PDA

View Full Version : GC: RAmarl Section ID Trouble

Pobega
Nov 2, 2005, 05:48 AM
Now, I've just decided to boot up my GC again and play. I've always used RAmar in my time on DC, but on v3 they get jipped out of a lot of useful techs. So, I decided to go RAmarl. Now, I did a lot of research before coming to this decision, but I'm stuck between two IDs. Whitill and Redria.

Whitill, I've decided, would be good for all the rare gun hunts I can do (Heaven Punisher, Handgun Guld, Handgun Milla, all the Yasminkovs except 3000R). But, Whitill doesn't seem to find too many good Armors/Shields (since I will be self supporting I'll need both weapons and armor/shields).

Now, Redria as you all know, finds almost all the good armors/shields/units among other great things. But, it lacks the weapons I'll need to be self supporting.

I know for a fact I'm going to make one of each of these IDs, but I'm wondering which do you think is better for leveling myself with? After I hit say, 140 I'll create a character with the unused ID for the sole purpose of hunting items.

Now, in your opinion, which should I make first? (P.S. I plan to spend WAY more time actually playing with my RAmarl [the one I'm going to solo with] then my hunting character, so also include in your decision items that are found easily just on normal runs).

Thank you for your time, and if you may, post why you chose what you did, it may help me to decide for myself.

Hrith
Nov 2, 2005, 07:28 AM
Whitill, Yellowboze, Purplenum will help a RAmarl more than Redria.

Neith
Nov 2, 2005, 11:19 AM
Id recommend Yellowboze.

For armour, you have a relatively easy Luminous Field drop in Forest (Hildelt, 1/1205). That's nice armour that should be fine, plus doing Forest of Sorrow runs, theres always the bonus of a Frozen Shooter from 'torr.

Shields.. there's a Secure Feet drop from a Temple Mil Lily, easy drop, quite a nice RAmarl 'shield'.

Guns you may be interested in:
Red Handgun (Bartle, 1/1050)
Frozen Shooter (Ep1 Hildetorr, 1/2)
NUG-2000 Bazooka (for looks http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) (Canabin, 1/28,808)
Parts of Baranz (Ep1 Baranz, 1/371)
Spread Needle (Ep1 Merlan, 1/900)
Gi Gue's Body (Ult Gi Gue, 1/394)
Yasminkov 7000V (Ult Morfos, 1/788, best for hit%)

Obviously, there's a lot more, but thats some of the reasons Id suggest considering a Yellowboze.

Of the 2 ID's you picked, I'd say Whitill, because of the Guld/Milla combo. Theres some nice RA equipment with Whitill, but personally, Id consider Yellowboze..

Spankster
Nov 2, 2005, 11:33 AM
Bluefull. ;D

Gae Bolgs R us.

Pobega
Nov 2, 2005, 03:33 PM
Personally I like the handgun drops more then the Yellowboze drops, thanks for the tip though. Bluefull, curse of the Gae Bolg, yeah right. I like Redra more for the units then the armor anywho, since awesome armor can be made from Stink Frame >.>

Any other suggestions?

DezoPenguin
Nov 2, 2005, 05:33 PM
If you're only going to play one single section ID (presumably offline) and you're a RAmarl, I'd say Purplenum in a heartbeat, for the following reasons:

1. Frozen Shooter (also available in Whitill, Yellowboze, Greenill). The single most useful piece of equipment for a soloing Ranger. I wouldn't bother with any section ID that doesn't have this weapon, period (again, for an offline-only Ranger with one section ID only).

2. Yasminkov 9000 (P'num only). This unique drop enables you to inflict mechgun damage at rifle range, permitting you to extinguish enemies before they get anywhere near you and do it quickly.

3. Spread Needle (also available in Yellowboze, Greenill, Redria). The ability to hurt multiple targets is very handy for soloing characters.

4. Loads of L&K14s will quickly enable you to snag one with hit%. Likewise, the highest incidence of ???Vulcans will make it more and more likely you can score a decent set of Charge Vulcans before you turn 151 or 152 (whichever it is) and they appear in the shop.

5. The game's easiest Red Handgun drop off a Forest El Rappy to quickly give you some firepower when you get into Ultimate for the first time.

6. Yasminkov 2000H, Yasminkov 7000V, Ruby Bullet available for collection purposes. ^_-

7. Armor drops are admittedly crappy, but Attribute Wall is available relatively easily (run the first room of East Tower over and over again in Hard mode if you have PSO+, otherwise do Seaside runs in Very Hard) and Delsaber's Shield doesn't get any easier (available in Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate). Your best armor option will probably be to secure a Spirit Garment and Magic Rock Moola and make yourself an Aura Field (minimum stats, but what the hey else are you going to do?) Otherwise, you may be able to get a DF Field from the Ruins, and don't overlook the utility of a Sacred Cloth as well, since it's pipeable and it's entirely possible you won't have anything better from 144-151 stats-wise, either. AddSlots drop off Sinow Golds in Very Hard.

8. Pipeable God/Minds in Very Hard allow you to use higher-level technique disks all the faster--one of your major strengths as an offline RAmarl will be those techs.

If you don't like the color purple or something, then my second choice would be Whitill.

Neith
Nov 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
A little off-topic here, I apologise.

I'm lv157 on GC, and I'm yet to see Vulcans of ANY kind in my shops in Ultimate. There are Rayguns, Lasers, Gladius, Caliburs, but NEVER Vulcans. Is there a reason for this?

Pobega
Nov 2, 2005, 08:26 PM
Skyly.

And thanks, I think I'll go with Purplenum ^_^

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 02:06 PM
Skyly is a good ID just not good for rangers if you ask me, my cousin is a LV 90 RAmar skyly and my level 64 HUmar would destroy him, go with Whitill for a ranger.

Pobega
Nov 8, 2005, 02:21 PM
I was pointing out Skyly to the person who asked why he/she never saw a Vulcan. I ended up going with Purplenum.

Rion772
Nov 8, 2005, 07:45 PM
Ah yes now I see, good choice though.

One day you'll find yourself a Yasminkov 9000M...Lucky.

DocC93
Nov 8, 2005, 09:48 PM
Go for Whiteill, armor and shields don't matter much if you can get weapons that can kill baddies before they get within a 100 yards(metaphorically).