PDA

View Full Version : Robochao question

s0kar
Nov 3, 2005, 09:54 AM
I got the parts of robochao mag cell (finally!)
I was checking the guides and saw that 2 stats>70

Does that mean that i can have these stats?
35/35/0/0

and then i use the mag cell?

Also which section id is needed to raise this mag?

Thanks in advance.

Ryna
Nov 3, 2005, 10:12 AM
If I remember correctly, two of the stats have to be greater than 70. So in your example, the mag would have to be 70/70/0/0 before you could use the mag cell. Since there usually isn't much use in having a mag with two 70+ stats, you don't see Robochao mags too often. Also, any Section ID should be able to make it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-11-03 07:14 ]</font>

hyperacute
Nov 3, 2005, 10:45 AM
An example of where I would find a mag with those stats useful would be a "trainee" ranger (mine is a 'Cassie and a GC remake of my BB char). A mag with decent power and slightly higher dex (for using some of those higher ATA requirement weapons) is pretty useful as an intermediate. The stats on my "training sato" are 5/115/80/0 which, at level 33 with a God/Arm or two allows me to use some of the better weapons (brings my base dex to around 168 IIRC) without sacrificing too much "punch" by way of losing ATP.

This would suit a Robochao pretty well (providing you levelled it in such a way that Def+Dex never = Pow+ Mind). Just a thought...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hyperacute on 2005-11-03 07:46 ]</font>

Sitka
Nov 3, 2005, 01:26 PM
Some people just like the way it looks. I had one on my Racast on xbox and loved that thing floating above my big, broad shoulders.

I've raised three 5/125/70/0 mags for Robo Chao cells just because there is a market for them.

s0kar
Nov 3, 2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the help, i've decided to raise it 5/70/70/0

I'm going to use it for my HUcast since i use mechguns alot..

Thanks for the help!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: s0kar on 2005-11-03 11:59 ]</font>

Natron
Nov 3, 2005, 04:40 PM
See folks, here is a great example of not playing the game like people say it's "supposed to be played" Congrats to you man,on figuring out a good reason to get a mag you really like and have something to tell people off with when traditionalist players tell you its dumb to have a robochao unless your blah... blah... blah... Anyway, robochao's are awesome looking, and good luck in making one. By the way, I'm assuming that since you're a HUcast you'll be levelling it to 5/125/7/0, right? If so, that'll be a sweet mag. Sorry to take up so much space here. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ryna
Nov 3, 2005, 04:45 PM
I never said the Robochao mag wasn't any good. It has its uses on certain characters. Also, it is a rather distinctive mag. With that being said, you probably are not going to be able to use to use one in max-stating situations.

Natron
Nov 3, 2005, 04:57 PM
I wasn't talking about you at all, I'm sorry if i made it sound that way. I was talking about the people most of us have played with once or twice that feel likerangers should never melee, stuff like that. I meant no offense to you whatsoever.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neith
Nov 3, 2005, 05:01 PM
When you play Ep4, Rangers need to melee ><

s0kar
Nov 3, 2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah thats right i will be fully raising it to 5/125/70/0

Thanks for all the replies!!:)

PJ
Nov 3, 2005, 07:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/PJ_PSO/Episode_1_2/Mo_CH/Mocoolness.png

If you can live with the terrible over abundance of the Dex, Robochao is a great mag on a Ranger.

With it, chances are you will need no Arm units ever, and if you feel your ATP boost isn't enough (And, if it isn't enough, play a RAcast/HUcast instead) you can use some Power units to pick up the slack, which will be fine since you won't need the /Arm units.

And from the visual point of view, it's super cute, so who cares if it's the best mag "Technically." http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Also, Robochao could make a nice half melee/half casting mags (Very rarely done, but very fun). Obviously as a FO, you'll need some arm units, and since you'll be using arm units, you won't need to use up Dex on this Power/Magic mag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-11-03 16:41 ]</font>

Sitka
Nov 3, 2005, 07:46 PM
Yes supah - you and I were thinking along the same lines. I'm keeping a Robochao on my fonewm for whacking things when I'm not supporting the team. It gets awful boring just sitting back and waiting to cast, so why not?

Now when I'm nuking, pure 187 mind soniti, thank you very much, but not too many hunters like fonewms that nuke the crap out of their games, so for team games, support first, whack second.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-11-03 16:48 ]</font>