PDA

View Full Version : General thoughts on BB

Natron
Oct 23, 2005, 07:29 AM
I just got online (natron7 7)with BB and have really enjoyed the change from offline GC. I was pretty impressed with how smooth things were for the most part, and how lagging was minimal. Just wondering, what are everyone else's thoughts on it?

Neith
Oct 23, 2005, 08:02 AM
Great game, terrible EU/US community.

Would've played for longer, but the community was just awful on the whole.

Some nice players, but it seemed that for every 1 nice player, there were 3 dupers, or people screaming 'H4X' >_>

rena-ko
Oct 23, 2005, 08:17 AM
crippled word select, no international linking -> no real c-mode community, government quests take ages, some quests are joinable and some arent, changing room only for teams, problems with IME, you get disconnected when you try to pick up more than 2 items per second, changing chars takes actually longer than on cube because the client goes through the patching check again, limit to 4 chars, your account gets deleted after 80 days of inactivity.

and on the good part:
ep4 is sorta interesting and the new rares are pretty good (and actually more or less findable).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-10-23 06:19 ]</font>

Rydius
Oct 23, 2005, 09:08 AM
Not bad in my opinion, although people tend to ignore you if you need help on a quest.

Most of the bad things have been covered in previous posts.

Para
Oct 23, 2005, 11:33 AM
Problems with IME? Why would English BB require IME?
I can understand that with JP BB which I am playing.

I think the government quests are fine since you only need to play through them once. Not to mention gives more variety on monster hunting.

Tycho
Oct 24, 2005, 02:31 AM
On 2005-10-23 09:33, Nites wrote:
Problems with IME? Why would English BB require IME?
I can understand that with JP BB which I am playing.

To type Japanese, why else? :P

I think the government quests are fine since you only need to play through them once. Not to mention gives more variety on monster hunting.

Yeah, only once... for 41 quests, in 4 difficulties, for each of your characters. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-10-24 00:31 ]</font>

Skorpius
Oct 24, 2005, 02:35 AM
A horrible standard that seems to have appeared, despite the lack of proper accessability.

Mac users, and even PC users that don't have the specs to properly run BB, and those without Credit Cards, are suddenly put on the back burner (standard wise) because BB has Ep4.

When I see Excalibur, Heavenly/Crap, or RANDOM OVERPOWERED ARMOR, on anyone's "Recommended Equipment", I'll shoot them in the face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-10-24 00:36 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 24, 2005, 07:28 AM
On 2005-10-24 00:35, Skorpius wrote:
When I see Excalibur, Heavenly/Crap, or RANDOM OVERPOWERED ARMOR, on anyone's "Recommended Equipment", I'll shoot them in the face.

Except that... we will >_>

I mean, if we're talking about recommended equipment based off rarity, all this Ep4 rares shouldn't exist on any list... but some people don't seem to get how rare something is, based purely off their super luck. And, as Saiffy pointed out this morning, "I FINALLY GOT [insert uber Ep4 rare item here]" Finally? It's been out for around... 3, 4 months. Not even half a year. "Finally," my ass.

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2005, 08:08 AM
Seems like a good thing at first glance, but there is more agony here than discussion.

Para
Oct 24, 2005, 02:30 PM
To type japanese??? How come the english version would require you to type japanese??? the closest thing you need to type that is in japanese in BB is hebunso for heaven in 9-6 (which is a relatively easy quest).

Nai_Calus
Oct 24, 2005, 07:49 PM
For fun, random Japanese smileys, getting a different section ID by putting your name in katakana/hirigana... Why else?

Why did I bother with it on JP BB since you technically don't need it for the JP English 'community'. Oh, but there are trade games to make and simple directions to give in cmode and simple questions to ask... XP

I'd comment on BB, but my opinions on it are well-known already anyway. XP

EJ
Oct 24, 2005, 08:00 PM
It was fun at first but after awhile I got bored of BB/PSO in general, so I'm just basically waiting for PSU to come out.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Oct 26, 2005, 02:04 AM
On 2005-10-23 06:17, rena-ko wrote:
crippled word select, no international linking -> no real c-mode community, you get disconnected when you try to pick up more than 2 items per second, changing chars takes actually longer than on cube because the client goes through the patching check again, limit to 4 chars, your account gets deleted after 80 days of inactivity.

and on the good part:
ep4 is sorta interesting and the new rares are pretty good (and actually more or less findable).

I sorely miss the ease of use of word select and controller shortcut keys for symbol chats and word select phrases.

I didn't know about that 2 item per second rule.

I was helping a player transfer items over(a big glaring problem with this version as well as the problems you listed, item transfers) and he kept getting disconnnected.

Is this some sort of half thought out/"half assed" cheating safeguard?

Not quite as bad as that double save GC problem I have read about over the years though around here, heh.

I figure BB will not be around long. Perhaps only until PSU. The community is always bitching about "needing new quests/etc. now" on the Sega official boards, the start of beta was back in May, and in 5 whole months since the game started the ships are as empty as the final days of DC PSO.

Also level 20 players joining hard games swearing at the team to die AT A BOSS because they just joined. Then they go into Ruins and get smacked around after we asked them to stay back, and not bitch if they don't have adequate healing since at that level they shouldn't be in the damn Ruins anyway. Also no hello, no grammar, no teamwork, simply: "pipe, i need bettah weps, f u usuk clumsys pen0r"