PDA

View Full Version : the Greatest

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 10:06 PM
on PSO my goal was to be known or renoun like Leo, RR Rico, etc. so i was thinking:
1)how many heros besides Ethan and the crew do yo think will be
2)will there be a way to get your character to a status like that
3)who the heck was DB, maybe im just to new school
4)will "s-ranks" or customisable weapons look cool e-nuf so that they arent mistaken for gladiuses and vulcans and such. and your weapon becomes somewhat more of a trade mark 4 ur char.

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:10 PM
DB is more than like Donoph. I dont know what his last name is (as its not given), but, if you do his qst, youll see he more than qualifies for fame. A hero isnt a person thats necessarily famous. Its what a person does, despite the situations around him/herself & overcoming adversity. Thats what makes a real hero.

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 10:16 PM
yea sry bout that. the messed up part was i spent like 15 min. explaining the qualities of a hero 2 some1 2day in school so they could bs a presentation. but yea forget #2. well #1 also as it is not even something discussable kinda. but yea umm... wow all we can do is speculate so everyone that sees ths thread... PONDER

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 10:19 PM
Uh oh. I started another trend. First, I made a running gag of 'stay on topic' now, its 'ponder.' Whats next? Hmmm. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ANIMEniac
Nov 2, 2005, 10:37 PM
lol well im gunna transmute question #2 into: what do the items and meseta that are droped look like?

Dre_o
Nov 2, 2005, 10:43 PM
Transmute? Where is the equivalency in those two statements?
Oh well, I'm assuming that the only way to be famous will be to accell in the things that we can only speculate about, massive wars, special weapons, exploration, and that stuff.

Parn
Nov 2, 2005, 10:44 PM
On 2005-11-02 19:10, OdinTyler wrote:
DB is more than like Donoph. I dont know what his last name is (as its not given)
His last name is Baz. Indeed, related to Alicia Baz.

OdinTyler
Nov 2, 2005, 11:17 PM
On 2005-11-02 19:44, Parn wrote:

On 2005-11-02 19:10, OdinTyler wrote:
DB is more than like Donoph. I dont know what his last name is (as its not given)
His last name is Baz. Indeed, related to Alicia Baz.

Now, you just made that up! How come you dont hear back from her to say that her 'relative' practically died in your arms?

Skuda
Nov 3, 2005, 02:42 AM
I do believe what Parn said was true.

I'm positive Donoph's last name is Baz

Rion772
Nov 3, 2005, 06:29 AM
You asked about item and meseta boxes, I think someone said that the meseta boxes are now red, still the same shape just turned to the side and item boxes are either meseta looking boxes turned to the side or green...I forget...people...feel free to correct me.

Parn
Nov 3, 2005, 08:39 AM
On 2005-11-02 20:17, OdinTyler wrote:
Now, you just made that up! How come you dont hear back from her to say that her 'relative' practically died in your arms?
I dunno OdinTyler. Why doesn't the game come right out and tell you exactly what happened to Red Ring Rico? Why doesn't the game tell you exactly what the Pioneer Project was? Why doesn't the game spell everything out for you?

If you'd bothered to read between the lines and piece things together, you'd have reached the conclusion that Alicia Baz is Donoph's adopted daughter, instead of jumping to the conclusion that I'm just making stuff up. Though I suppose it doesn't help that there's translations errors all over (Zook instead of Zoke, etc). It's weird because Alicia is Flowen's daughter by blood, so you'd think she'd use the last name Flowen, yet she doesn't.

Edit: On yet another note, The Retired Hunter quest also puts a neat little hole in the game's storyline. The computer terminal in Forest 2 specifies that Heathcliff Flowen died in 3084, directly conflicting with Episode II's story of unraveling the mystery of his whereabouts. Heh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-11-03 06:09 ]</font>

OdinTyler
Nov 3, 2005, 09:14 AM
On 2005-11-03 05:39, Parn wrote:

On 2005-11-02 20:17, OdinTyler wrote:
I dunno OdinTyler. Why doesn't the game come right out and tell you exactly what happened to Red Ring Rico? Why doesn't the game tell you exactly what the Pioneer Project was? Why doesn't the game spell everything out for you?

