PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst soundtrack question

Sabreman
Oct 24, 2005, 11:47 AM
Does anyone here know if the Japanese version of Blue Burst comes with the soundtrack CD? The game is listed on Play-Asia but the soundtrack is not listed as a feature.

Thanks.

Para
Oct 24, 2005, 02:20 PM
I have the soundtrack. And it does come with JP BB.
You need to buy Ep4 to get the CD though.

Saffran
Oct 24, 2005, 02:21 PM
The soundtrack was a bonus for the preorders as far as I know. I don't think you can still buy it.

Plus, JP BB will turn freeware in December.

Para
Oct 24, 2005, 02:25 PM
So you're saying the soundtrack is a limited thing and that they're rare now? XD

Sabreman
Oct 24, 2005, 08:07 PM
Ah, dammit.

Thanks anyway http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Inazuma
Oct 24, 2005, 11:44 PM
if you have blue burst, you have the soundtrack. just go to your ogg folder and listen. or if youd like, convert em to mp3 and burn onto to a cd

Puppet_Papaya
Oct 25, 2005, 10:02 AM
just go to your ogg folder and listen.
Hmm, for some reason it won't let me do that.

Ryna
Oct 25, 2005, 10:08 AM
On 2005-10-25 08:02, Puppet_Papaya wrote:

just go to your ogg folder and listen.
Hmm, for some reason it won't let me do that.

What kind of error message are you getting? All the soundtrack files are in that directory.

Para
Oct 25, 2005, 02:00 PM
the thing is with the Ep4 music is that its divided up in time frames.

The only tracks that will play and convert easily are tracks Meteor Strike!, The Shell's desert, "IDOLA" The Fanatic Viper and World With Me -psobb remix-

Saffran
Oct 25, 2005, 02:05 PM
Drag and drop into Winamp 5.01. Each and every file works...

You can also copy the ogg files in another folder, so that you can have winamp on and BB running smoothly.

Guntz348
Oct 25, 2005, 07:00 PM
Hey does anyone know if BB has the Billy Hatcher song from Ep III? I tried the .ogg files but didn't find it. Someone told me its coming out on disc though.

Saske
Oct 25, 2005, 07:15 PM
On 2005-10-24 12:21, Saffran wrote:
The soundtrack was a bonus for the preorders as far as I know. I don't think you can still buy it.

Do you mean, no HL anymore ? Totally free ? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
What about the US version?

Vero
Oct 25, 2005, 07:21 PM
On 2005-10-25 17:15, Saske wrote:

On 2005-10-24 12:21, Saffran wrote:

Do you mean, no HL anymore ? Totally free ? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
What about the US version?

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the client and not the Hunter's License. The client is free for US players.

Puppet_Papaya
Oct 25, 2005, 08:44 PM
What kind of error message are you getting?
It tells me that it dosn't know what program created it.

Guntz348
Oct 26, 2005, 08:41 AM
Hey if you take a song, say an MP3 from Phantasy Star II, convert it to .oog, and then rename it as the same song that plays in ruins and put it in the oog folder, will that song play when you go into ruins?

Ryna
Oct 26, 2005, 09:51 AM
On 2005-10-25 17:00, Guntz348 wrote:
Hey does anyone know if BB has the Billy Hatcher song from Ep III? I tried the .ogg files but didn't find it. Someone told me its coming out on disc though.

I do not think the Billy Hatcher song is in BB. I do not recall seeing it on the official JP Ep3 soundtrack either.

On 2005-10-25 18:44, Puppet_Papaya wrote:

What kind of error message are you getting?
It tells me that it dosn't know what program created it.

If you are using a Windows machine, I would suggest downloading Winamp. It can play Ogg files.

Saffran
Oct 26, 2005, 12:38 PM
Hey if you take a song, say an MP3 from Phantasy Star II, convert it to .oog, and then rename it as the same song that plays in ruins and put it in the oog folder, will that song play when you go into ruins?

IIRC Blue Burst checks thiskind of things before you log on, and will patch the right file automatically.

I may be wrong though. In that case, it should work.

Para
Oct 26, 2005, 05:27 PM
The theory it should work is that it does work with limitations.

PSO music files are setup in a way they are sorta broken up into time frames or segments. Talk to Midori more about this... he knows more...

sSeldomToasTt
Oct 26, 2005, 06:40 PM
Hahaha.. I love that Halloween song!

aclors
Oct 26, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-10-26 07:51, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-10-25 17:00, Guntz348 wrote:

I do not think the Billy Hatcher song is in BB. I do not recall seeing it on the official JP Ep3 soundtrack either.

Actually, the special edition of the ep.III OST included "Chant this Charm" from Billy Hatcher.

BTW, I'm an OST expert. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Blitzkommando
Oct 26, 2005, 09:07 PM
On 2005-10-26 10:38, Saffran wrote:

IIRC Blue Burst checks thiskind of things before you log on, and will patch the right file automatically.

I may be wrong though. In that case, it should work.

It works, however, it won't loop thus leaving you in silence when the song ends.

Actually, that's not entirely true, you can make it loop. You just have to edit the OGG to loop at a specific point. I'm not entirely sure how to do this as I just turned off the music and had my MP3 playing program run in the background. I just remember reading about it and that it does indeed work.

Sabreman
Oct 27, 2005, 06:20 PM
I don't know about making them loop, but the wedding march music from the lobby got on my nerves so much that I replaced it with the boss music from Dodonpachi http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Oct 27, 2005, 06:39 PM
Ashampoo Media Player also plays .ogg files, just thought I'd let you know.