PDA

View Full Version : Best Hucast/Hucaseal Armor

Sitka
Oct 27, 2005, 12:50 PM
This is a carry-over discussion from a similar one on the BB boards.

Yesterday I acquired Black Hound Cuirass from Magenta. I've had my Hucast in the Blue Odoshi Violet Nimadou for quite some time now. I also have Crimson Coat and have had Red Odoshi, Red Coat, Electroframe, Luminous Field and Brightness Circle - so a nice selection of hucast-equippable armors.

I've gotten quite used to the speed boost of the BOVN, but am planning on trying out the BHC. The Crimson Coat sits on my Hucaseal along with red daggers, slicer and saber.

I'm just curious what other users think of the various armor options and why they prefer one over the other? I've heard several very respectable players call each of these the "best" for one reason or another and just wanted to hear a bit more discussion about it.

Saffran
Oct 27, 2005, 02:58 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't see the point of a 300 def armour. EVP makes up much more of the damage reduction.
I however don't know what visual effects it has, so maybe looks can redeem it.

Brightness Circle looks baaaah but it has 25 EDK which is a godsend.

Crimson Coat is a nice all around armour. I have yet to get one though, so I might change my mind in a couple of weeks.

BVOD looks nice, but... not enough EDK. 12 is the minimum for me.

Dana
Oct 27, 2005, 02:59 PM
well, IMO
theseare the best armors
lt. mantle-fleshies
Cromson coat+red dagger/slicers(maybe()
Rred odish(built n H/battle thingsand S&Y boost)
that 300dfp armor is meh IMO

and the old http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Aura/Lumi field
Sacred cloth

Sorry i don't know the names too well.

PJ
Oct 27, 2005, 03:57 PM
I don't know anything about the Blue Odoshi/Black Hound Cuirass, but do either of these armours have a visual appearance? I've been curious if any of the Ep4 armours had a visual appearance, otherwise, for coolness, Electro Frame http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Oct 27, 2005, 09:22 PM
No Ep4 armour has a visial effect, except Sweetheart, which uses Love Heart's.

I vote Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou for HUcast/HUcaseal, without a doubt.

Crimson Coat is only second because HUcast and HUcaseal cannot fully use Red Dagger.

Luminous Field is third, thanks to the best DFP/EVP an android can get.

Black Hound Cuirass is a joke; 300 DFP but -200 EVP, and uber crappy resistances? yeah, right...

If I changed from Luminous Field to BHC, that would mean:
+50 DFP
-334 EVP
-13 EDK

Lumi does not win, it pwns it to oblivion.

Dek
Oct 27, 2005, 09:27 PM
On 2005-10-27 13:57, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I don't know anything about the Blue Odoshi/Black Hound Cuirass, but do either of these armours have a visual appearance? I've been curious if any of the Ep4 armours had a visual appearance, otherwise, for coolness, Electro Frame http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neither armor, to my knowledge, has a visual appearance. Then again, if you consider BOVN's speed boost a visual appearance, then yes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka, to be honest, I wouldn't be so sure about the Black Hound Cuirass. While the defense is very nice, your HUcast's evasion (since it has BOVN on at the moment) would drop damatically. After all, remove the 181 the Blue Odoshi gives and then reduce your overall by 200 more? O_o No thanks...

Also, the resistances would drop by 6 in each area. Now I'm not sure where exactly you hunt, so either you use resistances a lot or you just say "screw it" and go all out http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Red Odoshi doesn't have much of a point since you have Blue Odoshi. The only exception is if you give ROD to your HUcaesal.

Crimson Coat? Though one. However, I have seen FOmarls, in the past, use slicers very effectively. Perhaps a FOmarl with a fully ground Red Slicer with some hit would be your next project? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

my two cents...

AxelgearVII
Oct 27, 2005, 09:48 PM
Blue Odoshi for a HUcast because of the speed boost,evasion boost (HUcasts have crap EVP), and Im an S&Y fanatic. The poor def boost compared to other armors is negligible because HUcasts will naturally have high def. Throw on a standstill sheild until higher levels if you think its necessary to make up the difference.