If you'd bothered to read between the lines and piece things together, you'd have reached the conclusion that Alicia Baz is Donoph's adopted daughter, instead of jumping to the conclusion that I'm just making stuff up. Though I suppose it doesn't help that there's translations errors all over (Zook instead of Zoke, etc.)

Edit: On yet another note, The Retired Hunter quest also puts a neat little hole in the game's storyline. The computer terminal in Forest 2 specifies that Heathcliff Flowen died in 3084, directly conflicting with Episode II's story of unraveling the mystery of his whereabouts. Heh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2005-11-03 06:07 ]</font>

Now whos misreading ppl's posts? Thats not what I was getting at. I like unraveling the plot as I play. Im not asking for the whole plot to be spilled to me at the beginning. I was asking about 2 ppl who you say are related. Ive seen no in game story that Donoph was related in any way to Alicia. Hearing about it here is news to me. If they are related, thats fine. I do happen to like the Retired Hunter qst. I felt bad for him dying. Besides, if you read my post right about you 'making it up', I was saying it jokingly, geez.
As for the mention of Flowen's death, technically its not wrong. He was 'announced' as being dead so the experiments could take place. For all intents & purposes, Flowen was dead (body taken over, etc) just as Rico 'died' the moment she was overtaken.

Parn
Nov 3, 2005, 12:39 PM
On 2005-11-03 06:14, OdinTyler wrote:
Ive seen no in game story that Donoph was related in any way to Alicia. Hearing about it here is news to me.
It's been mentioned on PSOWorld several times. It's even in fanfics for PSO on this very site, heh. This stuff was discussed as far back as the Dreamcast days when it was an online-only quest, before the GameCube release came out.

In fact, Sega even has his name listed on the official PSOBB site. Check it out.

Besides, if you read my post right about you 'making it up', I was saying it jokingly, geez.
If you read my post right, I was joking too. Or maybe neither of us were joking at all. The internet is kind of interesting in that regard.

As for Flowen, you're correct. I remembered the opening statement with Natasha Milrose all wrong.

OdinTyler
Nov 3, 2005, 04:59 PM
Well, in my defense I was absent from the PSO World site for awhile. Sometimes Id read here & there but I took a break from posting. Never did I see a Donoph/Alicia connection, but ok. As for fanfics...they tend to get rather liberal with their storytelling. Even more so than I do! BB I dont have so I havent followed it that much. Ive been a console PSO gamer since DC Ver1 & been playing PS since the beginning - 87/88. Glad to know Im not the only one who insists some ppl are related to others. Hey, it can happen, right? There was a mention that Alicia was adopted? What is the real story with those 2 anyway?

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 01:20 PM
On 2005-11-02 19:19, OdinTyler wrote:
Uh oh. I started another trend. First, I made a running gag of 'stay on topic' now, its 'ponder.' Whats next? Hmmm. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There's no way in hell I'm letting you take all the credit for ponder! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 03:15 PM
On 2005-11-04 10:20, PhruitBaskit wrote:

On 2005-11-02 19:19, OdinTyler wrote:

There's no way in hell I'm letting you take all the credit for ponder! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You have to! I DID start it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As for something mentioned earlier in the topic, the boxes are as follows. Ive seen monomates drop & still a green color & meseta are still yellow. However, they shine ALOT brighter than before (especially the meseta). Also, heres a tip for that topside lvl (that was part of the demo). Yep, Im gonna offer a tip before the game's even out! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif You may see haystacks here & there. I watched so many ppl pass them by. DONT! If you see one, hack it up. There may be items in there. A lil more realistic than a box sitting somewhere out of nowhere, but, youll notice the haystacks when youre out there.

