PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots and different servers on Xbox version?

Zubon
Oct 25, 2005, 07:56 AM
The subject says it all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Can you take screenshots on the Xbox version, and more importantly, can you connect to US and JP servers, 'cos it's pretty annoying having to connect to the EU servers with a peak of about 12 players in total. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubon on 2005-10-25 06:09 ]</font>

Zubon
Oct 25, 2005, 09:49 AM
Er...How come 11 people have viewed this and no one has answered yet? Surely it's a simple question, and people wouldn't come in if they didn't know the answer... :/

adamgnome104
Oct 25, 2005, 09:52 AM
I heard they're not all connected but I'm not entirely sure. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Oct 25, 2005, 09:53 AM
The only way you can take screenshots on PSOX is to use a video capture card.

The PSOX servers are isolated from one another and it is impossible to connect to them.

Also, do not double post. People will answer your questions in due time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-10-25 07:53 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Oct 25, 2005, 11:56 AM
On 2005-10-25 07:53, Ryna wrote:
The PSOX servers are isolated from one another and it is impossible to connect to them.

Ryna, how about if he buys a Japanese system and game, he then could go on a Jp ship right?

But not into an EU, correct?

I only ask because I don't have an Xbox and I find this interesting.

Ryna
Oct 25, 2005, 12:13 PM
On 2005-10-25 09:56, Scejntjynahl wrote:
Ryna, how about if he buys a Japanese system and game, he then could go on a Jp ship right?

If he has a US system and US copy of the game, he'll only be able to play on the US servers. Likewise, if he has a JP system and JP copy of the game, he'll only be able to play on the JP servers.

With this type of arrangement, you run into the problem of having low server populations.

rena-ko
Oct 25, 2005, 12:36 PM
he'd need to order not only a JP xbox and xblive account but also the game (which will be hard to track down).
or the same for the US ver.

anyway, it would be easier and cheaper with just changing over to BB.

Rydius
Oct 25, 2005, 06:50 PM
On 2005-10-25 10:13, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-10-25 09:56, Scejntjynahl wrote:

If he has a US system and US copy of the game, he'll only be able to play on the US servers. Likewise, if he has a JP system and JP copy of the game, he'll only be able to play on the JP servers.

With this type of arrangement, you run into the problem of having low server populations.

Incorrect.

I met someone who went out and bought an imported US XBOX and a copy of PSO (US again) and when he finally signed up he joined the EU servers since he was in the UK.

In short, it doesn't matter if its a US or JP system with the game, the server you go into is dependant on your location.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rydius on 2005-10-25 16:51 ]</font>

Saske
Oct 25, 2005, 07:20 PM
One question... do you still need to buy a Hunter License with the Xbox Version ? Cause that would be kinda stupid, cause you already pay for XBL...

DarkEliteRico
Oct 25, 2005, 07:24 PM
On 2005-10-25 17:20, Saske wrote:
One question... do you still need to buy a Hunter License with the Xbox Version ? Cause that would be kinda stupid, cause you already pay for XBL...

Sadly YES....it sucks

Saske
Oct 25, 2005, 07:27 PM
God, i LOVE Sega because of this wonderfull game, otherwise i HATE it cause this stupid HL!
But thank you Rico.

Delfi
Oct 26, 2005, 05:58 PM
12 people on the EU xbox servers ? would i be right in assuming that you play during the day when most of us EU xboxers are at work or school??

I play on xbox eu most days and most days there are many more than 12 ppl online during the evenings, say 6pm til 11pm?

HyperShot-X-
Nov 5, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-10-25 10:36, rena-ko wrote:
anyway, it would be easier and cheaper with just changing over to BB.

not in my case where i had to get a decent video card(GeFx 5500) for my home pc which is only 1.5 yr old and game was still lagging horribly compared to psoX after all that hassle, ...cheaper? in terms of what, a few less bucks monthly at the cost of no voice chat, no offline play for item transfers, only 4 chars to save, etc,etc, not to mention costs for PC + video card, ...no offense to you, rena-ko, but that statement was a total nonsense,

On 2005-10-25 17:20, Saske wrote:

lets not get into that one all over again pls, the fact of matter is, in short, you only pay $4.17 more per month for XBL($50/yrly subscription), in return you get online access to all other Live games for free(too many, can't even count all) as well as online security fm hackers on pso n etc,...basically, its not really stupid but rather its more like you get more than what you pay for in this case,

now onto topic,
it should be fairly easy to take screen shots for psoX w/ a video capture card on pc, personally i'm looking for a decent video card that comes w/ video capture feature if there is such one avail b/c my pc only got 1 PCI slot, anywayz it beats me why hardly no one ever post them online yet as far as im aware, ...could anyone recommend link to a cheap video caputure card possibly?

Sad to hear such low population on EU server tho, if its only pso on XBL that has closed servers unlike other XBL games, which i'm not 100 % sure of, it wouldnt be that impossbile to connect them togather afterall, its only matter of getting some attention from ST n MS to do their part...btw, i wonder how JP server is doing..

oh, just for anyone not aware, psoX-US got Halloween update as well same as EU did, ...didn't notice it on home page about it, :/