PDA

View Full Version : If you have a problem, passlock your games!

ADE
Oct 28, 2005, 12:34 PM
So I join an Ult Desert game that has 3/4 spots filled and start slashing stuff up.

About five minutes into the run, a certain player who thinks the rules don't apply to him asked that I leave.

I left because I'm a gentleman, but I don't usually go around asking to get back into OPEN games.

Stop thinking you're above the rules, dude. You know who you are.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 28, 2005, 12:45 PM
If you know who it is, and you still decide to join that open game . . . aren't you putting yourself on the spot? Talk about painting yourself into a corner. Obviously you know who it is, yet you still go to "you know who it is" =/ But why? It is apparent that "you know who it is" and you don't get along, so why be in the near vicinity of each other? Its like going to a restaurant, you order a dish and hate it. Do you go back to that restaurant and order it again? You confuse me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scejntjynahl on 2005-10-28 10:51 ]</font>

ADE
Oct 28, 2005, 01:04 PM
No, when I initally saw the game it was 3/4. I didn't know this guy had been in it till others asked me to leave :l

Scejntjynahl
Oct 28, 2005, 01:10 PM
On 2005-10-28 11:04, ADE wrote:
No, when I initally saw the game it was 3/4. I didn't know this guy had been in it till others asked me to leave :l

Well, I can only suggest you use the TAB button to see who is in the game. Sorry you had to be asked to leave, it is an ackward feeling.

ADE
Oct 28, 2005, 01:16 PM
Yes, when I used the TAB button, there were 3 people in the game. None of them were him. So I assumed it had a spot open.

I guess just a moment prior to me checking the game, his game crashed. That's why I'm so irritated. How was I supposed to know? And why should someone be able to ask me to leave when, by playing in an open game, they are already agreeing to the rules of an open game?

tbmes11
Oct 28, 2005, 01:22 PM
And why should someone be able to ask me to leave when, by playing in an open game, they are already agreeing to the rules of an open game?

I fully agree with you on this. If the game is not locked than anyone can join. If they want a private game than they should create a password protected game.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 28, 2005, 01:26 PM
On 2005-10-28 11:16, ADE wrote:
Yes, when I used the TAB button, there were 3 people in the game. None of them were him. So I assumed it had a spot open.

I guess just a moment prior to me checking the game, his game crashed. That's why I'm so irritated. How was I supposed to know? And why should someone be able to ask me to leave when, by playing in an open game, they are already agreeing to the rules of an open game?

This is sounds more like bad timing. Apparently they were waiting for "you know who it is" to return, hence why they asked you to leave. Its unfair I know, but, would you like to be in a team of people that don't want you there? It is unfortunate, that has happened to me even on GameCube and for stupider reasons:

Me (as Hucaseal): May I join your party?
Them: What are you?
Me: What do you mean?
Them: What class are you?
Me: HUcaseal =)
Them: Can you leave.
Them: Only Ramarls in this game.
Me: ...

So I left. Checked the name of the game: "Come for exp!!"

So you tell me, think that was fair? Crap happens even in open games. So just make your own and forget it ever happened, or it will infuriate you.

geewj
Oct 28, 2005, 01:48 PM
So, if I understand this right, it goes like this.

A guy is playing in a game, and his game crashes, leaving a spot open.

You join, not knowing he had just crashed.

Five minutes later, he logs back on and asks you to leave so he can rejoin his game.

...so, how could that situation have gone that doesn't result in a rant from someone.

He doesn't ask to rejoin the game he was in? Put yourself in the same position with the same 'super duper anonymous person who knows who they are'. You dissconnect, he unknowingly takes your spot. You'd want it back too. And if you didn't get it there'd probably be a rant about that too.

So, the inital issue here seems to be that someone got dissconnected. So maybe the rant topic should be dissconnects and probability, rather than the overly daramatic one you went with.

Hrith
Oct 28, 2005, 04:24 PM
Is that a joke, Sen? T_T

The mistake they made is not to leave the game open, but not to let you know as soon as you got in that the spot was reserved.

I usually play in open games, and they usually fill fast. When a player gets disconnected/crashed, I politely ask anyone who joins in the next 10 minutes to leave because someone may come back. I never saw anyone refuse, or make a fuss about it, most assuredly because they would appreciate that someone did that for them.

But that was not what happened with Ade, to avoid confusion.