PhruitBaskit
Nov 4, 2005, 08:35 PM
Oooh, bright boxes! They sound pretty LOL Seriously, the boxes need a little more color. And a tip before the games even comes out!?! That's preposterous! Anyways, haystacks have items so slash 'em up...got it! I would have done it even if I didn't know there were items in them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And yes a stack of hay looks a little better in the middle of nowhere than a little box.

And look around for the first time one of us used 'ponder'...Then and only then will you see the truth! I hope...

Parn
Nov 4, 2005, 10:04 PM
On 2005-11-03 13:59, OdinTyler wrote:
There was a mention that Alicia was adopted?
Nope, it's implied. Alicia is the daughter of Heathcliff Flowen, but her name is not Alicia Flowen, it's Alicia Baz. Since she is using that last name, one can only assume that she's been adopted as Donoph's daughter. Flowen mentioned in his message that she was very fond of him, fond enough to take his last name and ditch her father's name, apparently.

OdinTyler
Nov 4, 2005, 10:40 PM
Wait, hold up! Where is THAT mentioned???

Dre_o
Nov 5, 2005, 12:36 AM
On 2005-11-04 19:40, OdinTyler wrote:
Wait, hold up! Where is THAT mentioned???

Indeed?? I never heard that.

PS this is really off topic

Parn
Nov 5, 2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Dre, not that it really freaking matters. You may as well have typed "Post count +1".

Back to the actual subject, this information is given when you go down to Forest 2 after talking to Alicia when Donoph has died, if you answered "!!" to Donoph earlier in the quest. There is a message at the computer terminal in Forest 2.

Computer terminal
- Main computer access... Access denied. .. Local computer access... Access OK. ..
Search Heathcliff... ... Search result: 1 Heathcliff Flowen ...W... in 084 year, died
There is a message. Do you want to play the message?

[If you choose YES...]
- Start playing the message. I know who is watching this... I decided to leave a little
ahead of you. It's sad that we can't see each other, but I don't want to tempt fate.
It's very peaceful here. It's boring because it's too peaceful. Donof... This is not
the place for you. Especially, for you... Ha ha ha My daughter will take care of you.
Don't cause any problems, old man. You are her favorite. Ever since she was a small
child, I'd imagine. ... ... ... And, Zook, I know you want "out," but don't do
anything stupid. You're such a stubborn guy. Even when we were young. Well... I did
something that I'm not really proud of... We are so old now. I hope you understand.
Don't let that girl worry about you so much. We still have a lot to talk about, but I
guess it'll be a while. See you again... over there. ... ... ... Finish playing.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 09:41 AM
I think I can speak for many when I say...huh? OK, it mentions Flowen & Donoph & it doesnt actually say Alicia (tho MAYBE it can be implied). What were those other ramblings about a daughter taking care of you & who is this Zook person? I think further 'translation' needs to be applied. That msg just raises more questions.

Parn
Nov 5, 2005, 09:46 AM
Dude, I covered this earlier in the thread. Zook is mistranslated as Zoke.

It's also not a maybe in regards to Alicia. This is a message from Flowen. The only person that was taking care of Donoph was Alicia. Flowen says that his daughter will take care of Donoph. Therefore, Alicia is clearly his daughter by blood, and the adopted daughter of Donoph since she took his last name.

What other possible conclusion could you come up with?

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 09:49 AM
Well, if you read the last part of that msg, & Zook is Zoke, the only girl that he should be told to 'not worry so much about him'...theres only one...Shino. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif This I know because I was just working on that qst yesterday. Always did love that one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Parn
Nov 5, 2005, 09:53 AM
Indeed, that second half of the message is to Zoke and clearly refers to Shino.

OdinTyler
Nov 5, 2005, 10:01 AM
1) I wouldve never thought to go to Forest2 (of all places) after the RH qst.

2) Doesnt it seem like Flowen is starting to ramble like a madman, making all these references? Its kinda random. He talks like hes dying or something.