PDA

View Full Version : Just started playing again, quick question...

Xellos182
Oct 22, 2005, 11:18 PM
I haven't played this game for like 2 years, but I've been bored to death lately so after a couple days offline I'm back online.

Are there any things online that I need to watch out for (i.e. to avoid FSODers)? Is there anything worse than FSOD these days? It's annoying, but losing Trifluids and a Scape Doll isn't really a big deal, memory card being wiped would be a bit more frustrating. I've seen posts about not playing in non-passworded games, but since I don't know anyone online I don't really have much of a choice, and playing single player online would defeat the purpose of going online. Are there any online new online quests or Halloween things worth doing (rappies that drop jackolanterns)? I'm on GCN version if it makes a difference.

whiteninja
Oct 23, 2005, 01:24 AM
There are more things than FSOD that can happen to you nowadays. Most of them can be stopped by duping backups, staying away from the popular hacker blocks (like Antares 8 which, ironically enough, is PSOW's official block), and using the following program:

Edit: To be safe, I'll remove the link until a Mod gives the OK.

(Am I allowed to post that? It's not an AR code or anything, just a firewall program you run on the computer that blocks FSOD and you can't use it to cause FSOD, so it's okay right? If not, then please remove the link.)

Try to only play in passworded games too... if you don't know anyone to play with online, then arrange some games with people here until you know some people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whiteninja on 2005-10-23 09:42 ]</font>

EJ
Oct 23, 2005, 02:39 AM
I don't think it's allow to post a link to a program to prevent FSOD.

Natron
Oct 23, 2005, 07:25 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't be, isn't kind of helping to stop hackers. Mabe I'm looking at it the wrong way though.