Tycho
Oct 28, 2005, 03:36 AM
On 2005-10-27 10:50, Sitka wrote:
- Black Hound Cuirass
- Blue Odoshi Violet Nimadou
- Crimson Coat
- Red Odoshi (Black Nimaidou? XP)
- Red Coat
- Electroframe
- Luminous Field
- Brightness Circle

Okay, so..
Red Coat < Crimson Coat, Red Odoshi < Blue Odoshi and Electro Frame < Luminous Field (HP drain is neglible), so that's easy.
Brightness Circle is excellent in Megid-ish areas (otherwise you're going to have to make up for it using Resist/Devils, Divine Protections or Excalibur + Tellusis), but otherwise not that great compared to the other armors.
Crimson Coat is nice, until you get weapons that are better than the boosted Red weapons.
Unlike HUcaseal, HUcast will not need any less units to max out on base stats at level 200. I'd say you can do interesting things with that one unit; fill it up with an Adept, and the EDK/ELT difference with Luminous Field is back to only 1 point, and you would have 14 more EFR/EIC/ETH and 20 extra ATA compared to Luminous.
As for BHC vs LF; it all depends. HUcaseal's EVP is naturally high, so for her BHC would not be a very good choice. For HUcast however, I think it really depends. If you're going to play in an area in which the physical damage is so high BHC's extra points won't reduce it by much while LF's EVP boost would make you able to dodge those (ep1): go for it. In relatively low-damage high-ATA areas (ep2) BHC might reduce the damage you take by 75% though, so it all depends on the stats of your character and environment.
As for ep4; no Megid and a lot of attacks that are unrelated to your DFP/EVP, so provided you have a FO to back you up, don't think about defenses as much, but just use BOVN and go all out.

Saffran
Oct 28, 2005, 04:31 AM
Brightness Circle is excellent in Megid-ish areas (otherwise you're going to have to make up for it using Resist/Devils, Divine Protections or Excalibur + Tellusis),

I seriously have my doubts here. With a BC, a Delsaber Shield and 3 Res Devil, you can survive any megid attack and have a free slot open (for, say, Heavenly Battle or V101).

But without the BC, you will need all the slots to get that high EDK so basically either you take BC and protect yourself with high EDK, or you ditch the BC and the EDK altogether.

Which reminds me I still need to trade for a gratia and a rupika to conduct experiments in PW4.

Hrith
Oct 28, 2005, 08:22 AM
Suggesting BHC in Ep2 is stupid, Tych. It has 2 EDK, and Ep2 is a Megid wasteland.

And I never saw BC as a compulsory armour, myself, Saffran. I can get my EDK high enough to be immune to most Megid with Sacred Cloth or Lieutenant Mantle.
Protecting yourself from Deldepth/Gran Sorcerer/Del Lily Megid is a drastic mistake. The areas they appear in will be a lot more deadly if you do not have the proper cure units than if you have 80+ EDK.

I still regard Crimson Coat as the best armour in this game, but you have to remember BOVN is the only armour with Sacred Cloth to allow you to remove a unit.

Saffran
Oct 28, 2005, 08:48 AM
And I never saw BC as a compulsory armour, myself, Saffran. I can get my EDK high enough to be immune to most Megid with Sacred Cloth or Lieutenant Mantle.

But that's precisely my point.
If you use up your slots to get 80+ EDK, all the while knowing full well that you STILL will have to dodge Del Lily-Deldepth-Ill Gill then there's no point to getting 80+ EDK altogether. You might as well stay with 0 EDK and equip whatever you want.

If you equip EDK, 95 is the way to go. And 95 EDK with one slot free to at least have some decent effect (cure freeze anyone?) means you MUST use an armour with 25 EDK. And there are only 2 of them if I'm not mistaken: Brightness Circle and Commander Uniform.

Of course, I should admit I am making a real fuss over EDK. That goes as far as unequipping my battle unit in PW4 to put on some fire resistance...

Hrith
Oct 28, 2005, 11:24 AM
hehe http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What did you want to try with Rupika and Gratia? I have both.

Saffran
Oct 28, 2005, 12:28 PM
Ahm, I'm not sure if Rupika has indeed 25 EDK, and I'd like to see how much I can rely on the EVP it has.
As for Gratia, I want to test if you survive PW4 with "only" 94 EDK, because that would seriously own.
89 EDK isn't enough for both Del Lily Megid and Ill Gill Scythe. I have yet to try Mil Lilies as well. (Mil Lilies: no death from 10 megids at 95 EDK so far)

Hrith
Oct 28, 2005, 01:44 PM
I died from an Ill Gill at 110 EDK. Well, on Gamecube.

I'll try when PW#4 is released.

And yeah, Rupika has 25 EDK.

