PDA

View Full Version : offical site updated (again.... oct 28)

kazuma56
Oct 28, 2005, 03:50 AM
they added some new things in the system and network area.

They showed of the party system with a few pics of online characters roaming and fighting. They also introduced the new "cut in chat" which replaces the symbol chat used in PSO, also with pictures.

they also show the photon arts that the famitsu magazine had showed, providing a few different pictures then what was shown in those scans from various weapon types.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-10-28 01:52 ]</font>

kazuma56
Oct 28, 2005, 03:57 AM
As D-Sun mentioned, they also updated the character page adding a guy by the name of Kou Taragi, with some sample voice clips.

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 04:48 AM
That's cool, I might have to check it out.

Sakrei
Oct 28, 2005, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the news, kazuma. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I checked the site, and I'm liking the Photon Arts. Another tick on my wish list. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I always wanted Hunters to be able to use true special moves. A few of them look like wind property (if that exists in PSU).

The new Cut in Chat is different. I'm not sure what I think of it, I would need to see how exactly it works and if there is flood control or even an option to block it (stop spamming). I always wanted to see expressions on characters, but this might be a little too intrusive. Just have to experience it to make up my mind.

therealAERO
Oct 28, 2005, 05:53 AM
Am I the only one that noticed some people are sitting on the ground, and or laying???

Skuda
Oct 28, 2005, 06:00 AM
it looks as if we may be able to add properties to our weapons. I hope we can. I wouldn't mind adding some techs to my swords.

Ryna
Oct 28, 2005, 08:22 AM
The Photon Arts sections looks interesting. I'm still rather weary about the "Cut In Chat" feature. I hope appropriate safe-guards have been put in place to prevent spamming. Also, a Word Select for PSU would be rather nice.

Would anyone happen to have direct links to the images for this week's update?

EspioKaos
Oct 28, 2005, 11:49 AM
My translations for this week's update.

CHARACTERS - Kou Taragi / human / male / 33 years old
Kou is an associate professor of engineering at a college in Parum's Lohzenom City. He began his career as a major in photon engineering, but then changed over to the research of A-photons. He taught Maya during the time that he was a photon engineering major.

SYSTEM - Photon Arts. Skimming over the section, it mentions being able to link different styles of Photon Arts to different weapons. For strike-type (melee) weapons, you link skills such as "rising slash" and "cross rush." For firearm-type weapons, you can link different bullets -- for example, the pictures on the site mention a "burning bullet" and a "frozen bullet." And finally, the tech-type weapons link techniques. (Or, as SonicTeam wants to spell it this time around, "technics.")

NETWORK - This section has some info on cut in chat and the party. From what I can tell, there really isn't anything new, but I'll double check it later when I've got more time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2005-10-28 10:16 ]</font>

Rion772
Oct 28, 2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks much for posting this weeks update. It looks so damn awesome, every updates been good =D.

I have an update myself, I am not too sure if it's been posted but I havn't seen it anywhere at all yet and a member of my team on our forums posted this up and said use it as we like basically.

http://games.kikizo.com/features/sega_sonicteam_psu_iv_oct05_p1.asp

If you havn't yet read it then when you're reading it and you get to a section on Page: 1 there is a place with 4 pictures grouped together. It basically says that we WILL be using items (most i'm assuming) from elder PS games and see old monsters during gameplay. Can you say "AMAZING!"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rion772 on 2005-10-28 13:19 ]</font>

DarK-SuN
Oct 28, 2005, 03:51 PM
Good lord, how could I have missed the updates outside the Character section... it must have been because it was 8:30am for me and sleep was destroying my attention span. o_o

OdinTyler
Oct 28, 2005, 06:28 PM
Ill have to check the ST PSU site again I guess but that interview states Spring 2006 for US. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif