PDA

View Full Version : Really, really, really pissed off.

Neith
Oct 23, 2005, 06:55 PM
Ok, this is ridiculous. All this hating.

Before we start, I'm not homosexual, but I still stand up for equal rights.

Random guy I overheard: 'Oh, If I knew someone was gay, I'd beat the shit out of them, they deserve to die'

One of my friends tells parents about his sexuality:
His mum replies: 'Don't be dressing up around us' or words to that effect.

For fucks sake people, just because someone happens to be homosexual, doesn't automatically make them a freak, or a retard.

It really irritates me when people talk about homosexuals as if they're a disease that needs to be purged.

I mean, it's not natural I guess, but god, there's no need to sound out anything like the above statements.

Common message:

GROW THE FUCK UP.

EphekZ
Oct 23, 2005, 07:05 PM
Im pretty sure religion has a big part in all this, like in futurama people dont like anything different it confuses and scares them.

ABDUR101
Oct 23, 2005, 07:09 PM
People need something to direct disgust and anger toward, most often it's hearing about something disgusting or appalling from someone else, and then when they find out that hating this thing is ok by alot of people, it makes it easier to hate it, despise it, and toss aside the need to understand and accept it.

To see it as disgusting, unnatural, an abomination to God, and a danger to society, they are not obligated to delve into understanding, and by far, not needed to accept it.

ai_no_usagi
Oct 23, 2005, 07:21 PM
screw homophobes >_< they're the ones that deserve to die. if I heard someone saying shit like that, I'd beat the living daylights out of them, and then kick them into next week. god, shit like that pisses me off so BAD!!!

btw, how can it not be natural when there are gay dolphins? hmm? someone explain that!!! *shakes fist*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ai_no_usagi on 2005-10-23 17:22 ]</font>

EphekZ
Oct 23, 2005, 07:37 PM
On 2005-10-23 17:21, ai_no_usagi wrote:
screw homophobes >_< they're the ones that deserve to die. if I heard someone saying shit like that, I'd beat the living daylights out of them, and then kick them into next week. god, shit like that pisses me off so BAD!!!

btw, how can it not be natural when there are gay dolphins? hmm? someone explain that!!! *shakes fist*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ai_no_usagi on 2005-10-23 17:22 ]</font>

im sure a homophobe would say "well thats just a stupid animal"

ABDUR101
Oct 23, 2005, 08:09 PM
On 2005-10-23 17:21, ai_no_usagi wrote:

I was using examples of what people have said on the matter. I sure as hell don't think it's an abomination to God.

It happens in nature quite often, not just dolphins.

It all boils down to ignorance, and trust me, I hear about it quite alot in the area I live. Not the most accepting area, racists all over, so if merely having a different skintone or dating someone of a different race is looked down upon, homosexuality is right up there with taboo.

Solstis
Oct 23, 2005, 10:25 PM
You'd be surprised what you hear on a college campus. Exactly why I'm a supporter of grass-roots political activism.

(Basically, you talk to people, write a short story or two, blogs!)

At least, that's my version of it.

Hey, though, you have to realize that in any person's mind, his or her opinions are valid. It's really hard to convince someone that they're wrong, and in the attempt to do so, you might just make them even more set in their ways. Have to be subtle. Mass demonstrations and violent reactions rarely do anything but pester, annoy, and rile up the majority to react in a negative fashion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-10-23 20:28 ]</font>

plasmacutter
Oct 25, 2005, 09:54 AM
This is a generalized mindset which needs to be stomped into the ground, and it's predominantly what separates the left wing from the right in politics.

historically, republicans have always been the ones to say "my morals are my own, and if they don't directly hurt you stay the hell out of my life".

