PDA

View Full Version : Who REALLY are the natural-born gamers?

BWS-1
Sep 4, 2002, 09:11 PM
The ULTIMATE question NO ONE* asked themselves about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

*considering that less then 6% of the population wondered about it is considered as NO ONE http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spy
Sep 4, 2002, 09:16 PM
Uh...

Gamers are people who give any game a shot. Fanboys who only play one system are not true gamers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spy on 2002-09-04 19:18 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Sep 4, 2002, 09:26 PM
*tries not to abuse the bi-handed remark*

I'm..bi-handed =X

I also agree with what Spy said. A true gamer is in it for the experience, the fun, and the games to be had, not "My systum ownz joor systum!".

You cheap little bishes today, back when I was young you did'nt have a choice!

Played with rocks we did, see how many it took to go unconcious in the middle of the street, with traffic!

BWS-1
Sep 4, 2002, 09:40 PM
Well, maybe, just MAYBE(here I'm not taking the side of the fanboys, I'm just trying to resolve the mystery around the "fanboy" syndrom by trying to understand one of the reason why they might be fanboys) they are fanboys of a certain console because they are more confortable using, let say an Xbox controller pad then a PS2 controller pad ... I know that I have been a fanboy of the genesis for years, and what made me enjoy the SNES games are the emulators, cause even today, I can't stand the freaking peice of scrap plastic of the SNES controller pad (it's sooo tiny >_< grr) ... but that's just me, someone else could say the genesis pad sucked cause it was too big and AAAAAWWWW it never ends! After all, you said it yourself, ABDUR: A true gamer is in it for the experience. And I totally agree with that! Unfortunatly, if you can't enjoy the games because of the controllers, you'll never buy a console. It's most of the time just all a bunch of little things that makes the difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BWS-1 on 2002-09-04 19:55 ]</font>

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Sep 4, 2002, 09:45 PM
I used to have a left-handed friend who struggled to press the buttons on the right side of the controller accurately =>_>=. Err

I suppose the ambidextrious person would be superior, since after playing a lot and flaming people, he would be hunted down by ninjas and would most likely lose a limb. After such a loss, he would be able to continue gaming.

Kent
Sep 5, 2002, 12:12 AM
I'm pretty adept at using both my hands with, for the most part, equal dexterity, but overall I don't see myself as very dextrous person.

In other words... I type like granny.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2002-09-04 22:13 ]</font>

Danger_Girl
Sep 5, 2002, 12:43 AM
I'm wrong handed. I tend to eat with my left. On the rare occasion I am force to throw a ball its done so with my right. I write left handed, however I have no trouble or discomfort writing right handed either. Technically I imagine I would be right handed, being that my right eye is dominant. In the case of someone who is ambidextrous, I'm not sure how the whole eye dominance would play out.

So what makes a great gamer? Someone who has nothing better to do than play games around the clock. Thats like 98% of the youth of America.

Spy
Sep 5, 2002, 12:51 AM
On 2002-09-04 22:43, Danger_Girl wrote:
I'm wrong handed. I tend to eat with my left. On the rare occasion I am force to throw a ball its done so with my right. I write left handed, however I have no trouble or discomfort writing right handed either. Technically I imagine I would be right handed, being that my right eye is dominant. In the case of someone who is ambidextrous, I'm not sure how the whole eye dominance would play out.

So what makes a great gamer? Someone who has nothing better to do than play games around the clock. Thats like 98% of the youth of America.

You were right. That was your most boring post ever.

Robert_Garcia
Sep 5, 2002, 12:59 AM
Im pretty much left-handed. I mean when I first got an SNES emulator, I didnt have a joystick at the time and I set my keyboard controls to have the directional controls set for my left hand and command buttons (A,B,C,X,Y,Z,etc...blah blah) for my right hand. With a controller, Im pretty quick on the draw, especially in fighting games...even though I suck at them right now... http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/joy77.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robert_Garcia on 2002-09-04 23:16 ]</font>

Danger_Girl
Sep 5, 2002, 01:22 AM
[quote]
On 2002-09-04 22:51, Spy wrote:

[quote/]

I told you! It was just awful. I couldn't think of one clever thing to say. I tried at the end, but it just wasn't there. I obviously need to drink an adult beverage, and fast!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2002-09-04 23:23 ]</font>

Spy
Sep 5, 2002, 01:25 AM
On 2002-09-04 23:22, Danger_Girl wrote:
[quote]
On 2002-09-04 22:51, Spy wrote:

[quote/]

I told you! It was just awful. I couldn't think of one clever thing to say. I tried at the end, but it just wasn't there. I obviously need to drink an adult beverage, and fast!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danger_Girl on 2002-09-04 23:23 ]</font>

You sure you haven't been drinking too many adult bevereges?

Danger_Girl
Sep 5, 2002, 01:34 AM
Hehe...you should have seen what a mess it was before I edited it. That whole quote thing bogles my mind. . .

Maybe I need to start smoking cigarettes again or something. Or maybe its a right handed/left handed thing. I've always been one of the worst spellers on the planet. I used to tell my English prof that it was a left brain right brain thing. That must be it.

Robert_Garcia
Sep 5, 2002, 01:39 AM
Here we go again... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spy
Sep 5, 2002, 01:42 AM
On 2002-09-04 23:34, Danger_Girl wrote:
Hehe...you should have seen what a mess it was before I edited it. That whole quote thing bogles my mind. . .

Maybe I need to start smoking cigarettes again or something. Or maybe its a right handed/left handed thing. I've always been one of the worst spellers on the planet. I used to tell my English prof that it was a left brain right brain thing. That must be it.

I think it's a "I'm too lazy to learn thing".

RuneLateralus
Sep 5, 2002, 01:49 AM
I am somewhat bi-handed (it drove my father nuts that I used my silverware that was used in the left hand instead of the right). But I do not think any hand determines what type of gamer a person is.

LollipopLolita
Sep 5, 2002, 03:50 AM
bi-handed? bi-curious?

ambidextrous?

BWS-1
Sep 5, 2002, 04:14 AM
bah, close enough, at least I had the "bi" part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;