PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Inspired!!!

REJ-
Oct 31, 2005, 06:04 PM
Yea, so this past weekend (a.k.a. the weekend that just past, yea people do get confused) I went to ATF(Acquire The Fire) with my church youth group, It's a youth convention/rally/meeting/whatever you want to call it. It was awesome!!! They had Bands(rock bands that is), praise&worship, inspirational speakers, a play/skit(it was done very well too). It was one of my best weekends so far. It's not like normal church where there's hymns and a sermon, and you're barely staying awake. They've actually got some real music, and awesome speakers. There were about 8000 people there from all around Ontario, in Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario.

I didn't have any real reason for this, but I wanted to share this with you. I was also wondering if any of you have been to something like this. Just share any comments/opinions you have.

Sharkyland
Nov 1, 2005, 12:18 AM
On 2005-10-31 15:04, REJ- wrote:
Yea, so this past weekend (a.k.a. the weekend that just past, yea people do get confused) I went to ATF(Acquire The Fire) with my church youth group, It's a youth convention/rally/meeting/whatever you want to call it. It was awesome!!! They had Bands(rock bands that is), praise&worship, inspirational speakers, a play/skit(it was done very well too). It was one of my best weekends so far. It's not like normal church where there's hymns and a sermon, and you're barely staying awake. They've actually got some real music, and awesome speakers. There were about 8000 people there from all around Ontario, in Copps Coliseum in Hamilton, Ontario.

I didn't have any real reason for this, but I wanted to share this with you. I was also wondering if any of you have been to something like this. Just share any comments/opinions you have.

I would've gone to one but unfortuntely I didn't have enough funds, and one of the teams that I played with in college needed me.

Larian
Nov 1, 2005, 02:48 AM
I went to the one they had hosted in Chicago at UIC a few years ago...It was really nice, and I got a lot out of it at the time. Cool beans! Glad you had fun.

Madzozs
Nov 1, 2005, 11:08 AM
Like 6 years ago I went to one in Michigan. Wasn't really my cup of tea, but Gerald Ford was a guest speaker and that was fun.

Lenard
Nov 2, 2005, 12:39 AM
i went to one for my confromation, it was muc hsmaller but since that i tend to stay away from church related functions, i dont like church and i acknowledge the existence of god so i see no need to go to church. to each their own though.

REJ-
Nov 3, 2005, 11:40 AM
I don't like church that much either, but I would go more often if they had better sermons(inspirational speakers, praise bands, etc), basically just stuff that really touches you on the inside, but doesn't get you bored.