PDA

View Full Version : If you could, what would you correct about battle mode?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 5, 2002, 10:33 PM
Well, really all I hope they correct is the balance of weapons. Sometimes the same team gets the Mechs or the Blade up to three times in a row......and that's really annoying. Well, that and lag. Thoughts?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Sep 6, 2002, 12:15 AM
Probably 50% or another amount of damage nerfed, since most battles I've been in are 1-hit kills by someone with 60/0/60/0/60 lavis blades =-_-=.

Agent_Reav
Sep 6, 2002, 12:16 AM
umm... Megid camping. I hate that cheapness! >_<;

Russta
Sep 6, 2002, 06:21 AM
I would like to see the classes balanced and a tighter set of rules. I mean, how annoying is it when someone gets Mag invincibility? Who wants to be running round defenceless for two minutes out of ten?

If you're talking about other rules, then probably the weapons situation as well as balancing.

War_Child
Sep 6, 2002, 06:25 AM
Weapon balancing, and rech balancing (outside of rule 1 and possibly 4, droids are fucked ._.)

Ness
Sep 6, 2002, 06:34 AM
As for me, I didn't play battle mode much, but I do agree that it needs to balanced.

SS_Death
Sep 6, 2002, 07:10 AM
Lag, most of the time I hit someone and they dont move, fall over, etc.

When you fight the NPC's they respond as you hit them, I want to see a battle mode where when you hit someone you hit them, not 30 seconds later.

I have to agree with the techniques, plus androids are at a loss when their own level as all the others have TP so Resta = almost limitless healing! Unfair!!!

What I would really like is a rule where you can choose any weapon, armour and shield in the game and those are all you get but you retain your own level and stats. Finally you retain the weapon when you die.

I dunno, just a thought...

Malkavian
Sep 6, 2002, 09:34 AM
I would like the option to choose map, the rules like meseta or kills, the type of weapons, the number of lifes, etc...

Not predone rules.

SS_Death
Sep 6, 2002, 10:31 AM
On 2002-09-06 07:34, Malkavian wrote:
I would like the option to choose map, the rules like meseta or kills, the type of weapons, the number of lifes, etc...

Not predone rules.

I agree, now that really does sound like a good idea to me. Custom battles! Woo! Hoo!

Reno
Sep 6, 2002, 11:46 AM
On 2002-09-06 07:34, Malkavian wrote:

Not predone rules.

Ditto, i've been wanting to have custom rules for a long time, it would certainly be a lot better...

Anyway, getting rid of all the cheap tricks that people used would make my day, I like to have good, honest battles like when I first got version 2 (just after Japanese release)... not ones where the other person has an advantage because they know more tricks than you do...

l337_h4xOr
Sep 6, 2002, 01:00 PM
Character warping.

MarkXIII
Sep 6, 2002, 01:07 PM
A ranking system based on the number of wins you have and on the number of wins your opponents have. So people who spend days hanging out on GC's version of Oberon getting noob wins don't feel so great about themselves anymore. Sonic Team run battle tourneys? More close an personal maps like BA6, just to change it up once in awhile.

Malkavian
Sep 7, 2002, 09:28 AM
A monthly official tourney with prizes would be cool too

TeamPhalanx
Sep 7, 2002, 11:36 AM
No lag

Everyone comes in bare (no equipment)

Randomly generated maps

Only androids get traps

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 7, 2002, 12:30 PM
Better balance. So FO's don't almost always win. Or maybe I'm just horrible at BA mode since I've seen some HU's win over a FO, but that's like a 1/10 ratio in Rules like 3(warp).

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 7, 2002, 02:35 PM
I'd like to be able to customize a battle, including stats of characters.

Rubesahl
Sep 7, 2002, 09:24 PM
1. LAG - It needs much more improvement and it'd make some of the other faults not so annoying - __ -
2. I'm a force and I admmit it is hard for me to fight, ofcourse, but it's not also fair that I do a electric attack and the poor android gets mutilated... Oh well, as for megid I've never liked the idea of using it and Grants since it'd be unfair O_o That's why I've NEVER used them. Other techs yes.
3. Weapon distribution, yes Weapon select, yes. Things like: Only handgun, only saber, only class specific weapons, etc...
4. Stage select dammit! @___@
5. Better teamate selection! Have you noticed that some things in PSO that could be solved by BETTER INTERFACE!!! WHY is it that you can't go back after you select one ship? Why can't the quest select menu be a bit more easier to SELECT? Quest items being messed up O_o and so many stuff that could be simplified so much more >___<;;;
6. Same start when going down on Ragol? How about different starting points for each character! Then they have to reach a goal or something. This could be a cool mode.
7. A lot of other stuff people here have mentioned so far @_@

SkyHawkX
Sep 7, 2002, 09:28 PM
Lag creates character and improves overall skill.

Rubesahl
Sep 7, 2002, 09:35 PM
Well... the lag should still be taken off and you'll have the option to toggle it as an option! XD

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Sep 7, 2002, 09:49 PM
I look foward to be in Lagless games using the BBA. Also seeing some what of more balance in the game. I admit the FOs had some advantage over HUs and RAs.RAs had it the worst. Anywho , I took out many FOs using my HUmar.

Also if one was able to set up games with thier own rules that would be very good.

RavenTW
Sep 7, 2002, 10:06 PM
On 2002-09-07 19:24, Rubesahl wrote:
6. Same start when going down on Ragol? How about different starting points for each character! Then they have to reach a goal or something. This could be a cool mode.

