PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Seat of the Heart Requirements?

BahnKnakyu
Oct 27, 2005, 04:50 PM
Obviously the GC SotH guide can't apply to PSOBB, as areas have to be unlocked differently. However, seems like there's been a recent "feature" going around that allows one to have access to all areas in Ep1 and Ep2 off the bat, but whatever.

Anyway, a friend of mine is unable to start the SotH quest - says he needs to be at a certain point.

In the previous versions of PSO, you could simply get to that point by beating the bosses to unlock the next area, however in PSOBB, the areas were "unlocked" by completing the gov't quest that's related to it in Normal. However, a few weeks ago they removed this restriction, which has caused much confusion as to what the heck is going on.

From what I can tell, it appears you need to beat the gov't quest related to that area in *that* particular difficulty to play in that area. e.g., you must be finished with 7-5 to be able to play SotH.

Anyone have any idea?

aclors
Oct 27, 2005, 06:16 PM
That seems to be right. I know that to unlock the 1-player quests of a certain dungeon, you need to have beat all the gov quests up to the ones of that dungeon. I know that to normally play SoH on the GC, you need to have already unlocked Seabed, so it makes sense that you would have to beaten 7-5.

Para
Oct 27, 2005, 06:57 PM
I don't think you need 7-5 beaten... As I recall... I think I finished up to 7-1 then started on towers. Also you need to finish up to 4-1 for Episode I.

Rydius
Oct 27, 2005, 07:54 PM
On 2005-10-27 16:16, aclors wrote:
That seems to be right. I know that to unlock the 1-player quests of a certain dungeon, you need to have beat all the gov quests up to the ones of that dungeon. I know that to normally play SoH on the GC, you need to have already unlocked Seabed, so it makes sense that you would have to beaten 7-5.

I agree with this. When I tried to play SotH for the first time on Xbox, it told me that I needed to be at a certain point in Episode 2 to access it, this being unlocking Seabeds for the first time per difficulty.

Since SotH is part of the storyline, it would require you to "unlock" seabeds via the Gov/Lab quests just like the offline mode on a console. So doing the quests up to completion of 7-5 would have to be done.

WhiteDisciple
Oct 29, 2005, 09:48 PM
I could play Seat of the Heart after finishing 7-5, so you have to do at most up to that. I didn't try it at 7-1, though so who knows.

Seat of the Heart is quite hard. I tried it at level 75 on normal and it was kind of aggravating. Traps galore, and beware the Ill Gills. If I wanted Ragol Ring, I'd have to do all the requirements on Hard since its too late on Normal, but I dunno if I wanna attempt SotH on Hard right now...

Ryna
Oct 30, 2005, 05:02 PM
I updated the Seat of the Heart guide so that it lists the requirements to unlock it on Blue Burst. Please let me know if there are any other differences.