PDA

View Full Version : "n00b"- everyone's favorite insult

Natron
Nov 2, 2005, 04:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed that people who have relatively little knowledge of others on BB call people n00bs because they don't like their playing style? for instance, I was playing today and was called a n00b because I had low defense and didn't wanna take hits for some PB points. So, the guy i was playing with called me a n00b. when i told him i had another lv. 129 char, hesays "yyeah well i've got 5 chars higher than that on Xbox,BB, and DC" Note that this was a lv. 36 char with what appeared to be opheile seize, along with another rare mech and a rati, a gladius +8, and who knows what else. Seems too good to be true. And if his other high level chars had that kind of equipment when they were leveling, I can see why they got so high so fast (he said it was easy and didn't take long, because he knew how to level, after saying he barely ever plays. Anyway, does anyone else have an opinion on new players and people with big egos calling veterans n00bs?

P.S. sorry if it's in the wrong spot mods.

Scejntjynahl
Nov 2, 2005, 04:45 PM
This may go the rants section.

"Noobs", hmmm, the first time I was called that I was all thrilled.

ME: "Noob? Heh, he kicks booty in MK"
Them: ...

But yeah, its just a nobrainer insult because to think of an original insult would make their neurotic synapses fail and they would die on the spot. I just call all of those people that are too lazy to even back up the insult a bunch of "reject test tube fetuses"

Natron
Nov 2, 2005, 04:47 PM
I was thinkin maybe rants too, but I like your thoughts on that. I feel a little less angry now...

Split
Nov 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
On 2005-11-02 13:40, Natron wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that people who have relatively little knowledge of others on BB call people n00bs because they don't like their playing style? for instance, I was playing today and was called a n00b because I had low defense and didn't wanna take hits for some PB points. So, the guy i was playing with called me a n00b. when i told him i had another lv. 129 char, hesays "yyeah well i've got 5 chars higher than that on Xbox,BB, and DC" Note that this was a lv. 36 char with what appeared to be opheile seize, along with another rare mech and a rati, a gladius +8, and who knows what else. Seems too good to be true. And if his other high level chars had that kind of equipment when they were leveling, I can see why they got so high so fast (he said it was easy and didn't take long, because he knew how to level, after saying he barely ever plays. Anyway, does anyone else have an opinion on new players and people with big egos calling veterans n00bs?

P.S. sorry if it's in the wrong spot mods.

Wow, what a fucktard. Even if that guy did have all those higher level characters he probably sucks at actually playing the game. What kind of player wants their team mate to take hits for a pb? Y'see that's where you challenge that fucker to a battle and whoop his ass. I level with you, man, that totally pisses me off, it's one of the worst, most condescending things someone could say in that position, and it's cowardly. No one can spot a vet by skill anymore, only by stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Split on 2005-11-02 14:37 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Nov 6, 2005, 06:09 AM
I always knew that 3 year olds from Runescape were filtering over to BB.
In my history of PSO, people called each other n00bs as a joke, like "LAWL, STFU N00BZ"
At places such as the "R word", people called each other n00bs because they were jealous, underpowered ("Flag n00b!") or heartless.
However, if the word n00b was never invented, we wouldn't have anything to make fun of, would we? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 6, 2005, 09:22 AM
It all used to be a noble insult... But when the n00bs in question decided to call other people n00bs, it alllllllll went down the drain. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sharkyland
Nov 6, 2005, 11:03 AM
Hmm, I have never had anyone call me that, nor the less do I care. If I'm in a good mood, I usually help the person... when I'm not, I usually don't do anything (downside of my personality).

I still learn from both veterans and new people, but my playing style is just average. :/

InfinityXXX
Nov 6, 2005, 01:09 PM
Back in MMORPG days, I was called noob all the time and I wasn't even new to the games half the time. I just shrugged it off, most people that say noob all the time are usually noobs themselves.(I said most not all) Personally, I've never called anyone a noob, even if they were new to the game. Its really immature in my opinion.

Neith
Nov 6, 2005, 05:22 PM
A lot of people use it to describe a new player. As far as I know, 'newbie' is the word to use >_>

Ive called people n00bs before, yeah. They were asking for it though <_<

Heh, there's worse insults people could use I guess.

rena-ko
Nov 6, 2005, 06:02 PM
its easy, a newb is a newbie. nothing wrong with that.

a newbie that refuses to listen and learn is a n00b.

anyway, i usually consider who says something before i judge its importance.
if some nub calls you nub, its a thing to laugh about. really. if you act different, you're just adding fuel to the nub's fire.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-11-06 15:04 ]</font>