the hell up. I know damn well how the game works.

I just figured out how to turn more than one enemy part into a weapon, so now i gots a Delsaber's sheild and a Delsaber's Buster.
note: Before, I thought that you could only make one weapon per difficulty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-10-21 07:35 ]</font>

Dana
Oct 21, 2005, 09:36 AM
On 2005-10-20 19:04, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:

A good armor for both fleshy and android alike is DF Field. It has decent resistances, no effects on status, and is hardly noticable when worn. DF Field is easier to find given your IDs, and has much lower level requirement, at level 131.121

Really though, I would need a bit more information to give any real help for this.

Either Lumi/DF field...Yellowboze FoS runs for lumi and...>> i forget runs for DF, i think redria is best!

Forte1224
Oct 23, 2005, 07:32 PM

Spaz. You shouldn't mess with someone who has such a high post count. He deserves more respect than you.

Obviously, if you just found out about enemy weapon making... you're obviously not clear about the whole game yet. Hope you use the item menu shortcut btw. lmao http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

One of the best and easiest armors to get: Guard Wave. Greenil + Fake in yellow = Good armor. Obviously, you're not up to the level though. Stick with the shop armors like they said. Unless you can find something like a DB armor, which I doubt. (I found one at level 56)

Defence > Evasion, especially at your level. If you get to a higher level, such as 100+, try to find a Kasami Bracer or a Standstill shield. Stick with a Secret Gear for now. And put some metal/budy or god/body in slots.

Derek0660
Oct 23, 2005, 09:32 PM
On 2005-10-23 17:32, Forte1224 wrote:

Spaz. You shouldn't mess with someone who has such a high post count. He deserves more respect than you.

Your post count isn't too high yourself...but this isn't about you.

Obviously, if you just found out about enemy weapon making... you're obviously not clear about the whole game yet. Hope you use the item menu shortcut btw. lmao http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I meant that I just learned how to make more than one weapon per difficulty per character.

I already had about 4 or 5 enemy weapons already.

Forte1224
Oct 23, 2005, 11:04 PM
Still close to the same thing. =P
My post count isn't high cause I don't play PSO much anymore these days and don't hang around here. But as you can see... I joined over a year ago...

Delsaber's shield and sword combo is useless. Evasion is useless in ultimate mode until you're over level 150 - 160. Really, you should make a high level greenil and get those Guard Waves. Also, try to look for some addslots... I can't find them anymore these days. Last year, I found like 20 + in 2 weeks. This year, I found none. =(

Tycho
Oct 24, 2005, 02:13 AM
On 2005-10-23 21:04, Forte1224 wrote:
Delsaber's shield and sword combo is useless. Evasion is useless in ultimate mode until you're over level 150 - 160.

Nah, EVP is underrated. When you have a lot of it (RAmarl, FOnewearl) it will work really well, it's not to be underestimated. When you have a lot of it you can block nearly every attack in most areas, which is quite useful if you're using Berserk a lot, or if you're using a Regen Gear (Adv or BP).
And I think Skorpius would like to argue that the Delsaber combo isn't useless (at least not at lower levels). :p

Skorpius
Oct 24, 2005, 02:18 AM
On 2005-10-21 07:32, Derek0660 wrote:

There isn't a reason to be rude to me, my reply was valid. Your levels are low, and you probably haven't even gotten into Ultimate Cave yet (or even Ultimate itself). Learn more about the game and get further into it before you start worrying about armors shields.

And, incase you need to know, I've played this game for two yearsm with well over 3.5k hours of gameplay.

Finally, the Delsaber Combo isn't useless. It's not useless at all, you just have to know how/where/when to use it. EVP is nice if you like the looks, EDK is great where EDK is present, Sabers are good against enemies that need to be dodged. However, it is outdone by other items (Red Saber + Att Wall), but that really doesn't matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-10-24 00:22 ]</font>

Derek0660
Oct 24, 2005, 03:36 PM
On 2005-10-24 00:18, Skorpius wrote:

Your levels are low, and you probably haven't even gotten into Ultimate Cave yet (or even Ultimate itself).

Actually, I am in the Ultimate caves.

I don't want to get in an argument over what I said earlier. Let's just drop that, OK? It was too harsh, I know (now..).

I have to admit, the Sil Dragon was a challenge.

Chances are, I have had the game for longer than you. I'm not saying I have, I'm just saying I probably have 'cause I got it a few weeks after it came out.

I have played the game for at least 3 years.

I don't remember excactly when it came out, but I think it was around 2001-2002.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Derek0660 on 2005-10-24 13:44 ]</font>

Forte1224
Oct 25, 2005, 06:39 PM
On 2005-10-24 00:18, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-10-21 07:32, Derek0660 wrote:

There isn't a reason to be rude to me, my reply was valid. Your levels are low, and you probably haven't even gotten into Ultimate Cave yet (or even Ultimate itself). Learn more about the game and get further into it before you start worrying about armors shields.

And, incase you need to know, I've played this game for two yearsm with well over 3.5k hours of gameplay.

Finally, the Delsaber Combo isn't useless. It's not useless at all, you just have to know how/where/when to use it. EVP is nice if you like the looks, EDK is great where EDK is present, Sabers are good against enemies that need to be dodged. However, it is outdone by other items (Red Saber + Att Wall), but that really doesn't matter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-10-24 00:22 ]</font>

Well, I guess some people like evasion better.

I tend to think it's useless since many enemies I face can easily hit me with the combo since i tried. Those Indi Belras are evil. Lol.

Neith
Oct 25, 2005, 06:45 PM
EVP is nice, I have 1006EVP on my HUcaseal *hugs Kasami Bracer*, and the majority of Ult Forest, Cave, Temple enemies get blocked.

Can be really handy, but a pain if you're surrounded, you can't get any attacks in >_>