Rupika = 12/12/12/25/0
Gratia = 34/34/34/24/24

Dana
Oct 28, 2005, 03:03 PM
I think that in BB
Lt. mantle, BVRO, sacred cloth, and Lumi/df field(higher elk/edk, and only slighly different stats)aura field and crimson coat of course.

with
Rupika, gratia, Standstill shield(maybe)
Cure/--
--/Battle
v1/80-
resist/devil

these seem to be the best set up for any character!

the 300 dfp armor seems like a waste of stats IMO.
lose of so much evasion>.> and too much dfp can sometime be bad thing(so i hear from online>.>)

I like evp, i have been a max evp Ramarl for the last 28 levels(cough too much evp mats cough) and i can easily evade thing in ruins/seabed*squiddies(and in multimode too)

Tycho
Oct 29, 2005, 05:58 AM
Good point about BHC I guess.
About EDK, you'd need 100 for Dels/Mils, but 999999999999999 won't be enough to survive Ill Gill's scythe. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Saffran
Oct 29, 2005, 06:59 AM
I say it all the time but nobody's listening or something: You block all Megid attacks at 95 EDK. INCLUDING Ill Gill Scythe on BB.
I must test Mil Lilies longer though. I have never died from their Megid - but I have never stood in their fireline for more then 10 shots in a row.

Neith
Oct 29, 2005, 07:06 AM
Hmm, Ive done tower runs a few times with high EDK, and Ill Gill scythe ALWAYs kills me, unless you freeze it as it's about to strike.

Remember, the Ill Gill scythe attack isn't Megid, it's just an instant-kill attack, so it may be unblockable.

Hrith
Oct 29, 2005, 07:41 AM
I need to test SotH to see if that was changed on BB.

Confused Ill Gills kill Delbiters in one strike, and they have 95 EDK. I'm 100% sure of that.

Confused Ill Gills can kill any non-miniboss monster (Gibbles, Gi Gue, Merikle, Mericarol, Mericus, Epsilon) in one strike of its purple scythe, including itself, and Ill Gill has 105 EDK.

Saffran
Oct 29, 2005, 10:47 AM
From the GC boards apparently:

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/pso/bbs/g/gcsecret/170/eikbmb/eikbmb.html

This was tested on version 1.1 in East Tower.
EDK 100: 0 death after 100 strikes
EDK 95: 1 death after 100 strikes (death occurred at strike 97)
EDK 80: 14 deaths (6-7-9-17-23-32-47-72-74-83-85-87-94-97)
EDK 0: 100 deaths within 100 strikes.

From my tests: (PW4 first room, jp BB)
EDK 98: 1 death after 8 tries.
EDK 104: 0 death after 53 tries (I ran out of money for mates)

I stand corrected. Will have to try for Del Lilies and Mil Lilies.

Noteworthy?
A critical hit from them means 1176 HP damage, more or less. (without support magic) If you want to test this yourself, bring a fleshie http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2005-10-29 08:57 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 29, 2005, 01:06 PM
I have done over 250 WT runs, and nearly 80 PW#4 runs, I can assure you confused Ill Gills kill each other without any damage number showing up >_>

I always die from it, but I barely bring EDK in Towers.

Saiffy
Oct 29, 2005, 01:13 PM
On 2005-10-29 11:06, Kef wrote:
I have done over 250 WT runs, and nearly 80 PW#4 runs, I can assure you confused Ill Gills kill each other without any damage number showing up >_>

I always die from it, but I barely bring EDK in Towers.

It's how I solo to the 10th floor without dying, have one Ill Gill kill the other.

Dana
Oct 29, 2005, 01:14 PM
so is ill gillys attack INSTANT DEATH or megid based?

Saffran
Oct 29, 2005, 01:15 PM
I know, I've seen them kill each others too.
The first thing that came to mind though was "huh? They can be killed with Megid?"
Is there some way to know their stats? Tycho lists 105EDK but I suppose he has the numbers from you. Did you look into the disk data? (on GC I mean)

Hrith
Oct 29, 2005, 03:16 PM
I took my info there: http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary.php?location=7&artid=341&version=v3

I know it contains several mistakes (Mericarol has 30 ESP, not 100), but it's been very accurate in most of my research.

I never was able to kill Ill Gill with Megid Lv.30, and I did try.

Sitka
Nov 1, 2005, 12:48 PM
This has been a topic of great and intelligent discussion without any significant flaming - how refreshing.

I appreciate everyone's insight and will probably put the Black Hound Cuirass up for auction on the BB boards, but only if Kef promises not to post on the auction http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So, probably going with this until I can obtain better:

Hucast (lvl 156): Blue Odoshi Violet Nimadou
Hucaseal (lvl 80): Crimson Coat
Fonewm (lvl 90): Guard Wave (Smoking Plate in bank)
Ramarl (lvl 4): Frame (Sweetheart in bank)