PDA

View Full Version : Shining Force NEO

InfinityXXX
Oct 22, 2005, 11:36 AM
Has anyone bought it yet?

If you have, can you tell me about w/o giving any spoilers?

Like, is it good, bad, or just down right horrible?

For those that don't know what I'm talking about heres a link

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=shiningforce

Larian
Oct 22, 2005, 07:28 PM
If you read my Hiatus post, you would know I already got it!! =P

But seriously...I've only got into the game about 2 hours and so far I am kinda disapointed. The battling is actually really smooth. I have fought a F-ton of monsters with no slow down at all. But I don't think I took more than 10 HP of damage yet! But um...What else. I actually am kinda interested in the story only because of the fact that so far it almost seems like a prequel to Legacy of Great Intention. Alas, I am still going to play it because I am Shining Force's # 1 fan and I owe my life to the game! =P

RuneLateralus
Oct 23, 2005, 03:53 AM
Is it me, or is the fact that tactical RPG being turned into a Diablo style action RPG seem a little iffy?

Being a Shining Force fan, I will check it out, but right now...I won't buy. I got 360 coming to be more concerned with.

Parn
Oct 23, 2005, 12:14 PM
This game is a significant downgrade from what Shining Force 3 established. If you want a mindless hack-and-slash with a grade-school storyline, monotonous music, all prettied up by decent graphics then by all means, buy it. As far as I'm concerned, no matter how much your try to shine a turd, it won't become a diamond. It's still a turd.

If this game succeeds sales-wise, you can say goodbye to any future tactical Shining Force games... we'll be stuck with another Shining Force Neo with yet more idiotic references to "the Force" like it were Star Wars.

If you're a Shining Force fan, you're looking in the wrong place. Those that loved the strategy/RPG elements of Shining Force need to look at Fire Emblem on GameCube, which was just recently released. Nintendo is pretty much picking up Sega's slack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-10-23 10:15 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Oct 23, 2005, 01:20 PM
I wish I had a block buster card so I can just rent it. My only worry with it is the difficulty. Based off what Larian says, it seems like it may be to easy.

ANd I would be real pissed If I wasted 50 bucks on a really easy game.*cough* Viewtiful Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-10-23 11:20 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 23, 2005, 01:36 PM
Shining Force has always been a series where you normally do no more than 10 hp of damage. if this is stll here, damn its good to have sf back

ABDUR101
Oct 23, 2005, 02:18 PM
On 2005-10-23 11:36, Jonathan_F wrote:
Shining Force has always been a series where you normally do no more than 10 hp of damage. if this is stll here, damn its good to have sf back

On 2005-10-22 17:28, Larian wrote:
But I don't think I took more than 10 HP of damage yet!

Mixfortune
Oct 23, 2005, 07:14 PM
On 2005-10-22 17:28, Larian wrote:
I actually am kinda interested in the story only because of the fact that so far it almost seems like a prequel to Legacy of Great Intention.

Hopefully it does a slightly better job at it than Shining Soul.

I'll probably 'switch over' to Fire Emblem once I'm able to afford buying a new game. While of course I had been wishing for a while now for a new Shining game akin to 1/2/Hadja, I somewhat "accepted" the new branches of games because of the name alteration that came with it. Shining Soul, Shining Tears, etc. but Shining Force as the name should equate to just that... a Shining FORCE style game. Ah well.

I may give Neo a rental or something, but if I could skip over Tears without much heartbreak, can most likely pull off the same for Neo.

Besides, still have Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon playthroughs to work on http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Larian
Oct 23, 2005, 11:12 PM
OHHHHH HEYYYY!! On the back of my manual, there is an ad for PSU...there are only 3 screenshots and it's not really anything anyone hasn't seen!

But I will probally post an update once I get more into the game...and maybe some screen caps too! =P

Oh and...I also agree that Shining Soul was really screwed up storywise...Like how you can fight SF3's Colossus and Bulzome! Sure...they probally existed...But...but...Just...NO!

Hey, and when did Chaos become a Centuar based robot?

Oh and finally one more thing before I shut up tonight! =P I actually really enjoyed shining Tears...And not once did they intentionaly try to drag any other shining game refrence into it. The story was really strong and very in-depth also. I liked it!