PDA

View Full Version : GC Online Experience

tbmes11
Oct 24, 2005, 03:50 AM
After 2 weeks online since joining the GC PSO online scene I experienced my first ever FSOD this Sunday night. I don't get why this person thinks it is fun or cool to FSOD me when he or she has never met, played with, or talked to me before running into me in the lobby.

I just got to say now that I have experienced FSOD I think it must be the ultimate way of showing no class at all for a individual. It is this kind of thing that turns off people to a great online game.

On a brighter note I must say that most people I have met online are nice and I hope this don't happen too often otherwise the GC PSO scene is going to get smaller and smaller with people who are turned of by it.

I wonder if most people that left PSO online for GC did for that reason?

Feelmirath
Oct 24, 2005, 04:57 AM
I think the reason a hell of a lot of people did was because of blue burst, and i must say i wasn't impressed by the game myself.
I think FSOD might have had something to do with it, but my advice would be to go to a quieter lobby, and make your friends meet you via mail. That way, you can pretty much avoid FSODers (most have moved to bb anyway)

Neith
Oct 24, 2005, 06:13 AM
I've been back online for about a week now, and have yet to be FSOD'd. Just stay out of crowded blocks and you should be fine.

I do realise getting a game going if you don't know anyone is difficult though. If you wanna play in a crowded block, use either your not-so-good equipment, or only one weapon to minimize the losses.

tbmes11
Oct 24, 2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I now put everything in my bank account and only take them out during game play.

I was wondering, can people FSOD you inside a game play or can it only be done in the lobbies?

Scejntjynahl
Oct 24, 2005, 12:42 PM
On 2005-10-24 10:37, tbmes11 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I now put everything in my bank account and only take them out during game play.

I was wondering, can people FSOD you inside a game play or can it only be done in the lobbies?

It can be done ingame as well. Like stated earlier, carry your nonessential weapons when playing with people you have yet played with. Rule of thumb, if they offer you their guild card from the beginning even before you even started playing it would be best not to accept that guild card. Play a few games, get a feel for the people, then afterwards you can suggest a trade of guildcards. Best of luck to you.