Yeah, but the ability to even go down to Ragol was so that there would be friendly fire.

my main concerns are with the maps. First off, I would like multiple floors in a stage. (1st floor, 2nd floor, etc.), and the ability to use guns from one floor to attack somthing on another floor, like a sniper or somthing.

I would love it if we could make our own maps, but that's highly unlikely. Still, it would be cool.

Also, a nice filter system, Hunters only, rangers only, forces, specific classes, etc.

and vehicles! w00t! a 4x4 or tank, that could be busted by a Photon blast or technique or trap.

Yeah, that androids-use-traps-only would be nice too.

Wewt
Sep 7, 2002, 10:09 PM
Since this thread has evolved into what you'd change about the game, not just battle mode. I'd like to have option to disable all cuss filters. I really hate it...

HC82
Sep 7, 2002, 10:51 PM
Lag merely forces you to compensate for it and thus abuse it's nature to your advantage, either way it only hampers the gameplay.

BALANCE!!!

Just like how FO techs were nerfed for better balance(which backfired, making damage techs too weak during highlevel fights, and made FOs megid whores), nerf and retune other aspects for different rules.

I'll just go over rule 1 and a few other things. Bare with me.

Rule 1:
Hunters in there early 120s can drop pretty much anyone with a high percent pick. It's beyond me why they nerfed techs but left weapon percents to be as effective as they are.

Why fleshy races can use traps in rule 1 doesn't make much sense. They can resta, shifta, deband, jellen, and zalure(thus surpasing bots stats). Do they really need traps? Especially since a trap search or a state/matience makes traps pretty much worthless.

Personally I think state/matience should just reduce the time you spend in that negative status in Rule 1. Or just get rid of state/matience and make it so Rabarta doesn't freeze as often.

Fo techs are a bit too handicapped in Rule 1, which is why no one every uses damage techs and pretty much stick to being megid whores.

I think the damage tech nerf needs to be lightened up after techs are level 25+, but leave the nerf on megid as it is. Equiping a few pefect/resists allows for anyone to pretty much negate megids effectiveness and make damage techs puny. Legit Perfect/resists are pretty easy to get. But rule 1 during earlier levels means you probably won't have many P-resists, hence the nerf not being partially lifted intill techs are level 25+.

Other stuff:
Why ST made it so some classes cast faster or slower while barefisted still baffles me. Either way it unbalances some of the rules. While having a weapon equiped is understandable, but barefisted it should be equal.

Only rangers should be allowed to use mechs during battle mode. Hunter + mech = overkill.

I also think the ATA requirements should be higher for certain guns during battlemode. The lower level guns can stay at the same ata requirement but high level ones should need more ata to alienate hunters from using them and thus making them more ranger viable. Lower level guns in the hands of a hunter are more effective then that in the hands of a ranger. Perhaps a decreased accuracy when a hunter uses a gun. The accuracy decrease being different or non existant for each hunter race.

Rangers need major retuning in battle mode(exception being rule 1 and I think 4). A bit more atp per level would help, or maybe slightly more traps to use. A bot ranger can atleast see traps, set them off from afar by shooting them and snaging a kill, but poor old ramar...hes trap blind

I can think up tons of ways to fix this, but that would invlove making the ranger class slightly different, and IMO a more interesting class to play as.

If there long range combat support, then they should have something unique about them aside from raw ata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-09-07 21:19 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 8, 2002, 12:13 AM
For rule 6....

1. Get rid of the glitches such as self resta and rafoie snipe.

2. Even out the classes.

3. Have the choice to make teams random.

4. Have a pre-made tournament option in the game.

I basicly like how the battle system is, and i think they did a real good job on it. So other than the glitches, i have no complaints with the ver 2 ba.

*thumbs up for sonic team*

ChokingVictim
Sep 8, 2002, 06:41 PM
screw battle mode.....make some servers pvp...
having to watch your back and hunt at the same time.... oh wait...nm that... people are already used to having to watch their backs with no pvp....

i don't think pso and pvp will ever be friendly until they can make the world a little more large scale and open-ended...

battle's always gonna suck

SkyHawkX
Sep 8, 2002, 08:30 PM
Hey Frinx I believe BD told me that on Zeta SC's trial they could still perform all the glitches =/

geewj
Sep 8, 2002, 11:38 PM
well, the point of the trial is to find the glitches right? So maybe it got reported and fixed, hopefully. And if not, all my glitchless training for nothing :/

merlin
Sep 9, 2002, 05:45 PM
I hated battle mode.

Why? The levels were way too closed and claustrophobic. Open them up and make them bigger like a Quake arena.

Hell, just re-skin Quake with PSO character models and have battle mode exactly like that....fast and hectic. That'd make me a happy Force.

Wewt
Sep 9, 2002, 05:49 PM
Make 'em big, eh?

With PSO's character movement speed, that'd be fun... spending 75% of the time running around the arena to find an opponent to hit.

merlin
Sep 9, 2002, 05:56 PM
Exactly.

That's why I mentioned that I'd like to see Quake re-skinned. Imagine PSO characters moving with that much speed. I hated battle mode because it WAS so damned slow.

Wewt
Sep 9, 2002, 06:00 PM
You could make the skin on Half-Life, not sure about Q3A on the PC, never played it.

Maybe you should've played rule 6 more. The arena is more closed up, so there aren't many places to run... making the action faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WWWWWWWWWWWW on 2002-09-09 16:02 ]</font>