PDA

View Full Version : Post office, I hate you.

Nai_Calus
Oct 22, 2005, 12:33 AM
So I'm waiting on a package. So it's something fairly expensive and not something that can be replaced at the drop of a hat even if it is lost and the USPS ever makes good on the insurance. -_- So, yeah, it was mailed Tuesday from Virginia, Priority Mail. I live in North Carolina. -_- So bear with me while I rant about how much I hate the post office.

Dear Post Office:

Really, I don't come in asking if I have a package and could you please, please check for me to piss you off/cause trouble/create more work for you. Yes, I know you looked yesterday, and if there actually is some retarded regulation that you can't look two days in a row, fine, though I think that's stupid, but please, you really don't have to be so rude to me when you say no. No, I will probably not be there to sign for it. No, I will not fill out the slip saying you can leave it on the porch if I miss it, because there is no fucking WAY I am letting you leave something that important and expensive on the fucking porch for 6 gazillion hours until either me or mom comes home from work. Yes, there really is a good chance that I will indeed not be home for three days in a row. No, I hadn't really planned on sitting at home on my ass on Saturday praying for the mail to show up.

Oh yeah, by the way, what the fuck takes you so long? It's bad enough when EMS takes 6-7 days because the post office is so fucking slow around here, but seriously. This one's from fucking VIRGINIA, not goddamned Korea or Japan. I know, I know, Priority is 2-3 days, but fuck, I've gotten shit in two days from Califuckingfornia before that was sent first class, so really, what the fuck is the holdup? It was mailed Tuesday. Did you lose it? And oh, please tell me you didn't, fuckers. I will maul you. And if you have, or even if it doesn't come today, I bet you'll be just as rude and unhelpful when I come in to ask you why the fuck it takes four days to get something by priority mail from Virginia to North Fucking Carolina when the states are right goddamned next to eachother.

Fuck you very much,
Ian.

Oh yes, I got a 'sorry we missed you' slip today as well. (I skipped a class and went home to go the post office and ask, and wait for the mail after the fuckers refused. No mail by 1, which is unusual on weekdays, of course.)

Dear Post Office:

I am not expecting a 'Large envelope, magazine or catalog, etc', although since I called dad tonight and he said he'd sent me something for my birthday I suppose I am now. However, I have been expecting what would be defined as a 'parcel'. Where. The. Fuck. Is. It.

Yours hatefully, Ian.

And one other thing.

Dear Post Office:

Also, when I come in tommorow to pick it up, and it is invariably NOT the package I'm expecting, do not give me shit about it when I ask if you can look to see if maybe it just got delayed a day on what I've actually been waiting for. Fuck you. I will not be able to get to you fuckers again until Wednesday at the earliest, and the mail does not come on Saturday until after you assbitches close. Look for the fucking thing.

Fuck you very much, Love, Ian.

ai_no_usagi
Oct 22, 2005, 02:29 PM
actually, while that really really sucks, for some reason, the mail in Virginia takes for-fucking-ever to get anywhere.. I don't know why, but I used to live there, and we had a check sent out on the 21st and it took 2 weeks to get there from Texas. now we live in NC again, and it gets there in a snap. so, Virginia sucks at mail.

off topic: where in NC do you live?

Skuda
Oct 22, 2005, 05:19 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

And people wonder why letters are going the way of the dinosours. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

I hope it's not fragile Ian. I swear to god they will purposly go out of their way to break it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scott_Kuda on 2005-10-22 15:19 ]</font>

SetaSoujiro
Oct 23, 2005, 07:40 PM
Can you say anger management? Seriously though I don't like to wait for mail, gets on my nerves.

Sharkyland
Oct 23, 2005, 11:32 PM
<-- works at the post office

Hmm, someone isn't doing their job right. :/ Usually for the 'Sorry We Missed You' type deal. It kinda falls into the category when it should be used:

- if the weather is horrible (like it's raining or something and the parcel can get wet or something) and cannot fit in mail box then we take it back
- or (if it's a bad neighborhood) type situation

---

Priority is a really big thing, but it's nothing major compared if you lose insured, certified, signature confirmation, express, or registered. It should get there the fastest than first class, so I'm guessing there is a mix up somewhere.

Post Office is working on a new machine that will read flats so it could be put in order, but that's a pretty difficult thing and mostly flats are done via human eyes and it sometimes gets missorted sometimes.

But that's the only thing I could tell you on what could happen.

Nai_Calus
Oct 24, 2005, 07:58 PM
Sharky: It was insured, so I had to sign for it. Still pisses me off. At least, as it turns out, they'd mis-marked the package type and it WAS what I was waiting for.

Sharkyland
Oct 24, 2005, 09:21 PM
Human error is very common in the Post Office :/ I'm very guilty of that too.