PDA

View Full Version : GC BB problems... please I wanna get online!

azjazo
Oct 24, 2005, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone, I just purchase a broadband adaptarot for my gamecube and most recently the broadband service

When I configure the service I did it automatically, and for a few minutes (2 or 3) it worked fine (in the screen when I tried to purchase the hunters licence)but then, randomly, a screen error pops up telling me someting like "gateway 1070 error, router behind router detected" or something like that and doesnt allow me to navigate or anything, this eros happen to me twice (maybe trice) and of course, I could just try over and over again but the bad thing of this is that the ISP router saves in cache an adress and doesnt let me navigate in my PC, and I need to call to Costumer Service of my ISP, and of course I ask them to give me addice to configure properly but they just keep sayin that thats not the ISP responsability.... they just told me that my account can be configured automaticalle since the PPPoE settins are saved in the router (2Wire) (and I even try to directly put the PPPoE settins in my gamecube but it doesnt work)... so.... I need help, please, I'm just a legit player that whats to feel the online comunity once, I just want my chara to walk in the lobby!!!

thanks

Note: my GC was connected directly to the modem/router/thingie that my ISP privided me, hte computer was NOT conected and even not turned on, and the distance wasent more tan 2 metters

Dhylec
Oct 24, 2005, 07:49 PM
If you want help, please see the stickies. They are guides for connecting to Sega servers. One such as this..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37273&forum=3&90
Once you tried that out & still have problem, then post it here with the needed info seen here.. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71648&forum=3&3

azjazo
Oct 25, 2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I already read those before posting, and I reread'em again after you post, but I don see the answer to my problem, so... I'll explain it the best I can

System (Gamecube, XBox, Computer)
Gamecube

Dial-up or Broadband
Broadband

Internet Service
Prodigy infinitum (Telmex, mexican phone company)

What type of Broadband (Cable or DSL)
DSL

If Broadband, what type of modem (if it has a USB or ethernet connection)
Ethernet for the 'cube, USB to my comp, none are conected at the same time

How you are setting it up (such as Broadband router, or linked through computer)
Broadband router, computer not involved

If using a router, what type (company and wired/wireless)
2wire - wired

Description of error(s)
I configure it whit the option "automatically" and worked fine for a few minutes, then when I was at the purchasing liscence screen, the screen pups out a pessage about a router behind a router detected gateway 1070 (or something) and it doesnt let me continue, even if I exit and reenter, the error keeps poping out, and the worst is that when I turn off the 'cube and try to navigate the internet in my computer (the computer an the cube NEVER are connected at the same time) an error like "this page was saved in cache due a past access" or something like that, and I need to contact Customer service to recifigure the router all from the star, this has happen twice... and I'm not trying it again whitouw a good method...

What type of cables being used
phone cord fron the phone line to the router, ethernet cabe from the router to the cube, thats all

as important notes, my computer is indeed configured as a PPPoE but if I try to donfigure the cube as PPPoE it doesnt respond, CS todl me that was because the computer has already confugure that to the router and that the 'cube just need to "ask" for an IP automatically, that way works, but as I explained before, un a minute or two that error message is poped up... please, tell some way to fix that, then I'll try it and if the error message is poped upp again I'll take a screen, but please, I dont wanna se that error message again... its a real bother to call CS to reconfigure the router settings....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azjazo on 2005-10-25 08:06 ]</font>

Ryna
Oct 25, 2005, 10:10 AM
Can you tell us the make/model number of the broadband router you are using?

azjazo
Oct 25, 2005, 10:16 AM
ISP homepage (in spanish sorry) http://www.prodigy.com.mx/infinitum_adsl/

heres the way the router is connected tho my comp (and the model looks the same)

http://www.prodigy.com.mx/tecnoayuda/infinitum/i_2w_ingles_gr/i_2w1700_ing_gr.html

my comp is conected via USB, and I try to connect the cube via ethernet, I dunno if I can provide more info about the service, but hope that helps (I'm in the office right now so I could not tell you the model of the router that I have at my home)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: azjazo on 2005-10-25 08:18 ]</font>

Ryna
Oct 25, 2005, 10:28 AM
Does your 2wire router have any part/model numbers on it? I would like to look up the literature on it, but this is compounded by the fact that 2wire puts out various types of ASDL routers.

VioletSkye
Oct 25, 2005, 12:23 PM
Since your modem stores your username and password, you do not need to select USE PPPOE in the PSO Network Options. You may need to ask your ISP if they block any specific ports. One thing you can try is powercycling the modem after you connect it to your GC (make sure the GC is turned on.) To powercycle, simply unplug the power cord (AC Adapter) from the modem for a few seconds and then plug it back in. Let the modem retrain (meaning the green lights will come back up) and then try going online with your GC.

azjazo
Oct 25, 2005, 08:04 PM
mh, the router is a 2wire HomePortal 1070 Complies with par 68, FCC rules

hope that helps, if you guys have some answers by tomorrow night I'll try'em (the powerciclyng too), hope I can meet you guys online soon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I WANT SOME MAG CELLS AND COMPLETE THE SOUNDTRACKIS THAT MUCH TO ASK??