PDA

View Full Version : Avatars

Derek0660
Nov 2, 2005, 05:00 PM
How many of you actually are male but have female avatars or vice-versa?
If you want to post the story behind your avatar, feel free to do so.

tiltnkirby26
Nov 2, 2005, 05:10 PM
Awesome, first time posting on the forums again. Anyway, the first character I made on the dreamcast was a FOnewearl and I've liked that class ever since.
e
z

Sharkyland
Nov 2, 2005, 05:39 PM
Usually I use an avatar to show someone cute... though I really never show that it tells others who I am... and I am mistaken for a girl a lot due to my personality.

Neith
Nov 2, 2005, 05:42 PM
I change quite often, but usually have a HUnewearl avatar. I'm male, but used HUnewearls for most of PSO, so made sense. Besides, I don't like any of the male classes (except RAcast).

VioletSkye
Nov 2, 2005, 06:37 PM
I'm a guy but I've always used a female for my avatar. I've been mistaken for a girl many, many, many times http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KodiaX987
Nov 2, 2005, 06:49 PM
I was once mistaken for a blue-haired, elf-eared beauty. I've worn female avatars ever since.

Nai_Calus
Nov 2, 2005, 07:29 PM
What if you're a guy with a guy avatar, or a girl with a girl avatar? XP

Scejntjynahl
Nov 2, 2005, 07:32 PM
What if you dont have an avatar. Oh wait, that is right I am a nobody.

Kuea
Nov 2, 2005, 07:34 PM
just something about this avvy draws my eyes to it

Sayara
Nov 2, 2005, 07:46 PM
I like the moody icon actually.

Eihwaz
Nov 2, 2005, 08:17 PM
On 2005-11-02 16:29, Ian-KunX wrote:
What if you're a guy with a guy avatar, or a girl with a girl avatar? XP

Then you blatantly assume that the person is the same gender as the the avatar. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Personally, I usually swap between various HUmar/FOnewm avatars. I'd like to use a FOmar one sometime, but I don't like many of the FOmar avatars in the database.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-11-02 17:17 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 2, 2005, 10:55 PM
Well, right now my avatar is a spud, and for good reason, but I had a HUnewearl there and I had Nei there for a while, and so on. The reason though, goes back to my username, which is the way it is, because I wanted people to be able to recognize me from the site, back in the day, on PSODC.

Blitzkommando
Nov 2, 2005, 11:03 PM
I am more commonly known on PSO as my RAmarl or HUnewearl, artillerist and kuribo respectively. Thus, having a RAmarl to show my favorite class simply made sense.

CupOfCoffee
Nov 2, 2005, 11:13 PM
Mine's just an eyeball, but I think it belongs to that EP3 RAmarl.

Sinue_v2
Nov 3, 2005, 01:39 AM
I guess I can't vote since I fall into the male w/ male avattar category.

I chose him because he both looks like a warrior, and looks like he was drawn in EGA old style graphics. (EGA = 16 Colors, so it's not far off) That, and I just like the picture.

EJ
Nov 3, 2005, 01:45 AM
But what if you have a mag or monster?

Zelutos
Nov 3, 2005, 03:01 AM
Male with Male avi. Is that weird?

Nidarrock
Nov 4, 2005, 10:33 PM
Avatars I usually try to go with something more relavent/personal to me. While in game I usually go with the females.

Sharkyland
Nov 6, 2005, 11:13 AM
On 2005-11-02 22:39, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I guess I can't vote since I fall into the male w/ male avattar category.

I chose him because he both looks like a warrior, and looks like he was drawn in EGA old style graphics. (EGA = 16 Colors, so it's not far off) That, and I just like the picture.

If I remember correctly from Phantasy Star II, the girl was the weapon shop, while the guy was the armor shop, and now I can't remember who the item shop guy is. I know that person who could ressurect you was freaky x.x

PIT
Nov 6, 2005, 11:23 AM
well, i never know what avatar to choose. i've picked this one, coz' i'm riding a modem and the pictures load really slow. so skipped few pages fo 'em and found one that doesn't look too bad http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

that's all, whole story

Wyndham
Nov 6, 2005, 11:52 AM
i thought my avatar fits because Zelutos already has the avatar i'd want if i had full options.
and then i saw the one Outrider had.
but then i saw Outrider.
so i took an Avatar of Break.
and i switched the day a tenth person had mistaken me for a girl.
it just makes so many humorous implications without a word, while looking cool.
can't beat that.
next, if i change my avatar, i think i'll choose a female character because there's one i particularly like.

navci
Nov 6, 2005, 12:39 PM
Everyone thought I was a guy when I had my new avatar.

So I fit in the
"female with male avatar" type that no one cares about. Well, cuz girls don't exist on the internet.

But, it would have been funny if I was a guy with my current avvy.

Saiffy
Nov 6, 2005, 12:42 PM
I dunno if it's a guy in the PS games.

But nowadays, it's Sailor Mercury :>

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 6, 2005, 01:30 PM
Actually Saif, that's Kyra from Phantasy Star IV.