Democrats have been the ones to say "this is wrong by my point of view so i'm going to pass a law saying nobody else can do it either".

lately this has flipflopped.. or the "leave me alone" point of view has just been lost all together. Either way i think "freedom of choice" should have been explicitly given top priority in the US constitution, and worldwide as well, because that's what many other civil liberties boil down to.

unfair search and seizure = the freedom to choose who enters your home
freedom of speech = the freedom to choose to speak, (and conversely the freedom to ignore the speech of others)
freedom of religion = you choose who you worship
woman's suffrage = women choose weather to vote, and have a choice in leadership, not men in wigs hundreds of years ago.

In my view the us founding fathers did not do a proper job defining those civil liberties, all the first 10 amendmends dance around the issue of freedom of choice one way or another, but fail to hit the nail on the head. When the US government eventually collapses under it's own corruption and debt, i'll most certainly make a trek to the DC area to suggest it to the next constitution's framers.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 25, 2005, 10:42 AM
Simply put we are humans, we have frailties which we actually exploit. In the pursuit of individuality and happiness we tend to step on all that stands in our way. If there are any deviations to our own personal happiness we either try to control it, segregate it, and ultimately destroy it. We are selfish in whole. There is hardly any action we have not done that somehow doesnt benefit us. This is the price we pay for our "intellect" and "rationale".

Even the notion that we are posting our personal ideas is an attempt to be seen as the "right" thought. Who likes to be wrong, really? Even I am a prisoner to this mindset, hence why I am posting. It is a never ending cycle, we really do not know how to let things be.

And comparing animals to us is ludicrous, they are not bound by our own ideologies, they just simply exist. They do not wake each "wondering" what to do next, they just do.

Solstis
Oct 25, 2005, 11:01 AM
On 2005-10-25 08:42, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Simply put we are humans, we have frailties which we actually exploit. In the pursuit of individuality and happiness we tend to step on all that stands in our way. If there are any deviations to our own personal happiness we either try to control it, segregate it, and ultimately destroy it. We are selfish in whole. There is hardly any action we have not done that somehow doesnt benefit us. This is the price we pay for our "intellect" and "rationale".

Even the notion that we are posting our personal ideas is an attempt to be seen as the "right" thought. Who likes to be wrong, really? Even I am a prisoner to this mindset, hence why I am posting. It is a never ending cycle, we really do not know how to let things be.

And comparing animals to us is ludicrous, they are not bound by our own ideologies, they just simply exist. They do not wake each "wondering" what to do next, they just do.

I shall post, acknowloging that I agree with your statements, thus furthering myself in the eyes of others that also concur. I would usually now give another quip, mostly just to make my post a sentence longer.

Still, it's rather easy to become a nihilist when you look at the world this way, and I sometimes blind myself to what goes on around me, just for a peace of mind.

It is funny to think that my personal happiness would come at the expense of someone else. Pretty ironic considering my stance against the norm.

(For the record, I wasn't being sarcastic)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-10-25 16:36 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 25, 2005, 11:11 AM
well, its like fighting windmills if you want to change their minds. i actually just accept them as what they believe in and know that i dont have to bother with them in this question anyway. makes life easier and saves frustration, as long as i dont have to deal with them.
and one (in your eyes) false opinion doesnt make that particular person a complete waste of air. as wrong it is for them to label gays as bad that wrong is it to label them for one opinion they have. after all, everyone is free to have an opinion, as medieval it might be.

TheOneHero
Oct 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
People justify their hatred toward bi people because it's "in the bible." Sure, that may be true; but you all realize there's DOZENS of versions of the bible?

I'm sure if I said, "Sega sucks, it's in the bible." It'd probably be true.

It also pisses me off Uriko, about the way gay people are treated; but most people that treat them that way, fail to see that gay people are human too and deserve to be treated as such.

Anyway, I'm gonna head out before I start rambling. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Saiffy
Oct 25, 2005, 12:49 PM
Nothing is as simple as any of us want it to be.

*walks away from the topic*

ai_no_usagi
Oct 25, 2005, 01:01 PM
ark, didn't read the whole post >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ai_no_usagi on 2005-10-25 11:01 ]</font>